Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#400093 10/01/10 05:47 PM
Chrol Offline OP
OP Offline
I would LOVE to see Divinity 3 as a remaster of Divine Divinity, same missions, same, maps, same areas and NPCs.

Divinie Divinity itself is unarguably one of the greatest games ever in my opinion so with the introduction of a 3D atmosphere and improved graphics, not to mention the chance to improve on all the flaws, it could easily become a legendary game.

Do you agree with me?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 10/01/10 05:47 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
I disagree, it would loose its charm.

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Originally Posted by Chrol
I would LOVE to see Divinity 3 as a remaster of Divine Divinity, same missions, same, maps, same areas and NPCs.

Divinie Divinity itself is unarguably one of the greatest games ever in my opinion so with the introduction of a 3D atmosphere and improved graphics, not to mention the chance to improve on all the flaws, it could easily become a legendary game.

So basically what, retcon D2's story and ending out of existence? I'll freely admit in lieu of the literary train wreck we were served, it's sorely tempting, but I voted no.

veteran
veteran
I vote I agree ...
BUT with a better ending!!
And with the good things Divinity II have in it like mindreading and some of the interface-qualities it will be a great RPG! grin
I also wish to change the most of the Quests and the places where we could find solutions (finding a key/NPC etc) for the quests smile .;
Otherwise it will be to much a duplicate of DD and anno 2010 it's not necessary! wink

Idea for an ending:
The Wastelands integrated in the rest of rivellon (so you can go back to Rivellon after enter the Wastelands, but you can't go to the Wastelands before your "Blessing". wink
More quests in the Wastelands, quests that need you go also back to Rivertown, Dark Forest Aleroth and/or Verdistis and so on ... a seemless continuance of the story! So NOT only killing monsters and the Black Ring members.
The good thing in Divinity II is the Flying fortresses are something like the Fortresses of the Black Ring Members in DD! A very godo thing in D 2 you must go find in the Orobas Fjord and poisonous Brocken Valley solutions for quests. Something like this can also for this 3Dimension DD-version grin

And than the final battle with the Demon of Lies,
two possible endings I imagine/visualize/reflect on:
1) if my hero can defeat the Demon of Lies: I win and a video starts where you see Rivellon is a beautiful and peaceful world now or something like that ... but you are the great hero, for sure laugh

2) if you loose : a video starts where you see all kind of horrible things the Demon of Lies produce to bring wars and dissensions to Rivellon

and so the hero wish, he/she can begin over again (some fantasy: Zandalor rescue you from Heaven)!
So More:
I can begin over again, but not with the same stats/skills/qualities like the first time!
But also this idea: your battle with the Demon of Lies the first time would not always the same, for sure(damage the Demon more or less!), so in that case the next time you must kill the demon can be a challeging or not so hard to defeat (but not to easy!)
OR
the Demon is weaker or stronger now! Stronger it would say: he brings stronger allies you must defeat next time you REplay DD!

In fact, you restart DD like as you replay DD, but with a few different things now!
New quests comes up second time, a few more area's to explore,some new or different enemies and ...
... according to which choices you make the first time by quests and your stats and skills ... the second time the game can be a lot different!!

Only if you can defeat the Demon, you WIN and the game is done. smile

Naturally you can make the choise to restart a savegame before the final battle, but why not give it a try restart again for a (whole) different second time? grin

Bu I'm afraid this idea "to begin the scond time differnet" isn't that easy to make such a game smirk !!

More ideas? All above writing down are just some of my thoughts wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard