Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#401417 15/01/10 04:16 AM
Vinity Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I found the entire game to be very small compared to the first DD, the ending is absolutly retarded,it is the most stupidest ending i have ever seen,ive played DD2 thru once and thats it for me, with an ending like that it only deserves the once thru,sure it leaves an opening for an expansion or a 3rd DD,but with that ending i aint playing it anymore cause that is just really stupid. Congrats Larian studios for a FAILED!! ending of DD2. *clap* Clap* *CLAP*

Last edited by Vinity; 15/01/10 04:17 AM.
Vinity Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Its a great play all the way thru, everyone will be expecting to face it off one on one with damian,but that ending just ruins the whole game,i cant be bothered replaying it all over again knowing just how fail the ending is.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
I believe you want to discuss the ending here

Vinity Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I'll do a alittle research to see if there is any alternitive endings, but if there isnt, then everyone who felt the same as i did playing DD2 from start to finish will be dissapointed as much as i am with an ending like that.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
there is no alternative ending frown. If you click that link and goes towards the end there is 2 posts by me that provides parts of an interview that a gaming website did with someone from Larian Studios one was about the ending and the other i posted was about replayability.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
I am about 3/4 through my 2nd playthrough and I sort of just thought to myself ... why? I guess I will probably trade this one in, something I almost never do with RPG's ...

They built such a fun skill system but near the end of the game you easily outlevel almost all enemies except the last 2 big bads ... making it not very necessary to really focus your build at the end game. You could respec and go play around with a new build, but most likely you killed everything already.

Then there's the battle tower but by the time you start to start to really upgrade it you have killed almost everything and you most likely outlevel everything around you anyway so why spend the time to upgrade it.

And the ending ... well, I consider it a slap in the face to the gamer. The ending is bad enough to sour alot of the rest of the experience.

Vinity Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks Templarofsteel,glad to see there is more than a few people who feel the ending of DD2 was incrediably dissapointing.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by MonkeyLungs

Then there's the battle tower but by the time you start to start to really upgrade it you have killed almost everything and you most likely outlevel everything around you anyway so why spend the time to upgrade it.

i got one reason xbox live achievements. Its worth a whopping 100 gamerpoints added to my gamerscore! lol

Vinity Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Graphics doesnt make a game good, its the length of the game and the how indepth the story takes you + the ending, if the ending is good then people like me will want to do it again,the choice and cons are really good, it really defines what type of person your character is. If it was my game i would have made the story longer instead of focusing on graphics.The end offered an incrediable twist to the story,but it was stupid that, that was the end of it

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Getting stuck in the crystal should have been 3/4 of the way through the game. The last 1/4 should have been working to escape the Hall of Echoes.

Last edited by MonkeyLungs; 15/01/10 06:13 AM.
Vinity Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I got my character to lv 34 while fighting the divine and zandalore at the end and was very VERY unhappy and disapointed when it all ended, i would have liked to see it reach higher lvls,but starting it over again making different choice's is fine,but what then,complete the game twice imo,but that doesnt change the ending one bit,so your wasting your time doing a 2nd character and the lvl of your character will not change, you will reach and go no further than 32-35.

Last edited by Vinity; 15/01/10 06:26 AM.
Vinity Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Larian focused to much on making the game look and sound to good,but didnt work hard enough on the length of the story.I hate games where it ends at a piss poor lvl like 34. the worst part is,i cant start over with the same character at a higher difficulty lvl and make different choices.

Last edited by Vinity; 15/01/10 06:18 AM.
Vinity Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I absolutly agree with you MonkeyLungs that is a really good twist but it sucked because that was the end,if one could escape then the game could've gone on to your character killing Ygerna + Damian.

Vinity Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I just hope Larian studious take notice of the many people who feel the length of the story and the ending could've been alot better, dont make the same mistake on their next game. If thats how they are going to make all their games,excellent game play,the story it self and what it was based on was excellent,but the length of it was poorly designed. then i wont ever buy anymore of their games.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
I'm going to put my bets on that you don't continue on with your character in Div 3 and have to be a completely new character. The reason would be so they don't have to work with loading Div 2 saves onto Div 3. This was probably partly why they had this type of ending. It would be a pathetic excuse if that was the case, but who knows.

R
stranger
stranger
R
simply put, this is the worst ending i have ever seen in a video game,like i said in another post, i was couting to play again with a more magical char just to explore the game more, but this stupid STUPID ending made me lose the will to play again, i don-t now if there is going to be a nbr 3 but if it does i-m going to wait and see the comments gamers do first to see if the ending isn-t like this stupidity, because if it is it-s not even worth to play. lost a big fan i would give this game 9 in 10 now every forum i go i give it 1 ` 10 and dont recommend anyone to buy it, it-s just too stupid of an ending, that-s my opinion.

Last edited by razgul; 19/02/10 04:41 AM.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard