Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
journeyman
journeyman
Also Im Quite sure your alive because the divine was talking to you which implies that Ygerna couldnt kill you as she had no real power after her death other then you know mind control and teleporting people to another dimesion.

Where i come from ascesion to a higher rank is a simple assasination those who are Ranked Highest watch their Front their deaths come from thier back and they die naturally because a dagger in the back naturallyu ends their life.

I am not a safe place
R
stranger
stranger
R
Who do you think has a theory on how you escape. I just gave examples of people who could save you but how. Also can't you just turn into dragon, cause you can break the crystal holding you right?

R
stranger
stranger
R
Plus Talana could have just showed from her mind what to expect such as the flying fortresses this explains the dragon corpse near you because she transfered her memories and power to you. Ygerna could have also manipulated her before she died cause she needs a stronger champion you. But that doesn't explain why she has not been devoured by the memory eaters.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by CierraShore

There is no "proof" you ever really meet Talana-- she appears to you in a human form, however the carcass there afterward is dragon form???

This is the thing that had me standing there for around 5 mins pondering on. I was confused in what happened. There was a dead dragon in front of me which I believe as Talana, and also a voice in my head.

After thinking on it, I had put it down as she had died and possessed my weaken mind with her dragon essesance as well transfering her concious (explains teh voices in the head). Assumed it was only possible because your mind was exposed from an uncomplete slayer ritual. Because becoming a dragon knight should not be easy for just anyone. The fact you couldn't shapeshift into a dragon I thought was probably beacuse Talanas essesance was only parcial in power. So to become a complete dragon, you needed to take the dragon rituals all the dragon knights took. That was my impression of it..... until however, it wasn't Talana all along. Which makes huge sence seeing Talana died as a dragon corpse. +1 kill for Commander Rhode.

But wait.. I still confuzzled. If Talana died, how did I get partial Draconic abilities.... I am planning to play through a second time (Maybe mage this time). But I guess I have alot of thinking on this aswel.

Last edited by Marls; 26/05/10 02:29 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Well I have not played the first game of the series. I do not know much of the back story... BUT was Damian not imprisoned in another dimension and was it not there he became ever powerful?
If the answer to this question is yes then I'm pretty sure being locked up in a crystal will be a good thing for us (the heroes) BECAUSE we will have time to become the most powerful being rivalled only by the true dragons... Damian may for now be invincible and destroying the world but that to me leaves the biggest opening for a sequel. Dragon Knight becomes TOO powerful for even Ygerna to keep locked up in a crystal. Then you make it back and take back the world from the egotistical Damian who for the last how ever long has gone UNCHALLANGED and cannot handle the force us (the heroes) bring back to the table?
I may be missing this point completely but seems to me BEING LOCKED UP AND NOT dead is hope enough!!!!

Support
Support

Damian was imprisoned in another dimension. His dormant powers were beginning to emerge anyway, but he did learn how to travel between dimensions there, made alliances with powerful demons and built a significant power base (in addition to the Black Ring in Rivellon that already viewed him as their messiah).

can someone sum up the story

BEING LOCKED UP AND NOT dead is hope enough

I agree completely. Any cliffhanger ending, especially with a common evil overlord mistake, is going to continue with the protagonist getting out of whatever the impossible situation was, to eventually prevail.

Welcome to the forum. wave

journeyman
journeyman
Thanks Raze, HOW do you know where ever thread is? There looks be be several hundred different theads how do you find and remember which seach keywords to use!
You must have been good at MEMORY when you were a child.

Support
Support

Often the search terms to find something are obvious, and even a partial memory of a past problem or conversation may be enough to find it. If something comes up enough I have a text file on my desktop with links to various topics or information I can just cut and paste.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard