Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#403277 21/01/10 03:41 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Could someone tell me if that piece of Dragon armor is in Kali or Keara's fortress? Those are the only 2 i havent done yet......that piece will dictate which i do first lol.... any info on this will be greatly appreciated ! Crystal Dragon Curiass

Last edited by Dragonbane; 21/01/10 03:42 PM.

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
apprentice
apprentice
I think, but I'm not 100% sure that it is in Keara's. But I haven't done any of them with my second character yet.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Never did find it and ive done all the fortresses now frown

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
It's not in any fortresses, I know because I have it and I haven't done any of those yet. I think it's in one of the cave areas of the Fjords. Just try looking through each one, maybe you missed a chest.

old hand
old hand
Its not something that important, since there not set bonus for dragon armor. It might be in bellagar cave, which I really no idea, as there just too much dragon armor pieces scatters around.

stranger
stranger
i found the Crystal dragon helm in one of the goblin caves in orobas fjords
randomly showed up in a chest

it adds +1 to firesphere skill
rather usefull compared to the +1 spirit thing

no idea about other pieces

Gigabyte GA-EX58-EXTREME
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 940 @ 2.93GHz (8 CPUs) ~3.1GHz
8192MB RAM (4x OCZ DDR3 Platinum PC3-14400)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 - XFX Black Edition
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
old hand
old hand
You will basically get enough dragon skill points from book to max 90%+ of your dragon skills. So choosing which armor parts doesnt actually affect much.

Dragon Armor isn't random. They always are in the same chest's with the same ability. They should've done more with the armor. Like you get a 10% stat bonus for having all the pieces of a set equipped. Though its been said already that the pieces don't help much as you can max most of the skills with books.

Just so you know if you read the red hammer tribe leader's mind, S something, you can open the chest behind him and get a unique dragon cuirass that boosts MP.

apprentice
apprentice
Svadilfari's Dragon armor is classified as Chain mail, not crystal.

old hand
old hand
I basically ignore the mind read for dragon armor parts, as its not actually worth it. During my first run through, I had 29 dragon skill points at the end of the game. Might miss 1 or 2 which I not aware of, but that basically can give you all a rough amount of the total skill points you can get for your dragon.

stranger
stranger
founds the crystal dragon Leg piece

Raze fortress after u teleport inside its in the chest in the second bedroom
adds +40% to defense

Gigabyte GA-EX58-EXTREME
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 940 @ 2.93GHz (8 CPUs) ~3.1GHz
8192MB RAM (4x OCZ DDR3 Platinum PC3-14400)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 - XFX Black Edition
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
stranger
stranger
I went through Bellegar's cave the other day, twice. Found the Crystal Dragon Cuirass (+ 40% to hitpoints) in the chest behind the weapons rack. """ You must make all evil choices.""".. """ All good choices """ will give you the Plate Dragon Cuirass (+ 40% to mana).

Last edited by Dawggs; 28/01/10 11:16 PM. Reason: Replayed to confirm
Just for completion purposes, does anyone remember where the Chainmail tail piece is. I'm also missing the Plate Cuirass but since I took the evil path guess I can't get it.

Last edited by 30johner; 03/02/10 11:31 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Are you sure about the evil / good choices? I did all good choices and ended up with a GOOD BOW [ that's the real name of it ]

Or am I having a brain fart and thinking of something totaly different?

BTW - I'd take the bow over the dragon armor ANY day.

When you get to the final room of the cave, depending on the choices you made their will be a weapon rack with 3 weapons. Behind the rack their is a chest with a piece of dragon armor. From what's been said if you take the evil path you get the crystal cuirass(+HP) and the good path gets you the plate cuirass(+MP). On my current play-through I might take the good path just to see what the plate armor looks like, but I'd reload and take the crystal armor since it boosts HP which is much more useful than extra MP.

TJW Offline
stranger
stranger
I landed up with a GOOD SWORD. Two-handed, three enchant slots. Used it almost to the end.

W
stranger
stranger
W
i did not find them in either fortress or any of them in fact

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard