Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Support
Support

The default search range is only a week, so increasing that can return more hits. Typos, forum glitches, etc, can also result in less than helpful results.

V
Vaelth Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
V
Doesn't matter I figured it out...:P Some reason I can't find a post i've seen about the dragon scales. I need to find some for the quest but I'll keep looking.

Support
Support

The dragon scales are on the ground, on the path to the blood alter in Amdusias' chamber. He may or may not attack you from the air when you enter the chamber to retrieve them.

Raze #412616 13/05/10 06:58 PM
V
Vaelth Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
V
Oh yeah, he attacked me alright...lol He attacks me when I start to enter the room. I made it to the other end where the scales are and died the first time, but I'm lvl 14 now so it might be better.

It's the only thing I have yet to do while in the Maxos Temple. And a few quests but should get those done if I can get the scales without dieing...lol

EDIT: Ok so the dragon seems to be "glitched" in the air..which is fine..lol I got the scale with np.

Last edited by Vaelth; 13/05/10 07:32 PM.
Support
Support

The Hide in Shadows skill could have helped getting the scales, if you had a skill point to spare.
In my game a couple ghosts wandered into that room after the doors opened; don't know if that was the reason, but Amdusias didn't attack me when I returned (he did when I first entered). Did you get any ghosts in there? If not maybe Amdusius just wanders out of range, and doesn't see you? At least one time I noticed he was circling around to the far left as you enter.

Raze #412632 13/05/10 09:27 PM
V
Vaelth Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
V
3 Ghosts in there but I can see him up there, completely froze. Doesn't matter I made it through there, I'm at Sential Hill now...:)

Last edited by Vaelth; 13/05/10 09:30 PM.
V
Vaelth Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
V
Ight so I took a break for a few days after getting to Sentinal Hill. Now I'm stuck in the room getting Sassans Ring...if that makes any sense. The zombie of Sassan turns up and then 3 mobs rise...the lvl 17 on is easy to dispatch, the first lvl 18 is ok but the last one always kills me, and I very nearly get him killed...:(

I've tried a lot of diff tactics some seem to work but he still kills me and all he needs is like a hit or more and he's dead. Anyway, for the fight I'm using a 1h weapon that does like melee 25-78 dps or something, so it's easier to kill them since it's a small space and I have to fight up close and personal. I'm lvl 17 but it's becoming a pain in my butt to keep dieing on that last guy...lol

My gear and such is good, I've made sure of that. Just I can't seem to kill that last guy. Guess it only takes time and alot of tries...lol

Support
Support

Have you tried drinking a few temporary boost potions (whatever you have) before grabbing the ring and trying to leave?

Have you finished everything else on sentinel island? You could teleport back to Broken Valley to finish off anything left there, and head to fjords to level.

A similar situation: Orobas Fjords tribal chief problem.

Are you using the sword and shield expertise skill? That has a better damage bonus than the straight one handed sword expertise, and the animations are almost as fast.

If you are using your creature to help, or as a distraction, I found a ranger head much better than a warrior head when clearing the start of the fjords, and switched to a mage head as soon as I got one.

Raze #412804 16/05/10 09:42 PM
V
Vaelth Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
V
Wow, once again...I show my stupidity. Forgot all about my zombie guy...lmao That will fix the problem for sure. I got so use to not using it that the idea escapes me sometimes.

Thanx again Raze...:)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard