Print Thread
M
Marls Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Ok, I havent played in a while.

Came back to try the new update to see if bugs were patched up and stuff.
Started a new game and just got my dragon form

The first lowely wyrvens (or mosiquito things) fire red heating seeking missles thats alsmost impossible to dodge. And its rappid fire.....

Um so I want to ask. Is this a bug ? or are they suppose to be firing rappid heat seeking missles on your a$$ that you cant dodge in the new patch. Just to think if I get swamped ima be shot down in a matter of seconds no matter how I mobalize O_O

If I chase after one with my flame thrower, if more than one are present, they just ware me down in undodgeable heating seeming missles. It just doesnt feel right.

Last edited by Marls; 21/05/10 03:04 PM.
Support
Support

Use Fire Sphere for flying targets, and keep moving. Fire Breath is more for stationary targets (nests, etc), though I did hit Target Lock (left trigger in Xbox version) for a few dog fights against lone flying opponents (and the odd time for weak opponents in groups), and used Fire Breath to finish them off or while waiting for the Fire Sphere cooldown time.

M
Marls Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
I appricated the advice, and its good advice for sure.

What I really asking is... there primary attack is repeated rappid equival of heating seeking missles. If they shoot it and I turn/roll left to avoid. They follow me and hit me in the a$$.

I want to know if the rappid heating seeking misssles is normal from such little weeklings you first encounter in the game as a dragon. When I first played when the game was released. I dont remember them them homing in on me, it was just normal rappid spitfire.

I want to find out if this is a glitch or is this how its suppose to be in the new patch ?

Last edited by Marls; 21/05/10 04:35 PM.
Support
Support

In general magic/arrows home in on you, though they can still be dodged or blocked, depending on the range, etc. IIRC the homing effect was effect was reduced in the latest patch/release, at least on the easy difficulty level (I played the US Xbox release).

The rapid fire missiles are the normal attack for some flying opponents. I don't recall how much the home in on you, though. I took a fair bit of damage from one at the start of the fjords, while I was pretty much stationary taking out a couple of the anti-dragon defenses with Fire Sphere. While I was moving I don't recall them being a huge threat, though (especially since I leveled in the fjords before taking the battle tower).

M
Marls Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Well I kinda think that sucks. I would like real dragon fights, not rapid fire missles than never miss. Manoevering in combat is going to be worthless. Wonder if I should keep playing.

Last edited by Marls; 22/05/10 09:01 AM.
Support
Support

Unless I'm thinking of a different opponent/attack than you are, I rarely saw that type of attack...

stranger
stranger
Hmm. Speaking of which, Fire Breath doesn't work (PC version). Well, I actually don't know that it won't work. What I do know is that I can't put it on an action bar so that it can be activated smile

It doesn't really matter. I kind of like dog-fighting as a dragon. Fire Sphere has been working just fine for me.

Edit: Scratch that. Left mouse-button. It never occurred to me to try - I found out by accident - it was a mis-click smile Oh, well. You learn something new every day smile

Last edited by Yrth; 23/05/10 02:19 PM.

Sic gorgiamos allos subjectatos nunc

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard