Print Thread
#414229 15/06/10 04:44 AM
T
thirion Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
i had this idea of mine, how to bring the lore back from the origins of divinity 1.

so my idea is this.. how about playing through a story line, that involve 2 hero's? one is semi-evil, and the other one is semi-good?

it goes like this: the divine one (shining aura, yellow beam) carry chaos (baby) out from the snake head statue.
nowdays, all grown up, chaos remember, how he was rescued ("spared") from the wastelands by the divine one, and he has an urge (quest) to return the favor, out of the need to find answer to his confusion (as a souless body of a god, no memorys of hell and befor).
the gameplay could start with chaos, fighting the demons that his existence attract, trying to find his way from the suppressing dungeon, that zandalor caged him in. (yea.. where did zandalor kept him in?)

and ofcorse, in some stage in the game, chaos will be able to free the divine one. (after all, he has the potential powers of a god.)
at that point, we could shape the "yellow beam" into a body shape (female/male... costumize)

and all of that will allow us to follow the story line of both evil and good. while chaos, the evil natured, will follow his path to destroy the god's (in the astral realm, 1 by 1), damian's minions (or damian himself, i dont know), and the world.. the divine one, the good natured, will follow chaos aftermath, in order to stop him.

also, it doesn't have to go that way.. after all, the interactions and decisions are all in the players hands. chaos can go evil, or be natural (kill npcs, or help them).
which leaves the divinity a different role (if chaos helped an npc, the npc can go against the divine one, or, if chaos killed an npc, the divine can help the remaining npc's, or maybe revive the dead one) so it's really keep the story alive and changable.

and while div 1 and 2 involve an open skill bar (warrior, mage, survivle), this time it can be changed, for example: chaos = demon path, blood path, shadow path .. divinty = divine path, holy path, valor path.

now, all this means is that.. the story will have to follow both charecters in a different time. and it also means that the story will be fixed in a specific location. so the map wont be open for traveling around the world freely frown

that's about it :P
it could be a waste of time to write all this down here, since the chances of this to even be a guideline are preety slim. but hey, i said what i had to say xD
i would like to hear some opinions too :o

and yea.. i like storys that involve a war betwin heaven and hell :P much more interesting then storys about dragons.

T
thirion Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
after reading the last info about div1 exp and div2. i see that using the baby chaos is impossible.
since he was renamed into demian.
which is a pitty :P but oh well.
i'l have to see how div2 exp end's up, to consider how div3 should even start >_>; but i still stand firm on the idea of playing 2 charecters in 1 game. it's original and could gain good reviews.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard