Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
One day before its release, Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga, the great RPG of Larian Studios for PC and Xbox 360, illustrates itself today through a new series of exclusive images!

Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga includes Ego Draconis, the original adventure completely remastered and the brand new adventure Flames of Vengeance, offering a lot of new quests, items, monsters, and providing a spectacular final to the great Divinity II saga!

The extension Flames of Vengeance will be available exclusively for download on the official online store for all owners of Divinity II - Ego Draconis on PC, who will then continue their adventure in this great RPG.

Finally, note that all players who bought Divinity II - Ego Draconis on Steam will receive a discount of 33% on Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga on the Valve store. Enjoy the fully remastered version of Ego Draconis and the new adventure Flames of Vengeance and 3 Steam exclusive armour sets.

Discover without further delay the 5 exclusive images before the official release early November on Xbox 360 in Europe, and tomorrow on PC worldwide.

View the images

old hand
old hand
The screens look colourful and wonderful. I look forward to the DKS!

stranger
stranger
Want! me want! horsey

veteran
veteran
Thank you up

Soon, very soon smile

old hand
old hand
Shame theres still no X360 Shots.
Hopefully somebody uploads gameplay of it!

veteran
veteran
Hello DivineGamer,

Sorry about not putting up Xbox360 screens, but it's not about not wanting to do it.
We are a small dev team (doing big things well) and it's mainly a lack of time.
On the other hand the screens from both the PC and the Xbox360 version are both very beautiful.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Looks great, cant wait to get this on this weekend Had to stop playing Divinity II today as i guess the save is useless due to all the awesome changes. You guys and gals should be proud, your definately one developer team that truly plays these games and cares about the followers of the game. Big thumbs up wish thier was more like ya.

My copy has been sent!! cheer

So it'll be here tomorrow.. only one day left

thankyou Larian for this game and for answering just about every question I had.

veteran
veteran
Oh nice! Thanks for the very sweet words, both of you welcome

addict
addict
Originally Posted by FocusTeam
One day before its release, Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga, the great RPG of Larian Studios for PC and Xbox 360, illustrates itself today through a new series of exclusive images!

Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga includes Ego Draconis, the original adventure completely remastered and the brand new adventure Flames of Vengeance, offering a lot of new quests, items, monsters, and providing a spectacular final to the great Divinity II saga!

The extension Flames of Vengeance will be available exclusively for download on the official online store for all owners of Divinity II - Ego Draconis on PC, who will then continue their adventure in this great RPG.

What's the DRM and its terms and limits (if there are any) for these versions of these products?

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
I was looking into the Larian store to see what was going on there, but it's in a complete other language is it possible to find it in English?

Edit: Nevermind, must of updated it while I was asleep!! Two more questions, are you going to have Exlusives through the store as Steam Version, and do you accept US Dollars?

Last edited by Jasmine Moldovia; 04/11/10 08:46 PM.
old hand
old hand
Just click the English flag or follow this link:

http://www.larianvault.com/?lang=en

Tweeting @forktong
J
apprentice
apprentice
J
Mmm, thanks, I don't think that was there last night ^^;;;

Two more questions, are you going to have Exlusives through the store as Steam Version, and do you accept US Dollars?

Support
Support

I don't know about equipment bonuses (they don't mention any on the product description page), but the payment processing company should automatically convert currencies as required.

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
mm, alright, I'll just wait another day.

Originally Posted by MysterD

What's the DRM and its terms and limits (if there are any) for these versions of these products?

I asked the question there, but no clear answer, only a debate on on-line activation:
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=422811#Post422811

Imarion

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Imarion

Originally Posted by MysterD

I asked the question there, but no clear answer, only a debate on on-line activation:
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=422811#Post422811

Imarion

We know Steam version contains Steamworks DRM + additional Securom Internet DRM w/ 5 installs.
We know LarianVault games will contain some sort of DRM with 3 install limit w/ deactivations.

We do NOT know what the Retail version contains.

old hand
old hand
The DRM is activation full info here.
http://www.larianvault.com/faq.php

-can activate by phone
-3 activations (uninstalling "properly" well free up an activation, need to be online for this)
-additional downloads allowed (within reason)
-can request for additional activations in the future from support.
-backups are allowed!

requests have to be within reason. Seems to be as unintrusive as possible for DRM. How it should be.

My question, when are they going to put the updated versions of BD and DD there?

And estimate of 2hr10min to download. That is pretty fast for a 6gb download. Gonna look forward to playing this remastered version after work.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 04/11/10 11:41 PM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
addict
addict
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
The DRM is activation full info here.
http://www.larianvault.com/faq.php

-can activate by phone
-3 activations (uninstalling "properly" well free up an activation, need to be online for this)
-additional downloads allowed (within reason)
-can request for additional activations in the future from support.
-backups are allowed!

requests have to be within reason. Seems to be as unintrusive as possible for DRM. How it should be.

Some people's definition of "unintrusive" might be different. It really depends on who you are talking to and whose DRM scheme Larian is actually using here.

Honestly, I should be able to back my game installer files up on disc(s), if they're forcing me to do some sort of require online activation before I can even boot the game up.

The stuff Larian is doing w/ DKS's DRM for downloaded versions of a game is pretty much commonplace nowadays - online activation; limited installs; revokes allowed; and back-ups can be made yourself.

Though, I'm NOT fond of Steam versions of games getting EXTRA DRM - I'm sorry, but Steamworks DRM itself IS ENOUGH, as it basically limits the game to ONLY ONE account can run the game anyways. Plus, you have to boot Steam program to run any Steam game, too.

The only ones who really suffer from DRM is one who actually buys and pays the game from legit places, anyways. Pirates can't suffer - b/c they unfortunately and likely got their hands on an illegal cracked version that doesn't come even equipped w/ the DRM.

Last edited by MysterD; 05/11/10 03:05 AM.
X
stranger
stranger
X
I am confused....

I live in the U.S. If I go out and buy a physical U.S. PC copy of Ego Draconis will I be able to download the add-on and get the updated graphics for free from the larian store?

Also, what about U.S. Xbox 360 updates?

Last edited by Xiara; 05/11/10 03:33 AM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard