Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
stranger
stranger
M
Since this is the pc thread ill go ahead and post this in here, 6100x1080 works perfectly just like the original one did. So if anybody is doing eyefinity, or nvidia 2d surround this game is definately great with that set up. Also the sound is greatly improved weather running headphones or 5.1 the sound field is spot on and all the additional sounds added to interface are a nice touch.

Originally Posted by MTB78
Since this is the pc thread ill go ahead and post this in here, 6100x1080 works perfectly just like the original one did. So if anybody is doing eyefinity, or nvidia 2d surround this game is definately great with that set up. Also the sound is greatly improved weather running headphones or 5.1 the sound field is spot on and all the additional sounds added to interface are a nice touch.

Do you not find the footsteps a little overpowering? I find if you are anywhere that has a few soldiers pacing about you can't hear the conversation with a npc over the clunking of many feet.

D2ED + More D2ED + A happy ending = A winner
For me on-line activation breaks even the very best game of all time.

Imarion

Support
Support

Do you not find the footsteps a little overpowering?

Can't you set the volume levels independently for voices, music, sound effects, etc?

M
stranger
stranger
M
Yes you can adjust the sound levels for those different sounds that might help, But since you mentioned it Paris, ya definately some loud footsteps, but half the time im focused on the music anyway.

I have turned the sound effects down and the music up a tad, it's not so bad at all now.

I love the humour in DKS, so many times it has had me laughing out loud, especially the conversations with the stupid guards. smile

D
stranger
stranger
D
My first impressions are that I want my money back. Unless Larian can find a way to allow me to at least TRY running the game without a 30 framerate cap then I have just thrown another £20 down the drain on a game I can't play.

Originally Posted by DiceDuP
My first impressions are that I want my money back. Unless Larian can find a way to allow me to at least TRY running the game without a 30 framerate cap then I have just thrown another £20 down the drain on a game I can't play.

We have a epic adventure with fantastic quests, dialogue, creatures and puzzles. The graphics are beautiful and the music hunting. It's not every day a game comes along with so much magic to offer. I'm sure we can forgive them for the lack of a few frames per second, after all this is a rpg and not a on-line shoot them in the foot. rpg008

D
stranger
stranger
D
Sorry, but I cant. Without motion blur or a higher frame rate the game hurts my eyes after the first minute or two. I guess I've posted enough about this around various places to the point I might end up banned :S

I will just leave the game alone and pray someone releases some kind of mod to get rid of the 30fps cap. Until then, good luck and I hope you all enjoy the game if you were unable to play it before.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
I didn't play Eco Draconis, as I knew they were releasing expansion packs so i held back for a long time and finally decided i would purchased DKS to experience the whole thing all at once. So for me I don't know what the original game was like before this update. So for me it's all new and never seen before. 4 hrs into the game, I have had ZERO issues, i am enjoying the variety in the quests and the game runs super smooth on my PC (though the graphics aren't anything amazing, but they're good enough). No issues here. Also the game has an antialiasing option. (For the poster on page 1).

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
So your not going to play it just because there is an online activation? That is ridiculous, but your loss.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Remember, turn distance rendering to low to improve performance (it helped me the most with no visual difference)

old hand
old hand
I have the impression leveling up goes faster. When I reached Talana, I was 2 levels higher than in Ego Draconis... this makes the rest of the Broken Valley area easier when you first enter it.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Originally Posted by salad10203
Ok, after a few more hours of enjoyment, I have found a personal fix for me. When putting settigns on Extreme and then dragging the distance rendering to low and turned on timeslice update. That more or less eliminates my stuttering, great game so far. Definitely recommended.

So you have stuttering problems with DKS too? What's your PC specs?

Life is an eternal search...
G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Originally Posted by LUKI
Ok, after a few more hours of enjoyment, I have found a personal fix for me. When putting settigns on Extreme and then dragging the distance rendering to low and turned on timeslice update. That more or less eliminates my stuttering, great game so far. Definitely recommended.

i got stuttering too,if i turn grapics on high its less then when i turn all on low but i get stuttering no matter what.

amd 2,5ghz dual core
1 TB HDD
Ati HD3650 256MB (according to minium requirements i should be able to run it almost flawless.)
2 gb's Ram (cant run high textures sadly.)

so yea Larian,you better start working on a patch because this stuttering really demolishes the game.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by GiantAXe
Originally Posted by LUKI

i got stuttering too,if i turn grapics on high its less then when i turn all on low but i get stuttering no matter what.

amd 2,5ghz dual core
1 TB HDD
Ati HD3650 256MB (according to minium requirements i should be able to run it almost flawless.)
2 gb's Ram (cant run high textures sadly.)

so yea Larian,you better start working on a patch because this stuttering really demolishes the game.

Im sorry to say but this spec is really to a bare min I wouldnt expect a flawless experience on a game that was just released with that ...

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Well I have
amd 6000+ 3.01ghz
2gb RAM
GF GTX460 1GB OC
WIN XP SP2
160GB HDD SATA

Will that run smoothly? It should because it met even recommended settings.

Life is an eternal search...
G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Originally Posted by Snutze

Im sorry to say but this spec is really to a bare min I wouldnt expect a flawless experience on a game that was just released with that ...

yes i know that,but following the minimum requirments i should be able to play flawless on low.
but my performance is the same on high as on low. (its just the annoying stuttering most of people have.) yes my rig isnt the best but it makes me able to play l4d2 on max,and lots of good other games on high settings. so its fine for me.

Last edited by GiantAXe; 06/11/10 05:13 PM.
E
journeyman
journeyman
E
So far I'm only around level 4-5 in Broken Valley, but I've found leveling does seem to go faster. For example, after doing the quest for Locke, I gained two whole levels. Much higher than before.

The blacksmiths so far also have a LOT more magical/rare/heroic items on them; I was able to find a sword from the beginner blacksmith that pretty much one shots most things, but it's moving into 2-3 shot territory for enemies higher than 4. It's pretty nice because it looks like Larian has seen the threads about how broken valley is much tougher than it should be, so they gave us a bunch of powerful items to compensate.

Also, a LOT more set items. I can't go into a merchant's inventory without seeing a piece of a set there, and most of them are pretty powerful.

As for the graphics, I've never been one to need the very best graphics ever in order to enjoy a game, so I only see a very minor difference. The character and armor models, however, have been improved considerably. Light reflects off your armor and shines, just like metal armor should. No longer is everything dull looking.

Aside from that however I haven't found any gameplay changes. But that's probably just because I'm still in Broken Valley.

old hand
old hand
Levling definitely goes faster. In the original ED, I was always level 7 upon meeting Talana. Now I was level 9 when I met her, and I didn't do anything differently.

This makes beating the skeletons around Lovis' Tower very easy. There was no way I could beat them easily in the original ED. But of course, many of the skeletons enemies are ranged, and in DKS it is possible to dodge arrows, which is a big improvement.

Last edited by virumor; 06/11/10 06:57 PM.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard