Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Acheron
Originally Posted by Shinuz
Originally Posted by virumor
I found a sword pretty early belonging to a new set, called the "Blood Echelon sword". Although it requires level 14, it's a +65 magic damage sword.

Yeah i just found that sword along with the leggings and the shield

Where do you get the Blood Echelon Leggings and Shield? They are the only 2 pieces im missing from the set! sick of mixing my armour set with the Steam bonus stuff, mix of gold, green and pink/red it looks terrible..

Go on my thread in the Flames of vengance section of the forum all the Blood Echelon set is posted other than the Cuirass.

stranger
stranger
I found the pacing and difficulty pretty good up to about level 25, however at the higher levels it was a bit too easy. I was pretty OP by the end of ED - Ygerna wasn't much of a challenge - and by the time I got halfway through FoV I was literally unkillable so long as I was doing damage - due to dual-wielding two unique weapons, 72/77% criticals, max regeneration and life leech. I stopped using potions and healing spells altogether because there was no need.

Don't get me wrong, I loved being able to tweak my character to that extent, but having half of the most powerful items ingame available from vendors made it too easy, IMO.

Last edited by Aewyn; 21/11/10 12:50 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Aewyn
I found the pacing and difficulty pretty good up to about level 25, however at the higher levels it was a bit too easy. I was pretty OP by the end of ED - Ygerna wasn't much of a challenge - and by the time I got halfway through FoV I was literally unkillable so long as I was doing damage - due to dual-wielding two unique weapons, 72/77% criticals, max regeneration and life leech. I stopped using potions and healing spells altogether because there was no need.

Don't get me wrong, I loved being able to tweak my character to that extent, but having half of the most powerful items ingame available from vendors made it too easy, IMO.

And the problem with this is?
The main purpose of a rpg is to take you from "dogs wipe their asses with me" to "I AM THE MOTHERFUCKING GOD OF ALEROTH!", so I don't see the problem in you becoming OP at the end of the game (also considering you did a pretty good build, something not all the players are able to do).
Nevermind the fact that you have to get revenge on Ygerna at the end of FOV, so being overpowered is good, because you can laugh sadistically while raping her. cool

Last edited by kache; 21/11/10 01:43 AM.

Ipsa scientia potestas est.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by kache
Originally Posted by Aewyn

And the problem with this is?
The main purpose of a rpg is to take you from "dogs wipe their asses with me" to "I AM THE MOTHERFUCKING GOD OF ALEROTH!", so I don't see the problem in you becoming OP at the end of the game (also considering you did a pretty good build, something not all the players are able to do).
Nevermind the fact that you have to get revenge on Ygerna at the end of FOV, so being overpowered is good, because you can laugh sadistically while raping her. cool

Being able to rape everything is fun for a while, but after doing it for hours on end it gets boring. If the player ends up being so powerful that he can rape everything without consequence halfway through the game, the player should be meeting more powerful enemies to match his power. Ie. if the player becomes a demi-god, he should be facing demi-gods. Being all-powerful is incredibly boring when there isn't any competition.

Last edited by james5272; 21/11/10 04:57 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by james5272

Being able to rape everything is fun for a while, but after doing it for hours on end it gets boring. If the player ends up being so powerful that he can rape everything without consequence halfway through the game, the player should be meeting more powerful enemies to match his power. Ie. if the player becomes a demi-god, he should be facing demi-gods. Being all-powerful is incredibly boring when there isn't any competition.

Or there should be more of the weak enemies and they should have abilities that allow them to be more effective in large numbers and/or support a stronger 'leader' enemy. Then you get the best of both: killing enemies by the dozen and you still have a challenge.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
The problem isn't that all that the "most powerful weapons come from NPCs", in fact my weapons were found in the middle of the Flying Fortresses in the plethora of Gold Chests. The problem is that if you do EVERYTHING, which most people do, you'll hit the point where you're massively overpowered in comparison to the enemies. The enemies go to I think 27 or 28 max in ED, not counting the HoE.

I was Level 35 when I beat ED, and no level was gained in the final dungeon (In fact, I lost more experience than I gained that that point). I had equipment that gave +15 - +20 or more Strength, my damage range was over 1000-1500. The problem is that when you first go through, you want to be overpowered, and you can clearly become it. To compensate for your level, the monsters at the later areas are just hordes, instead of actually being strong. When you have 90 Archers and 35 Mages shooting at you all at once, you're bound to die eventually. And that's how the game went with enemies. Yeah, I could kill enemies in one single mouse click in the last two Flying Fortresses I did, but meanwhile when one Mouse Click removes less than 1% of the enemies in the area, that really doesn't help that much. Quantity over Quality, and there were a lot of enemies, but none of them were strong.

If you truly want a challenge in this game, the requirement is self limitation. You must not use that +100 Melee Damage | +100 Magic Damage| 20-200 Melee | +25 Strength Sword if you want the game to be hard. It's this way for just about every single game, the only difference here is that that requirement is amplified by the fact that the enemies don't keep up with your level if you do everything.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by james5272

It depends on the player. In vanilla I maxed out my character and basically one-shot everything until the last map (where I was two-shotting everything), and never got bored.
That's why I was a little surprised (and angry) when I found out that in FoV the difficulty skyrocketed, and I had to use strategy to kill enemies fast. grin

Originally Posted by Gwenio
Or there should be more of the weak enemies and they should have abilities that allow them to be more effective in large numbers and/or support a stronger 'leader' enemy. Then you get the best of both: killing enemies by the dozen and you still have a challenge.

And that's what was done in FoV. In most of the dungeons there were lots of normal level enemies (for example in the last dungeon you were getting attacked by about 10 level 40 enemies at once, and it was hard), so I guess the devs already knew this problem and understood how to solve it. grin

Last edited by kache; 21/11/10 02:20 PM.

Ipsa scientia potestas est.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard