Next Thread
Print Thread
#423912 07/11/10 01:49 AM
J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
I tried reinstalling, changing all the settings one by one.. reinstalling drivers.. its always transparent..

here a screenshot

[Linked Image]

Last edited by lynn; 08/11/10 01:42 PM.
Support
Support

In D2:ED, one person with 64 bit Windows 7 had this problem, but fixed it by installing DirectX 9. A couple people just had some textures that were transparent, fixed by updating their graphics drivers. One person ran into this with the D2:ED demo, but lowering the game resolution eliminated the transparency.

Try running the game as administrator, and in the compatibility options disable desktop composition (in Vista/7).

[PC] Support FAQ - The Dragon Knight Saga

First Aid Kit for Divinity II

First Aid : when Div2 does not start or crashes

stranger
stranger
I had the same problem.I have disabled desktop composition and now everything is fine.Thanks for the info Raze thankyou

G
stranger
stranger
G
2 problems in one. your HDR does not work with my graphics card (nvidia 465 with latest drivers). i have tried installing DX9c, but it tells me i have a newer version.

turning off HDR, my native resolution is 1440x900. at this resolution i get the transparent textures bug.

my game is a steam copy. i HAVE NO WAY to enable compatibility mode for a steam game. i tried to enable it for steam as a whole, and steam will not run at all.

short of dropping the resolution, what are my options?

update. the issue is a resolution one. if i uncheck the resolution option, i can have all settings, even hdr, working fine. i just dont get my full widescreen resolution. i tried using the game exe and setting that to compatibility mode. no help.

so pls fix the issue that is affecting large resolutions, while i play the game in a non widescreen resolution.

Last edited by ghaelon; 07/11/10 03:17 PM.
Support
Support

Did you try downloading the latest DirectX 9 from MS' site, and installing that? DirectX 10/11 are not backwards compatible, but should coexist fine with DirectX 9.

B
Bvs Offline
stranger
stranger
B
Hi John21212,

Could you place your dxdiag file here please?

If you don't know how to create such a file, follow the following steps:

- While on your windows desktop, press WindowsKey + R on your keyboard
- A small window will pop up, write "dxdiag" in the textfield and press enter
- The DirectX diagnostic Tool will start up. Press the "Save All information..." button to save your system information to a text file.

Using this information, I hope I can better assist you in getting your game working as soon as possible.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Had the same transparency problem with the steam version of the game, I had to lower the game resolution setting to "fix it".

How can I submit my dxdiag info, or how can I help you guys to solve this problem?

Support
Support

For your dxdiag info, you can email support@larian.com, with a description of the problem and/or a link to this topic.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard