Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by stenorman2001
Could someone please post the actual five clues. I'm having trouble with clue 2.

I can't seem to find anywhere to 'go down'??

Trail of blood leads to a button in the prince's room, which reveals a trap door half hidden under the bed (after you use the anti-pixie dust potion)

The clue items in order: (though, not the order I found them in)

Halliwell's Pendant
Use the anti-demon grip spell located in the prancing seahorse's forbidden archives on the locked door on the top floor of the Circle of Trust Inn

Zombie Jake's Ring
Solve the murder mystery at madame eve's

Gula's Book
Cure Gula of his curse (or don't). The quest begins after you go searching for the missing healers in the Crow's Nest sewer tunnels.

The Engineer's Sword
Beat up the Engineer, who you will find at the end of the Forgotten Crypt, in the crow's nest.

Maxos Bracelet
Solve the 5 glowing runes puzzle

S
stranger
stranger
S
Cheers mate.

I have to say the game is very good, but I think it's a little difficult to follow sometimes. It's good to see a company still producing great single-player games too. Not everyone wants to play MMOs.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by Evixy
I've done everything of the main story up until getting the 5th clue after talking to the dragon statue close to the cat, totem and maxos runes, but now i am completely stuck and have no idea where to go. I am supposed to somehow use the clues i've gathered to open the catacombs to get to Berhlihn. I've found a Blue Orb in the Champion Academy that seems to be some kind of quest item, but its floating 20 feet in the air and i can't reach it. I've also found 3 pressure plates in a room in the Academy, i can step on 2 of them and they will start glowing (sort of) and their is a short cutscene, but if i step on the third they all stop glowing and nothing happens. Behrlihn's comments on the different clues just seems to be relating to people i can't reach because i can't get out of the damn city because a f-ing flying fortress blew the damn bridge!

So, anyone know what i should do after getting all 5 clues?

where is the academy?

stranger
stranger
Through the big gate in Source Square.

C
stranger
stranger
C
on the thirdclue it says to talk to the beggar darvish but i cant find him help?....

C
stranger
stranger
C
im stuck too what do you do in the academy after all the clues?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by cityinbetween
im stuck too what do you do in the academy after all the clues?

Please refer to the 2nd and 3rd post of this thread laugh

W
stranger
stranger
W
CLUE 2 PROBLEM:

I've completed all 5 clues except for #2. I've been all over madam eve's place; found the flesh, showed it and returned & talked to the madam. I've gone through the two open rooms for investigation several times, climbing all over everything and spamming the E button and even going back and forth on the floor, room by room looking for something else to pick up. The only thing I've not done (tried killing the pig as well thinking there may be something below it). When I talk to the madam she says nothing of value; did a mind-read and that was a waste of XP.

How do I complete the second part of madam eve's place so I can actually get into the 3rd room that is guarded by two friendlies and kill Jake?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Killing the pig no, mind reading the pig.. yes...

W
stranger
stranger
W
That was it; reading the mind of the bacon did it, thx smile

B
stranger
stranger
B
I have placed alle the orbs at the right runes, but nothings happens.. plz help!!

enthusiast
enthusiast
If nothing happens then its not the right runes, review the clue about mossrat a little more.

V
stranger
stranger
V
CLUE 2 PROBLEM:

not able to find button to press where it is allocated

B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Nasuradin
If nothing happens then its not the right runes, review the clue about mossrat a little more.

With the clue from gula it says mosrat it the opposite of life

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by bendfeldt
Originally Posted by Nasuradin

With the clue from gula it says mosrat it the opposite of life

Did you put it on the death rune?

Ipsa scientia potestas est.
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
You don't even need all 5 Clues to finish this. I had only 4, with the last one I just put the last rune on all 5 remaining spots until one opened the door.

B
stranger
stranger
B
DOOH!! im an idiot.. opposite of life is death.. i put it on the life rune.. thx guys:)

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Polantaris
You don't even need all 5 Clues to finish this. I had only 4, with the last one I just put the last rune on all 5 remaining spots until one opened the door.

The only clue you need is the forth, because to get to the accademy you have to defeat the engineer. All the others are optional if you already know where to go and what to do. wink

Originally Posted by bendfeldt
DOOH!! im an idiot.. opposite of life is death.. i put it on the life rune.. thx guys:)

Don't worry, I did the same mistake. XD

Ipsa scientia potestas est.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Could anyone tell me how to solve the first clue?.
i am already solve others.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Solve as in how? Did you look at the first post on this page?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard