Next Thread
Print Thread
J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Hey guys,

I played DV2 Ego Draconis a while ago and Im thinking on play FoV very soon. My question is,

Do I need to get the whole DK Saga to play the expansion?
Can I resume my game (with my same player, stats, etc) and start the FoV by using the DK Saga?

Thansk a lot.

old hand
old hand
If you want to continue playing with your character, you should get FOV. If you want to restart, then you're best advised to get DKS.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
You do not need the DK Saga, just get the Flames of Vengeance expansion and continue your original character, or start a new one in FoV. The main difference between DKS and ED + FoV seems to be some balancing changes made to Ego Draconis that make the game easier and more streamlined. If you really want those changes there is likely to be a patch released later that turns ED + FoV into DKS if you want to.

J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Ok. I dont seem to find the expansion only. Can I play the FoV expansion only if I get the DKS DVD ?

Support
Support

DKS includes the add-on, and you can start a new level 35 character to begin at that section of the game.

FoV is available as a digital download only.

old hand
old hand
And you can get it from www.larianvault.com smile

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
But I already bought the Saga.

I can't bear playing through all of it again.
It was fun the first time, even the second time. Not so much the third time but I'm a completionist so I played over 100 hours in that last run-through only getting it all right.

Now I see all of that was for naught.
I tried starting a new game but... I already know everything, done everything. I load it and just sit there in my chair. I literally can't play it all over frown

Please help frown
Please...

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
You can just start Flames of Vengeance with a new character. No need to go through Ego Draconis again if you don't want to.

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
But then I won't have anything of my items left...
My gold will be gone, my skillpoints gained by mindreading. Everything.

I can't bear it, is there nothing you guys are working on to fix it?

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Not quite: When you start a new Flames of Vengeance game, you make a custom level 35 character (with many stat and skill points to distribute) that you can closely model to your previous character. Sure, you don't have your items anymore, but you start with 45.000 gold to spend on the Aleroth market, which should be more than enough to get you going again - especially if you mindread the traders so their prices drop. And in case you're worrying, whatever weapon or armour you had before, you'll find even better stuff in Flames of Vengeance.

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Hmmn, aside from my own personal feeling that it won't be the same hero I guess... that's okay?
I'll still be on the lookout for a fix though. Please don't give up on it smile

J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Yeah, Im agree with Foulfrost. Its not the same, I loved my previous char and I would like to continue running the new expansion with it frown

Its a pitty that you cant continue with your char even if you purchase the DKS.

Does anyone know whats the download method you get if I purchase the FoV through larian vault? FTP/HTTP download link? If I purchase it I would like to get a decent http connection.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
I would like to know this too, is it a torrent? I dont fancy a 13 gig download unless it comes down pretty fast.

Will there be a retail copy ever?

Sorry for the thread hijack. smile

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Just so you guys know. I decided to replay it and must admit it was rather great.
Items drop galore and there's tons of polishing everywhere. The flying fortresses especially have been fully redone and feel/look absolutely marvelous now.
DKS is a great piece, while I still think they should let us continue old chars for the sake of promises, a new playthrough isn't bad at all!

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard