Print Thread
#426045 13/11/10 04:54 PM
A
Arnach Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I'm stuck in the house of secrets. I walk in and there is a chest with a purple an yellow key. There is a disco room ahead and a room to the right with water on the wall. I can't find a way to move past this point. Any help is appreciated.

Arnach #426099 13/11/10 07:43 PM
C
stranger
stranger
C
I'm having trouble there myself

W
stranger
stranger
W
go round either side insead of straight on when you go in the first room

enthusiast
enthusiast
you are supposed to just go straight from whichever room you start in, if you zig zag around you might run out of keys, if you have a high lockpick skill, you can just pick the doors to all the chest rooms after reaching the first chest room (which ever one that might be)

A
Arnach Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Thanks for the assist. Looks like there are limited keys to the doors labeled "troublesome door" so you have to use them wisely.

Arnach #426834 16/11/10 10:57 AM
stranger
stranger
Ya there's really no secret to this. The only rooms with treasure are the back four, and as long as you can get to one (and have a high lockpicking skill) you can get to all of the chests. Looks like 3 random epics and 8-10k or so gold. If you're hard up for gear I guess you could just quicksave/quick load until you got what you wanted.

Dandai #426851 16/11/10 12:09 PM
veteran
veteran
I stuck to the left wall, and after that I was able to reach the end and get all the treasure chests.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I have only two keys: the purple and the yellow key and i can't open any "troublesome door" in the house of secrets! I have opened the room with the water and the colorfull room with the music! Any ideas?

savi #432343 19/12/10 11:21 PM
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
I explored this place in some detail (Warning: Spoilers follow):

If you look at the map, there are four rooms along the west-hand edge. Each contains a treasure chest - three of them contain unique items, the fourth contains cash. There is nothing of value in any other room in the maze!

You can get to any of these four "reward" rooms by initially going north/south from the first room - you'll find enough "troublesome" keys to make your way west when you need to. But remember - once you decide to go west, there's no going back - if you make any deviation, you'll run out of keys.

When I reached the first "reward" room, I found I could access all the other reward rooms by lockpicking the doors (unlike the rest of the doors in the maze) - at this stage I had 7/7 lockpick, so if your lockpick is lower, you might want to plan which reward room you want in advance, just in case...

Also, make sure you save before entering the reward room. For example. one reward room gives you a unique weapon, but that weapon is totally random. My Mage initially got a bow, but I reloaded and tried again until I got something more suitable (which is still my best weapon so far). Remember - you find uniqe items in these chests, not just epic items.

Trippy #432372 20/12/10 10:04 AM
S
stranger
stranger
S
I think i've wasted my key and now i'm stuck because i went to the house of secrets the first time and after i realised that the other doors didn't open i thought that maybe the solution was in the other quests! Maybe i'd find the key in another quest. Now i don't have the save to go back anyway! Foolish thing to do but now i guess i can't do anything! Thanks anyway smile

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard