Next Thread
Print Thread
#426608 15/11/10 01:51 PM
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Theres a skill for it but it doesnt look viable to me. doesnt look to attack faster than 1 handed weapons. ive just started the game so i dont know if any powerful hand to hand equpment will be avialable eventually

Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you. See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands... - Isaiah 49:15-16
M
addict
addict
M
I don't believe there is equipment.

And I have no idea if this is viable, it would need to bring you massive damage, as you wouldn't get bonus from items.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by melianos
I don't believe there is equipment.

And I have no idea if this is viable, it would need to bring you massive damage, as you wouldn't get bonus from items.

It is the lowest damage, but it is suppose to have really high attack speed (thus making anything that helps with critical hits a good idea).

stranger
stranger
personally i went with dual-wield and combined it with high leech life skill and enchants and also regenaration and healing aura enchants it was an excellent combination since i rarely had to use any potions, at least on casual but i think it would be efficient on harder levels as well especially late game with all skills maxed out(13-15).Oh also i had high strength(80+).

S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
I didnt notice enough of an attack speed difference between H2H and the 1 handed sword for it to make a difference. and without equipment, H2H will miss out on item effects. I had hoped for it to be viable, maybe as a more defensive combat style like the monk in D&D, but it appears thats not the case.

EDIT:
i should mention i always play on the highest difficulty level. which makes H2H seem even less viable.

Last edited by SonOfCapiz; 16/11/10 03:04 AM.

Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you. See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands... - Isaiah 49:15-16
Something to note though is that with hand to hand you can equip a shield. You'll keep it on your back in combat but you will have all the boosts from it.

S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Good to know. Wont be using it though since i dont like exploits like that.

P
stranger
stranger
P
really though, if they made unarmed attacks benefit from all the skills that specify melee,that would be more than enough.

S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Parrk
really though, if they made unarmed attacks benefit from all the skills that specify melee,that would be more than enough.

i thought they already did. but even so, it really loses out on the item bonuses of the others.

Last edited by SonOfCapiz; 16/11/10 07:27 PM.

veteran
veteran
All that would be needed would be to give gauntlets and leggings damage bonuses to hand-to-hand combat, although that might be harder to implement than it seems.

The lower damage from hand-to-hand combat might require a lot more creative use of other skills that would otherwise see little use, like Fatality, Evade, Reflect and Death Blow. I want to eventually try making a Hand-to-Hand character.

S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
i wanted to make my first character hand to hand. but i realized there would be no h2h items, not much difference that i could see in attack speed enough to compensate for damage difference. it would be viable if in addition to gauntlets and leggings damage, melee skills affected it and :% chance to proc" attack effects like poison stacked so that you get your dps from the increased chances to trigger that effect

journeyman
journeyman
Well i suggest H2H skill for those who think game is to easy wink and while i myself playing with shield and sword but only until i think i have enough skill points to make good martial artist smile

Played it back in Ego Draconis and had a blast, its fun also a bit challenging. Also as someone mentioned above it requires good use of other skills (meaning you know how they work and when they are best to use, no willy nilly skill points wasting :D)

And the shields with a lot of enchantment slots is what you looking for laugh

Last edited by LithStud; 17/11/10 08:18 AM.

"Wisdom outweighs any wealth." Sophocles
old hand
old hand
I've played a H2H character in ED and it was okay until I got to the Orobas fjords, when the damage output just didn't cut it anymore and had to switch to a two-hander.

DKS, though, greatly reduces the mobs in both Orobas fjords and the Fortresses in general, so it may be viable after all.

Last edited by virumor; 17/11/10 11:22 AM.
I
stranger
stranger
I
I've played to the end of FoV using a h2h character, and I have to say that it is viable. You will need to rely other skills to augment your damage, I did it with jump attack and battle rage maxed. It goes without saying you need h2h maxed up to 13 by the end of ego draconis or 15 in FoV. Later on you would max bleed and death blow although death blow would be after everything else. Thousand strike is good to use although you will rely on jump attack to do the meaty damage

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard