Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#429303 27/11/10 06:42 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I've just finished playing through Flames of Vengeance for the first time which I downloaded from your new vault.

I have never enjoyed a game as much as this one and I have played a lot (pretty much most) of RPG's including your earlier ones. The humour and well written quests and story make this game a joy as well as wonderful music, voice acting and all the gorgeous art.
Extra credit to you as I have not found a single bug or glitch in my playthrough and you have made a nicely put together, well thought out and better still finished and polished game. You must have excellent programmers too.

I could really compliment you all night...I feel a lot of love for you all. You all kick ***!
I hope you have fun making your next game and best of luck to you all.

P.S.
I had a couple of things bugging me at the end which I didn't manage to complete, if they are possible.
In the area of Aleroth with all the undeads is an underground area with the quest to put back the troll cup and plate which I did. In that same dungeon there was a door called troll door which said it was not possible to lockpick. Is it possible to open...have I missed the key??

The other thing was a quest where I performed a mindread on the abbott/monk to find out there was a key in the brazier (on the way through to defeat the Engineer). He says it's in there but he's frightened of burning his hands. I never managed to get that key out of the brazier.

Last edited by Catelee2u; 27/11/10 07:09 PM.
stranger
stranger
To open the troll door you needed to use the key you found on that left door first and in there you'd find a second key for the right door. If you used the first key you found on the right door (the one with the pedestals and potions) then there's no way to open the left door. There's only a random chest in there so nothing lost really.

To get the key in the brazier you actually have to stand on the table next to it in order to reach it. Kind of silly that a somersaulting hero that can fly in dragon form has to do that but you just can't target it properly to pick it up unless you do.

And yeah, I finished the game recently myself and I agree with you completely. One of the best RPG experiences I've ever had.

Good... Bad... I'm the guy dual-wielding swords with +100 magic damage.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Thanks, I can do the troll cave one now but not sure about the brazier key.
I stood on the table and moved round to every angle I could find but couldn't get the key out. Maybe my next playthrough I'll manage.

Thanks for the response.

apprentice
apprentice
I do think, that FoV is better made, than ED. It's more polished and more interesting in the number of ways.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Originally Posted by Catelee2u
The humour and well written quests and story make this game a joy as well as wonderful music, voice acting and all the gorgeous art.
Extra credit to you as I have not found a single bug or glitch in my playthrough.

So true, no really annoying bugs and by far the best voice acting I've ever seen. No joke, the voices convince you that real people are talking. *thumbs up*

Originally Posted by Catelee2u
Extra credit to you as I have not found a single bug or glitch in my playthrough and you have made a nicely put together, well thought out and better still finished and polished game. You must have excellent programmers too.

Cheers! We are usually only mentioned in negative comments, nice to be noticed in a good light once in a while wink

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Don't feel down, there's tons of praise on this forum. laugh

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Absolutely you guys should feel great about yourself. I've played hundreds of games and this by far at the top of the list. I have played up to the fjords and I haven't had any game breaking experiences as of yet.

Also I think the LarianVault should be praised highly as well, you guys really shine with that. I bought FoV from it and everything went very smooth, the purchasing was simple and the download methods are top notch, it took about 45 minutes or so to download smile

Last edited by lazuranthas; 30/11/10 04:05 PM.

Reality is but a shadow of one's imagination, is it not?
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Foulfrost
Don't feel down, there's tons of praise on this forum. laugh

More so than I can remember for any game we released and we are grateful.

O
stranger
stranger
O
I have been gaming on and off longer than I care to admit (think early 80s Commodore and Apple) and this is best game I have bought in years.

The DKS has a great rework of the original ED and FoV was extremely well written. I will get part three if and when it is available.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard