Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
How is it possible the game hasn't a review?

User score is 8.6.

Is it publisher's fault?

Only one trailer, no gameplay videos... really poor coverage for an outstanding gem like this.

Gamespot is a very popular site, I think the publishers should do something to change this situation for good.

thanks for reading,

The HopefullyRedeemedBastard

My nemesis are Goblins. I hate them to DEATH. They reproduce like spores. They are ugly. They smell horrible. They look like cold-blooded reptiles. I was born to annihilate all of them. Bring chaos, pain, and sorrow to their pathetic existence. Torture them. Dismember their bodies.
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by HopefullyRedeeme
How is it possible the game hasn't a review?
Is it publisher's fault?

If it is their fault, I'm glad they spent the extra budget on creating an amazing game, rather than on advertising.

But they definitely deserve more sales!

old hand
old hand
I don't think Gamespot will mind that much about DKS as long as there's no US publisher contacting them.

Tweeting @forktong
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Forgive my ignorance on the subject, but do you mean that DKS is not sold in USA? I think you can buy it in steam...

Any clue, please?

My nemesis are Goblins. I hate them to DEATH. They reproduce like spores. They are ugly. They smell horrible. They look like cold-blooded reptiles. I was born to annihilate all of them. Bring chaos, pain, and sorrow to their pathetic existence. Torture them. Dismember their bodies.
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by HopefullyRedeeme
Forgive my ignorance on the subject, but do you mean that DKS is not sold in USA? I think you can buy it in steam...

Any clue, please?

It's the XBox 360 version that isn't available in the US or Canada - you're correct that the PC version is available worldwide. Regiion locking is the main resion I've never owned a console.

O
apprentice
apprentice
O
Gamespot reviews blow anyway..
I never read them anymore..of course I don't read any " Official " reviews anymore.

I read the actual game forums, play the demos..and read actual owner / players opinions...not some guy who has 40 other games to get through.

People say I'm crazy..but the voices in my head say I'm just fine.
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Originally Posted by ogreballerina
Gamespot reviews blow anyway..
I never read them anymore..of course I don't read any " Official " reviews anymore.

I read the actual game forums, play the demos..and read actual owner / players opinions...not some guy who has 40 other games to get through.

Wow I thought gamespot reviews were realistic. They gave 5.5 to AVP and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II. Here in spain we are screwed if we believe to Micromania's reviews (never below 80).

I read editor's review first pharagraph, and then The Good and the Bad. Then I read lots of players reviews, specially the lowest scores and the highest.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by ForkTong
I don't think Gamespot will mind that much about DKS as long as there's no US publisher contacting them.

Umm....but they could review the DKS version you guys are selling on Steam, right? :P

veteran
veteran
The user's "gayspot" name for that resource is for a reason, ya'now.

I have been a member there for over 5 years now and enjoy posting on their forums. Their reviews, however, often leave me scratching my head. As they are inconsistent at best.

That said, I am sure that the DKS will be reviewed there once it releases in the US. Not that I care what they will give it, but I still want the game with all of it's upgrades and new content to be received well for the sake of the developers.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard