Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Is there a way to spawn a monster in this game, maybe even by cheat codes ? I killed Ba'al, but he didn't drop anything. That's right, no purse, nothing.

As you can imagine, that means I can't get the sigil for the main quest and I really wouldn't want to start over. Any tip is appreciated, thanks a lot.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
There's no way to respawn monsters, but are you sure you didn't get the sigil? If I remember right it automatically appeared in my inventory (rather than as a loot bag).

If it is a bug, Larian can help you if you send them a copy of your save game (if you have the PC version).

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Thanks for the suggestions, Trippy. Unfortunately, there is no sigil to be found in my inventory and the main quest screen clearly shows this part as incomplete (different color than the other three, which I've finished).

Do loot bags remain in one place if you zone out and then back in ?

This is a pretty major oversight, IMO, ruining the game experience for someone this far along in the game. I will eventually start over as a different class, but right now I'm too pissed to do that.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Loot bags do indeed remain when zoning. Sending the save to Larian would definitely fix it, I had to send mine in to be able to enter the hall of echoes. I think they are all out of the office until Monday, but they are very quick to respond when they are there. If you're playing the game on Windows 7 you need to show hidden files and folders, the location would be C:\Users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\Divinity II\ and then in the save games folder, they are numbered according to the order in which you saved, and of course, replace *youruser* with your user for Windows.

Reality is but a shadow of one's imagination, is it not?
C
stranger
stranger
C
the same appened to me... so how can i sent the save to larian??

Support
Support

Do you have the patch installed? See the appropriate support page for DKS or FoV.

You can send the save to support@larian.com, with a description of the problem and maybe a link to this topic.

See Lar's post here on how to send them an Xbox save.

With the PC version, in XP the saves are in the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\ %username% \Local Settings\Application Data\Divinity 2\Savegames

or in Vista / Win 7

C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Savegames

You may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders (XP, Vista, Win 7).

stranger
stranger
very helpful! thanks! i hope i'll get the bugs fixed because it's too frustrating to repeat everything... smile

scorvin
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Blame the console market (and the bizarre idea that people will actually compete for 'achievement points' in a single-player game).

I'm currently replaying 'Oblivion' - it's really old, and it has its flaws, but it has a command console! And the flexibility of its game-engine still outclasses anything that Larian has produced to date. For all the glowing reviews I've posted about DKS previously, I'm just starting to realise how much better Bethesda is than Larian - at least Bethesda didn't enforce stupid anti-cheat rules on their single-player PC version. Larian has its strong points (e.g. humour), but they've seemed to completely abandon us PC gamers/modders.

Can't wait for Skyrim, don't care about DKS 2 (or what ever it might be called)...

veteran
veteran
Ehm...

You do realise Oblivion and DKS use the same engine, right?
So what the hell do you mean with "flexibility of its game-engine still outclasses anything that Larian has produced to date" ???

Support
Support

Larian did say they would have liked to release modding tools for Divinity 2 (during development of D2:ED it was a hypothetical possibility), given enough given free enough time and resources to devote to that (see the old topic Is it modder-friendly?). Maybe they've kept that in mind for their next projects, and can develop the tools with the game, rather than requiring another extra chuck of resources when the game is finished.

I think Bethesda has just a tad bit more resources than Larian, and devote slightly more money to advertising (which seems to be the primary factor in game sales).

People will compete for achievement points in a single player game. People will even buy games with achievements that have odd numbers for achievement rewards, so they can get screenshots of themselves with a gamer score of 100000 or 123456789, etc.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard