Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Most gamers who low end comps or Notebooks can't even run this game right, What baffles me is other game's Like Fallout 3 etc Work fine. What I'm saying is maybe next update could maybe focus on letting a lower rig run it off pretty simple

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
No. The system requirements are on par with most other games released these days. The minimum specs basically ask for a 5 years old high end computer roughly equal with consoles. Sorry to burst your bubble, but a notebook with integrated intel graphics or any low end integrated graphics is not going to play anything released during the last year aside from indie games. As for Fallout 3, it's more than two years old, so of course it has lower requirements. If you look at Fallout New Vegas, it has already considerably higher requirements than Fallout 3, although it uses the same engine and same or very similar art assets.

stranger
stranger
Just turn shadows completely off and your notebook will probably be able to run it fine.

Larian blew it in terms of performance with their implementation of shadows in Gamebryo, but other than that aspect they did a fine job.

Ironically, Fallout 3 uses the same engine.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Crispy81
Ironically, Fallout 3 uses the same engine.

... which stutters and crashes much more often and frequently corrupts its savefiles. Don't get me wrong, I love FO3, but they broke so much of the engine with their wonky implementation...

J'aime le fromage.
J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Expect I can play Fallout NV just fine.

Yet playing this even in a windowed model just makes no difference.

Wahoo Polygon scrambled graphics make it like walking blind

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard