Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#438593 11/02/11 08:22 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Inside the pathway u use to get to the generator in the middle cloaked area of stones fortress is an alcove with a chest next to a Damian statue. when opend im one shot'ed dead from a demon statue at the other end of the hall. How do u get the chest contents? no matter where u stand u die. i see no buttons or levers to pull to stop this.....Please help ty

Support
Support

If you summon your creature can you try opening the chest when it is between you and the statue?

Have you installed the patch? The amount of damage may be a bug (assuming you are not just vulnerable to magical damage with low hit points), or at least there was a fix for a similar issue, where some people ran into certain boss type opponents with over-powered attacks.

Have you defeated all the opponents in that passage? In D2:ED I don't recall having to do anything special to get to that chest (I don't think I was particularly impressed by the contents, either, though that may have changed in FoV/DKS).

Welcome to the forum. wave

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Ty for the reply. Nope i didnt install patch so u are right it's probably the problem. And i did encounter some other issues with invisable non-moving black ring that i could kill for xp but was very boring to fight smile
ty for the welcome too !! and btw for any game programers who may read this post... u have an AWESOME game!!! even with the bugs its one of the best rpgs ive ever played.. and ive been playing for a very long time..hehe WOOT to u guys!!

Support
Support

There is a fix for invisible opponents (in flying fortresses) in the patch, as well.

If you really want that chest you can email your save to support@larian.com for them to fix, but it probably isn't worth the effort unless you run into additional opponents or traps that you can not defeat / bypass.

Someone who ran into a problem where Ba'al had a fast, over-power attack used CheatEngine to fix their hit points until they got past that fight. If you have the PC version you could do the same to try to get the chest, though someone using Steam reported that they can have a problem with CheatEngine even when playing single player games.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks Raze smile
i decided (like u said) to just forget the chest .... ill prolly play the game again with a diff avatar so i'll download the patch then. i'm not good with downloading things to get around problems.. i'd just create more probs for myself for sure. I'm cool with waiting for the next time i play. i just started the expansion part and am trying to figure out those puzzles, lol
Wish me luck!! and Tx again!! have fun!

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard