Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
stranger
stranger
A
Graphics are good but improve the sound quality, i mean make it 3D

stranger
stranger
They need to put Scythes in this game and where u can where DEATHS ARMOR: 1. Deaths cloak or armor 2. Deaths gauntlets 3. Deaths boots/ Archangels armor or gods,devils ECT....

Dont play with fire unless your willing to get burned
stranger
stranger
Alright to begin with I think that when you die it should be more of a guild wars thing where if you die you will be respawned at an alter with reduces maximum health, mana, damage and stats. You can bring these back up by killing a boss or returning to a city.

I also DONT think you should be able to attack ground units, remember if you can attack them they can attack you which would mean they would need more damage and an increased range to hit actual hit you and kill you. Think of the helpless melee soldiers that can only stand an watch their groups of 4-5 people being massacred by a giant dragon. Another reason would be if your destroying multiple towers while being attacked by air units and groun units could be quiet annoying. If you do make it so you can attack ground make sure the exp is greatly reduced, so the player actually wants to land and fight.

I would love to see underwater exploration. Not just swimming above scarcly seen water. I mean really throughout the whole game you seen water how much?

You need to make a blacksmith that actually allows you to make swords and armour.

Dont make the game to mature. You will lose many of the young audience.

I would like to see better drops and a lot more drops. The best gear I have is bought, and it emptied the wallet (literaly.) I had 150,000 before i bought the gear and afterwards I have 300. Needs to be changed (and yes the prices were reduced thatnks to mind reading.)

Yet another thing, don't limit where you can go. I agree that if I adventure to deep ill know oh i should get outta here. On that perspective I think you need to put a skull by enemies that are alot higher then you so you can tell you need to leave. And for someone like damien put a glwing aura around him so you can actually see him from afar so you know not to get any where near him.

Last edited by Doog; 09/08/11 05:25 AM.
veteran
veteran
Respawning after dying is more of a multiplayer thing, not really a single-player thing.

Also, reducing your stats on death and only getting them back after doing something else would at best be annoying, and at worst it could lead to a never-ending cycle of losing stats because you died because your stats were lowered because you died because...

More drops from enemies would be good, because you definitely need to spend a lot of money at a store.

I don't like the idea of cluttering up the game with HUD elements like a skull or an aura. And by the way, it was not actually possible to avoid going near Damian, and he does not even attack you at any point, so it completely eludes me why you think adding an aura is needed.

stranger
stranger
Well I wasnt really focusing on damien himself. More of a REALLY high leveled enemy. And if you know how to avoid/block you wouldnt get a REALLY high number of stats reduced. Even if it is annoying, its not as annoying as having to re-load or work your way through a maze as a ghost. May not be the best way of reviving but I hate saving every 2 minutes because I might die of a stupid mistake.

I also forgot to mention about how if you have a sheild equipped it will float behind your charcter not even on him. I hate using a sheild because of that (this has nothing to do with the respawning mentioned above.)

Yet another thing is that if you spam jumping you can get to your destination faster. Need to make it so the jumping distance is equal to your run speed.

old hand
old hand
^
Yeah, I hated that too. The shield literally floats on the back of your character. I have no idea why some games have it where equipped weapons don't properly connect to your character. Dragon Age (both of them) had this problem with daggers which was annoying. It's quite annoying when you look at Mount and Blade (an indie game) and see how weapons/shields/bows do connect to your character. If that game could do it, then games with a higher budget should be able to do so too.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Lucreel
Another idea is (and this would go along with multi-player support well), instead of the game just ending when you die, how about having something like a level in the Hall of Echoes that you have to clear (by clearing, I don't necessarily mean battle - it could be a puzzle, or a jumping challenge, or, I dunno, something) to return to life, or some in-game mechanism of some sort which allows you to 're-incarnate', instead of just loading a save? I've always thought that would be cooler for an RPG - instead of, notionally, a hero that is never defeated (because when you load the save, it's like it never happened), an immortal hero that, thus, ultimately can't be defeated.

No offence but a good RPG is like an interactive film or a page out of history, I mean come on think about it for a min. That's like saying I don't like this part of history because it does'nt mention people failing. History is inevitably writen by the victors so if your charactor dies mid story theres no story. If the stars of history died before they did what they were revered for theres no story & thus no history. Sorry Alexander the great you can't conquer anything because theres no chance you'll fail.....your ideas before that last post were good. As for multiplayer I NEVER like seeing people putting multiplayer in games like Divinity. Especially coop, because if everyone is running aroud trying to play the hero then theres no hero anymore. There can be only 1 leader per unit, if a platoon in the army were to have more than 1 commander then thigs would just go chaotic. If they put multiplayer in D3 I won't be bothering with it I'll just do what I always do & stick to the single player game. I liked your story ideas but the multiplayer & death ideas no but thats just my opinion.

As for me I'd like to find out what happened to the other race's like the dwarfs, they explained that the elfs are now extinct but no mention of what happened to the dwarfs & lizardmen.

If the dragon knight will be the main charactor (as I hope it is) then I'd like the Divine to play an active role in the story like Zandalor. Maybe even do a 2 disc game like D3 part 1 & 2 one part from the Dragon knights point of veiw & the other from the Divines point of veiw. Or if there must be coop then just make it a max of 2 one play as the Divine 1 as the Dragon Knight.

I would also like to see more dragon battles, I was a little upset with how little there was for your dragon form to do other than lets just fly to here & land.

old hand
old hand
More puzzles and less key searching smile

apprentice
apprentice
I would love to be able to at least fly to the mountain tops and not run into invisible walls just below them. Give us more freedom, more open world! smile

Oh and I would love to see a whole city (like Aleroth, just accessible! LOL) I was excited about Aleroth, thinking I would get to see a big city, only to find out most of it was barricaded.

Pretty please with sugar on top? (btw. I love all the little sayings you added to the game, definitely keep the humor factor!)

Last edited by Agrona; 25/08/11 06:45 PM.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Agrona
Oh and I would love to see a whole city (like Aleroth, just accessible! LOL) I was excited about Aleroth, thinking I would get to see a big city, only to find out most of it was barricaded.

All I'll say to that is get FOV

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Divine Avenger

All I'll say to that is get FOV

WOOHOO, you made me want to get it even more now!!!!!!!! YAY. First Germany vacation, then I need to format my PC, then FoV! LOL Thanks D.A. smile

M
addict
addict
M
In Divinity3, I hope the main character isn't the Dragon knight I was playing in D2. Why ?

First, he/she has powers, and I don't wan't to start over with the same character (I ended up powerfull enough to wipe armies, how many ennemies up to my level left ?).
Second, I played D2 in 3D, going back to 2D with the same character would be going backwards in my opinion.

old hand
old hand
The Divine has powers as well though so if we what if you end up playing as the Divine in D3

A
veteran
veteran
A
I'd like to see the return of all races from Divinty 1 ... And the resolution what happened with the Goddess from the early beginning of Divinity 1 ...

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
enthusiast
enthusiast
Seem as Project E has more or less been confirmed as Divinity 3, your playable character may even be someone completley new who works with the DK and Divine who both appear as NPC's. Either that or you play as the Divine with powers (or lack of them at beginning of game) explained away by he 'lost' them whilst trapped in the crystal. I doubt you play as the DK as a top down perspective would be just awkward. That's my guess.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

veteran
veteran
I wish to start with a level one hero and like Arokh said .. the divine and the Dragon Knight are NPC's you can interact with:
mindread them, train with them, chat with them & think about how amazing it can be to play cards or a board game with them ...

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
old hand
old hand
Well I just hope I gat another chance in the future to play as my dragon knight, I'd be happy playing as the Divine or a new character. I just hope that oneday we can have a game with the Dragon Knight & the Divine both as playable characters.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Things I'd like to see ?

Raanaar. Most definitively. hehe

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Return of commander Rhode.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by pall
Return of commander Rhode.

I'd like to see her return but only in a game with the dragon knight in it

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze