Page 1 of 2 1 2
#444131 10/05/11 11:03 PM
R
rpb Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Hi I met Damien on the Ledge, after battling the Dragon,for Lovis Stone and Book, confused and can not enter my Battle Tower by the Teleport, did I miss something???????????

Thanks All

rpb #444134 11/05/11 01:36 AM
S
S
yes- from the way i'm reading that: you defeated Asmadius, got Lovis's Soulstone and the book, and then met Damian. you're not quite that close to getting to the battle tower, but you're nearly there!

You now have to go on to Sentinel Island, and begin the process to reclaim the battle tower from Laiken.

if you agreed to free Lovis, return to his tower and give him his soulstone.

Sigs Minock #444138 11/05/11 02:02 AM
R
rpb Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Hi thank you, yes i will free Lovis,

Is Sentinel Island got to by swimming through the Forge, I went every where and could not find the island or should I say somthing to challenge a knight. Again thank you Sigs. I will search the land, high and low.

Last edited by rpb; 11/05/11 02:06 AM.
rpb #444140 11/05/11 03:44 AM
S
S
No, sentinel island is where the Portal platform leads after dealing with Damian's goons- after you've dealt with Asmadius (the one passage that was blocked, is now unblocked.). you'll get a message when you step on the platform asking "do you want to go to Sentinel Island?" obv. select Yes and exit that area [if you're playing DKS, the two chests on either side have parts to an armor set], and the Island will introduce itself and tell you want to do.

Basically- you can't get to Sentinel Island from anywhere outside the Maxos Temple (not until you activate Waypoint Shrines on Sentinel Island). Go back down to the Crypt and hop on the teleport platform.

Sigs Minock #444142 11/05/11 04:57 AM
R
rpb Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Good Morning

The Goons never showed after meeting w/ Damien, the Teleporter did not ask me anything, it is lit to transport but I step in and nothing, I walked the Maxos Temple five times. I am playing on a PC.
I went back and defeated the dragon again and returened Lovis Soul Stone, nothing happens with Telaporter on Platform????????????? I am stuck here in a Pugatory.

Thank you so much, HELP>>>>>>>>>

rpb #444143 11/05/11 05:47 AM
Support
Support

In your save before defeating Amdusias, try leaving Maxos temple and heading to the fjords (from the path to the far south west in Broken Valley). After that, return and see if forcing the game to reload the area makes a difference after meeting Damian. The teleporter is disabled until you defeat the 2 summoned Black Ring members, which doesn't happen in your case since they are not being triggered for some reason.

Try emailing support@larian.com, with a description of the problem and maybe a link to this topic. See the appropriate support page for DKS or FoV.
Perhaps include a save after defeating Amdusias but before the meeting with Damian.

BTW, your first encounter on Sentinel Island you can mindread to go up a level, so the higher level you are (I made it to level 22 in the fjords) the more of an experience bonus that will be. You don't need to get to a high level, but it would be better if you got to a new level before entering, to get a full level bonus.

In XP the saves are in the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\ %username% \Local Settings\Application Data\Divinity 2\Savegames

or in Vista / Win 7

C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Savegames

You may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders (XP, Vista, Win 7).

Raze #444148 11/05/11 06:35 AM
R
rpb Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Thank you so much, I have tryed the walk left temple, nothing seems to work, the Black Knights are not being trieged. I will attempt more to correct problem later today. My anti virus bloked the patch seems the cloud had to many users. I will go to teck support, or maybe you have a idear?

MANY THANKS

rpb #444150 11/05/11 07:05 AM
R
rpb Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Norton Internet Protection will not allow, virus detected with Patch.

rpb #444160 11/05/11 09:47 AM
veteran
veteran
Then disable it while you update the game...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Another case of Norton incorrectly identifying genuine programs as viruses... It's useless & that's why I ditched it ages ago. As for the problem, If I understand correctly it may be that some but not all the game files were patched due to Norton blocking them.

As hassat says, disable Norton and run the patch again. Also back up your save games incase it goes pear shaped.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

Arokh #444166 11/05/11 01:23 PM
R
rpb Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
I did it all download patch, read your great notes to Midnijhttak 3/08/11 Post2. If i understand correctly they started over re-stalling the game, is there a way through teck support, oh i ran the treck from Orbas Fjiords. Slayers jump caperbilities were compromised he could not cross a bridge wihout fline jump? i think this was resting after patch installed. But to no avial the Black Ring Knights did not appear.

rpb #444171 11/05/11 02:18 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I think you need to contact support as Raze suggested at support@larian.com

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

Arokh #444186 11/05/11 06:46 PM
R
rpb Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Hi Thanks for your help, from reading past scrolls from the archives here, I am one of the misforanate few that looks like I will have to start over. I have contacted Support@larian .com. I hope a new solution to this rare problem can be resolved. Again thank you all.

As a great leader once said "I hate to pay for the same real estate twice"

rpb

rpb #444207 11/05/11 11:58 PM
R
rpb Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
if one was to start over, would it be wise to download a new game, or start with new character?
I am not sure how to go forward? Any suggestions.

rpb #444211 12/05/11 12:20 AM
addict
addict
I would make sure all the latest patches were downloaded and/or installed and start a brand new char.IMO

That is if you are actually having to start over.

The more I think about it I would probably reinstall everything just in case...can't hurt. IMO

Last edited by SENIOR CINCO; 12/05/11 12:30 AM.

UNKNOWN: Friends help you move...True friends, help you move bodies...
E.A.P.: Blood was it's Avatar and it's seal.
E.A.P.: Stupidity is a talent for misconceptions.

R
rpb Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Thank you have been a great help all.

I will address with some more thought. Hopefully a new download with patch might work. One note I read said just started with new character and made to portal.

rpb #444229 12/05/11 01:51 AM
R
rpb Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Without starting over what would you suggest, I have contacted support e-mail my progress to larkan?
hire an outside contactor to review?

Thanks
rpb

rpb #444231 12/05/11 01:55 AM
addict
addict
Your best bet is to wait and hear from Larian support and do as they suggest.

UNKNOWN: Friends help you move...True friends, help you move bodies...
E.A.P.: Blood was it's Avatar and it's seal.
E.A.P.: Stupidity is a talent for misconceptions.

R
rpb Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Thank you I will do just that

rpb #444276 12/05/11 09:36 PM
R
rpb Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R

I was contacted by Larian Support, I sent neccasary Docs and info. Hopefull* again thanks to all and SC without this forum a novice would be Lost.

rpb

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard