Print Thread
#447189 15/07/11 03:56 AM
R
recluce Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
I got into Rayhun's headquaters and, approaching the freaky plant area to the east, I got the cut sequence and dialog with Rayhun - but the screen during the dialog remained black and Rayhun just was not there afterwards. Therefore, he did not drop the amulet nor anything else. There were just a few of his minions to defeat.

Very annoying - any solution? I am playing DKS (Canada DVD version) with patch 2 installed. (Windows 7 32bit, Core i7 Q8400 CPU, Quadro FX1800m graphics with Nvidia 266.58 drivers, 2 screens at 1920*1080, 3.24 GB usable system RAM, 1 GB Video RAM)

Glad to provide additional details...

Support
Support

The patch should prevent this problem, but does not fix it if it has already occurred in the save.

Email support@larian.com, with a description of the problem and maybe a link to this topic (DKS support page).
With your save they can restore Rayhun.

In Vista / Win 7 the saves are in the folder below (you may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders).

C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Savegames

Raze #447276 17/07/11 09:11 PM
R
recluce Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Originally Posted by Raze

The patch should prevent this problem, but does not fix it if it has already occurred in the save.

Email support@larian.com, with a description of the problem and maybe a link to this topic (DKS support page).
With your save they can restore Rayhun.

In Vista / Win 7 the saves are in the folder below (you may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders).

C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Savegames

Thanks, good to know they can fix the saved game. I have already emailed support - but they are on vacation until the end of the month. A long time to wait before I can continue my game. sad

BTW: Geshniz is just as invisible - and that stops me for now (Allan is my Alchemist).

Support
Support

Well, that kind of sucks. Have you done the rest of the flying fortresses and the fjords? I didn't turn in any of the battle tower platform quests until I was nearly done everything I had to do before heading to the Hall of Echoes.

Raze #447282 18/07/11 12:26 AM
R
recluce Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
I am done with the Fjords, Kali, Keara and Stone's Fortresses (I updated to patch 2 after I encountered invisible and unresponsive enemies in Stone's Fortress). Just the second quest for Allen remains and the Hall of Echoes. I guess I could explore Broken Valley in its charming new look a bit more - but I am quite frustrated now and will probably wait for a fixed save-game from support.

Anyway, I just got Divine Divinity from an outlet in the UK ($6.99 through amazon.ca) and I will give the older game a try!

R
recluce Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
After the big summer vacation, support fixed my savegame within one day (!) and now I am good to continue. Thanks a lot!

Support
Support

Glad you're able to continue. party

stranger
stranger
I had the same problem, I wasn't able to see Rayhun and I sent my savegame to Larian support team.
All I can say is that I'm amazed.I receved my savegame back in the shortest time possible.
I want to thank the support team.They're doing the best job.

edit: no problem, but no need to mention my real name on the forum smile
Have fun finishing the game !

Last edited by Larian_QA; 05/09/11 02:54 PM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
I hope they are still fixing it, i posted my save the 8 september, still waiting for an answer, maybe it takes times because it is the week end??

Support
Support

Did you get an auto reply from your email? Hopefully they will respond on Monday.

P
stranger
stranger
P
no autoreply, nothing until now.

Support
Support

You should have gotten an auto reply if they received your email. You might want to try again from a different email account, if available, or upload the save somewhere (like Megaupload) and then PM the link to Lynn to get it forwarded to support (click 'My Stuff' in the top menu bar, then 'My Messages'. After that page loads, at the left under the menu bar, click 'Options' and then 'Send a New Private Message').

I just sent a test email to support (to make sure they didn't just change how they set up their mail server), and got an immediate reply back from 'automated reply <do-not-reply-support@larian.com>' titled 'Automatic reply from support@larian.com'.

old hand
old hand
Is'nt Raze an Angel bless him wink

P
stranger
stranger
P
Hum i just tried again, when i click "contact us" the email is info@larian.com so from your answer you got an autoreply from support@larian.com. Weird! i will try with megaupload so.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Ok PM done, i dont even know who is Lynn, probably a guy who work at Larian? Anyway, thx for the info.

P
stranger
stranger
P
ah i got my save smile

old hand
old hand
Yeah she's one of the moderators on the Forums, I'm glad you got your save sorted & welcome to the forums.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard