Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#447608 28/07/11 07:12 AM
W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
hello one and all. finally got my dks sound problem working and enjoying the game in all its full glory smile!

i have a few questions though. even though i'm not too far in the game. am actually at broken valley after meeting with the guy in the tower. (i forgot his name ._. ... he's a servant of maxos.. lol.)

anyway,

1: i know we're role playing.. and all that. but, after you receive your dragon powers from talana, i mean.. the questions we're given after we've become a dragon knight.. are so..... unimpactful. lol. i mean we just received powers from someone who we hated and sworn to kill.. and the main character is like.. oh okay i'll do that and accept that i've powers. What do you guys feel?

2.i'm going for the pure dual wielding warrior build which i've read around that it gets REALLY hard later into the game. which i have to agree even when i'm at broken valley. most of my money is spent on potions and equipment.. am i playing in a wrong way? lol. i then to lead with charge and then whirlwind and proceed to chop them up. lol. >_> i have currently 3 points in lockpicking 2 in charge and 3 in whirlwind(it was level 2 but i think an accessory +1 to it)

thanks for reading and replying!

Last edited by wingblood; 28/07/11 07:13 AM.
Support
Support

Talana's vision shows you that Damian is the real enemy, and that the vendetta against dragons is misplaced and a diversion that is only helping the Black Ring. I only recall one person in the forum seriously balking at the change in focus of the main character. I suppose for the sake of role playing, the main character could have been given the option to commit suicide as soon as they were tainted by dragon powers, but that would have made for a short game playing a slayer zealot.

You shouldn't need that many potions (though I have not played a warrior in DKS yet). If you are clearing the skeletons around Lovis' tower, there are a couple easier areas you could do first (goblins to the south east of where you met Talana, and west then north up the mountain path; after that the derelict tunnels can be done, with 2 of the 3 entrances in the goblin areas).

Anyone help a newb with Warrior build ... ???

Welcome to the forum. wave

W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
ah thank you for the welcome!

Yes i understand that. lol. But i would think that the main character would go through a "denial" phrase or try to find ways to shrug it off. I'm not really balking about it. But i guess the main character could have been developed better and not "meh. why not." lol. But i'm still enjoying the same as it goes smile

i'm at maxos's tower now. and i must say, it has really been quite a challenge. Especially the fights without potions. lol >_> am running and jumping and hiding to lure out a few mobs to hack them to pieces and repeat. But i have to say, it keeps me yearning for more, the story that is. smile.

Ah i've read through that link. However i would like to attempt a PURE DW playthrough for the challenge of it. though a mix between priest and warrior is very tempting. But the amount of potions i'm consuming is quite.... astonishing. lol. had many many close shaves.

one more question. when faced with destroying lovis's soul stone to free the ghost or giving it back to him to free his spirit. Does it impact anything? i've told the ghost that i would reconsider. But i'm leaning towards giving the stone back to lovis lol. If you can word it into a spoiler free post i would appreciate it. if not well, i'll have to find out myself won't i? :X

sorry for the long post >_> i've been looking for an rpg like this for a long time..

Support
Support

Life Leech (about level 10) and one level of the Healing spell (level 15) will help conserve potions, and once you have the battle tower the ingredients to make potions are easy to get.

There are no consequences for what you do with the soul stone other than what is immediately seen. Save, destroy the stone and then go talk to Lovis, then reload and return the soul stone, and see which outcome you prefer.

old hand
old hand
You CAN go through a denial phrase several times and even call yourself a Slayer to a woman who knows you are a Dragon Knight. Denial doesn't make sense really anyway, since The Divine's best friend comes up to you and personally tells you that Damien is the enemy.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by wingblood

2.i'm going for the pure dual wielding warrior build which i've read around that it gets REALLY hard later into the game. which i have to agree even when i'm at broken valley. most of my money is spent on potions and equipment.. am i playing in a wrong way? lol. i then to lead with charge and then whirlwind and proceed to chop them up. lol. >_> i have currently 3 points in lockpicking 2 in charge and 3 in whirlwind(it was level 2 but i think an accessory +1 to it)

I have to disagree. Dual wielding gets really powerful later in the game, so it's almost
comically easy on Normal.

Specialization is for insects! - Robert A. Heinlein
C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by wingblood

One thing you should know that will help you loads... you can disenchant and re-enchant the enchantments of ALL the weapons you find. A weapon doesn't need EMPTY enchantment slots in order for you to enchant it, just disenchant the (crappy) previous enchants and add in physical/magical damage, hp etc...

I only figured this out by L23 or something D:

W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
Ah yes. i've finally got my dragon form and am exploring the fjords now.

@Raze
although my life leech is only level 5.. it has been immensely helpful.
and i decided to let lovis have his peaceful rest. lol.

@Demonic
well.. i know. lol. but i guess it adds to the character development. But oh well, still overall well written.

@serutan
Really? hmm. i'm just made it into the fjord. I'm able to dispatch enemies fast. But i take quite an amount of damage though. lol. But even though it's a blast, its provides extremely fun wink.

@cowking
I'm just afraid the enchants available will be even lousier then the ones provided lol. Even though i'm getting by just fine.

One more question.

I noticed a portal which has many corpses littered outside it. So i thought what the heck, and went in and found myself in a hellish place. so.. i changed into my dragon form and found a huge amount of towers. so i proceeded to destroy them... and then i wanted to explore the place on foot.. and i changed back into human form.. and... bam. my map was full of red dots and i died almost instantly.

what is that place? lol.

veteran
veteran
Those are Flying Fortresses.
Best left when being lvl 26/27 or higher

Support
Support

When you unenchant equipment you recover the enchantment formula (if you don't already have it), though not the ingredients. What is available has to be at least as good as what you removed.
Before getting the battle tower I saved before upgrading enchantments, in case I ended up not having enough ingredients for the number of enchantments I wanted to add, but after you can easily send your runners for more ingredients.

As Hassat Hunter said, you were in one of the flying fortresses (probably Stone's; if you save the game it will list the location). In general it is usually safer to start with the ground platforms lower and/or closer to the entrance. When transforming from dragon form, you should do so at the outer edge of a platform (at least outside the fortified areas), rather than the middle. Also, you can die from falls in the flying fortress areas, if you get too far under the platforms.

W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
ah yes. i've reenchanted some of my equipment and currently am very happy with it. thank you very much for the advice!

am level 26 now.. just beat the dragon terror patrol.. lol. gave me quite a good laugh. but they were hard as hell. had to teleport away to stock up on potions and lure them to me to take them out. :\ was that kinda a noobish way to do it lol. or do you guys just charge in with all 5 of them on you and take them all down like the dragon god you guys are :P.

i'm currently having trouble with the flying fortress though. i've taken out all the towers. the ground mobs are really too hard. i get overwhelmed easily and just die. lol. any tips on those? even if i try to lure, at least 3 will come after me :\ or should i progress more into the story?

Support
Support

Level 26 is pretty low to take on the dragon terror patrol in DKS (Orobas Crypt Power Ranger battle, please help). I was level 36 and they were not easy (they were not that hard, but I had to pay attention to the fight).

Have you been to High Hall and the harbour, cleared the depleted ore mine, the start of the waterfall cave, etc? There are also a few caves around the fjords (one near the source of the waterfall across from the grand knight shrine, another on a ledge left of where the anti-dragon shields ended around the bunker, etc).

Are you summoning your creature in the flying fortresses? I found it most helpful with a mage head, though a couple people (playing mage/priest builds) prefer the fighter head for its Fatality skill.

I got to level 26 with the first demon I killed in the first fortified section of Stone's flying fortress. I am playing a ranger, though, so it is easier (most of the time) to take out opponents a few at a time, compared to playing a pure warrior.

W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
lol. i see so i am servely servely underleveled frown this is bad.. very bad. i've cleared out what you said.. i think. lol. i am now stuck fighting the black scout captains after talking to partrich.. this is kinda very bad. any way for me to catch up? frown. i've tried buffing through all the potions that give extra stats but still mop the floor with me

ah okay. cool. lol. unfortunately i'll be the one tanking if i'm going as a mage creature frown

Support
Support

There are some other caves and ledges with lower level opponents in the fjords, if you keep exploring (assuming you didn't clear it before starting on the fortresses).

I left the Orabas Crypt until late in the D2:ED section of the game because I was trying to put off completing quests as much as possible (to see how much of an effect that would have on leveling - result: it helps a bit, but not enough to worry about). I had finished off most of the flying fortresses and was clearing stuff up before heading to the Hall of Echoes.

The easiest flying fortress is Stone's, followed by Raze, Broken Valley, Keara and Kali. Since you don't seem to have a problem with dragon combat, you could try some of the harder fortresses, and see if you can level in dragon form with the higher level opponents there, then return to Stone's fortress to try the ground opponents again.

Do you have any quests to turn in, or any left to do not in the flying fortresses?

In the original release of D2:ED playing a warrior, and DKS with a ranger, I have used a creature with a mage head. I tried warrior and ranger heads, but much prefer a mage creature. Some people say a melee character should use a ranger/mage creature, and a mage/ranger character should use a fighter creature. Those people are wrong.

evil

veteran
veteran
Have you free skillpoints to spend ?

Have you ever tried to upgrade the Summon Ghost skill?
Or the skill "Healing" (2 or 3 points, or more) ?
Combine this with Hide in Shadows (1 point is already useful).
Summon you Creature, go into the fight, then jump/roll/run away a bit, use Hide in Shadows, use Healing (you remains invisible!) and while you're invisible you can (maybe) run further away and hide behind a rock or ... use again Healing (since the Healing skill has a short cooldown time, shorter than Hide in Shadows has).

If you've problems with melee fighters like the Black Rings, take Firewall to burn more than one in the same time ... biggrin ... or take Stun Arrows to stop the Healer for an time period (for example). If you first shoot a Stun Arrow, jump in (it can be FAST with a point in Rush Attack!), use Firewall and jump back out ...

Just some strategic steps to help you finding ways, combine skills, etc ....
I've found already many good combinations, even some funny ones hahaha ...

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
i see. i guess i have to go back to exploring :\.

and unfortunately, i haven't cleared any of the flying fortress yet. lol. what i did was to fly around for portals.... and the moment i spot one, i transform and make a beeline for it. lol. usually that gets me killed before i even get into the portal. lol. i was only successful with the room with the fountain which you put plants in. lol.

well, i do seem to have problems with the flying monster boss or something along that lines. takes kinda a long time to get it down.

but yeah.. good idea i guess :\ hmm. quests to turn in? hmm.. the zepplin ones... but thats only the one with the collecting parts lol.

do you suggesting going to the river valley? lol

@joram

sadly, i want my first playthrough to be a pure warrior skill tree and just rely on it. :\ gets really hellish @_@ but yeah. i'm planning to replay it as a priest mage though. sounds cool lol.

Last edited by wingblood; 02/08/11 06:33 AM.
veteran
veteran
Ones of the Dragon Skills is named "Polymorph" ... you should really try it out on the flying monsters!! biggrin ... Then they're "a mouse for the cat" :hihi:

If you mean with the "river valley" that Flying Fortress at the end of the Orobas Fjords ?... O no, that's Kali's FF and more difficult than Stone's, Raze's and Keara's FF .

One of the first things I did when I've taken over the Battle Tower was searching for 3 different kind of Zeppelin parts so I go to Aleroth as soon as possible !
There in Aleroth are very good traders (if you like some trading?) : the funny speaking Zarniyar and (the smith) Pilcher. Mercator only sells herbs, foot and drink (I believe).
Zarniyar has very nice things to buy, I visit him each time I level up ...

Zarniyar .... he reminds me of "Hercule Poirot", the 'small Begian detective', or better say : "Le petit Belge' laugh

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Support
Support

After you got the battle tower did you had back outside on Sentinel Island? There is a dragon skill book you can find in a nest in a tree, some random loot, and the treasure in the boat in the tree that somebody wanted (though you may want to use that item yourself, rather than complete the quest).

The quest in the ministry in Aleroth will probably have to wait until you are a higher level, but you can talk to Zandalor and just tell him you need time to get ready (you can mindread him, as well).
Actually, the opponents in the ministry (once you start the quest) keep spawning until Zandalor is able to close the rifts, and he has to restart if he gets attacked. Some people have deliberately failed to protect him in order to use that location to level. Save before trying that, though, since once you start you can not leave the ministry until Zandalor finishes.

W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
yes i went back to complete the quest. unfortunately i gave the book to the guy. i just thought he would be happier -_-. lol. though i do understand the book provides 2 skill points @_@.

err.. is there such a quest? lol. by going to riverlon, i'm just referring to the place to enter the place at the end of fjords lol. not any flying fortress or whatsoever.

@joram

oh really? lol. nice. i'll take up your offer on that smile. maybe i'll try to see what i can do in riverlon lol. and i'll check out those skills too smile thanks for the advice smile

man.. i really gotta level.. you guys are so ahead of me when you reach these parts of the game :\

Support
Support

If you don't talk to the guy near the teleporter after using the book, he doesn't get upset.

The only thing in Rivertown Gorge is Kali's flying fortress.

Have you maxed Bleed and Duel Wield Expertise (as much as you can for your level)?

If you use Whirlwind a lot, the cooldown time drops at higher levels.

Have you tried Battle Rage? I didn't use it in D2:ED, but with my ranger in DKS I found Way of the Ranger helps, after I bought a bow with that skill bonus (at level 40).

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard