Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#449191 28/08/11 04:59 AM
Agrona Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
So, my flight to Germany was canceled and rescheduled for Monday due to the stupid hurricane. I downloaded DKS with FoV and I started a new warrior. I love the Blood Echolon Sword! I slice through my enemies like butter haha.

But, I noticed 2 things.

First - When I went through the Temple of Doom, in the 2nd room there are these 2 locked doors with a chest behind one of the gates. Now, in the original version, I searched for that key for 20 minutes and found it on top of the statue on the right horn. Now, in DKS the key isn't there. Did they forget to include it in that version? o.0

Second - there was a 2nd teleporter in the grassy area near the Citadel Trapdoor, in front of the tower. You also had to use the password from the scrolls. I can't find it anymore. Did they move it? lol

Btw. the best tip I got on these forums was, when someone said to disenchant items before selling them. I had no idea you would get recipes from that process. I love it!

Oh, I also read something about Needleman's Storage, but so far I haven't found that one. I've been to every other storage so far, but don't know where Needleman's is and the walkthroughs I read don't show it.

Anyway, that's all. LOL Thanks for your replies in advance (Raze, Joram and Divine Avenger) haha wink

Last edited by Agrona; 28/08/11 05:00 AM.

Agrona #449192 28/08/11 05:08 AM
old hand
old hand
Yay I'm first lol

Anyway to get the key to that room you need to mindread one of the bandits which is only possible if you choose to go to the bandit camp before you go back to tell Lt Louis the location.

Ragnar = 400 exp = Learn the location of the key to the gate holding treasure in the Temple of Doom.

if you go back to the shrine were you entered the tower area of broken vally, cross the bridge & you should see thee teleport neer the edge of the cliff next to the tower.

Agrona Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
LOL yay! Thanks D.A.! Ok may I mindread that guy before, but totally forgot about it. LOL Did you have to do that in the original one, too? hmm

Oh you talking about the Lake Shrine? I mean the special teleporter, where you use the Bellegar password again.

Agrona #449194 28/08/11 05:34 AM
Support
Support

Yes you needed to mindread Ragnar in the original release, as well. The locations of the teleporters is also the same; when you come across the bridge moving south from where you meet Talana, the teleporter should be off to the left.

For Needleman's storage, your first visit requires getting all of the fortune teller's predictions, and then meeting Bellegar again (IIRC near the passage where you head north into the Maxos temple area). There is a chest and some other loot outside Needleman's storage, but you will not be able to get inside until after you have the battle tower.

Agrona #449195 28/08/11 06:44 AM
old hand
old hand
Beware of Needlemans storage because there is a small chest in there that needs a key to open it but the key is'nt in the game. cry

Agrona Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
OH I see, yea didn't do all the fortune teller predictions the first time around.

And OMG hahahaha I feel slightly stupid about that teleporter. I just found it. I was just looking in the wrong area. Hmm guess, I didn't read Ragnar's mind this time around, oh well. There was only junk in that chest anyway. lol

Speaking about junk - what's up with the quest rewards in DKS. They seriously offer Pots and Pans as quest reward choices? o.0 I got more weapon and armor choices in the original. Oh well, I just chose the xp and it helped lol.

Thanks you two! smile

@ D.A. - Yea, I read 2 threads about that missing key.

Last edited by Agrona; 28/08/11 01:01 PM.

Agrona #449253 29/08/11 07:29 AM
veteran
veteran
I really love the Quest Rewards ... laugh
Finally I've got pots & pans for cooking myself a delicious meal hmmmmmm ... hahaha

No, seriously ... DKS is o so funny, tons of humor, I love it and never laught so many times in 1 RPG like I do now with DKS (besides some really funny moments I had playing Divine Divinity!) ...
also thanks to the fact I play so many hours DD biggrin

No really, I love the Quest Rewards & so many more things & also the "remastering of Divinity II" !!

I do ALL Mindreads & choose the Gold or a valuable item as Quest Reward, never take the extra XP, just to look which level I can get till the end of Ego Draconis ... and now I know, I reached (no, Jurdenson did it :hihi: ) L 34, but almost L35 - ca 30000 XP left to 35 - (without using Wisdom or Mindread skill upgrades & without "let Keara's Door respawn extra times more enemies")

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Joram #449254 29/08/11 07:33 AM
old hand
old hand
Well done Joram wink making it to level 34 without taking exp rewards is great.

Me though I just can't help myself bring on the exp baby lol grin

As for the meal what you going to cook, is my Dragon Knight invited lol hahaha

veteran
veteran
O yes, come and have a look what I have to offer for eating all day and night :hihi:
Rabbits or boar meat?

Or some "speaking vegetables" ?
"O no, don't eat us!!"
I can't resist their screamings, so I choose to let the Pumpkin, Thomas the Tomato & the Carrot live (and gonna help them to remove the curse),

... I really love them, so I better starf from hunger than to eat them !

PS : now I was only L 34 coming in the FOV part I start immediately shopping biggrin , do some dungeon and start again shopping! And woow, there are so many kind trader's !! I love this part of the DKS ! Hope Larian make some day such a lovely city in their next rpg again !!

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Joram #449256 29/08/11 08:30 AM
old hand
old hand
WooHoo Boar & Rabbit Burgers & Chips at Joram's Dragon Knights Battle Tower so Raze you coming too Jorams Dragon Knight's cooking lol hahaha

It was going to be a roast but Joram doesn't want to eat the Veg lol hahaha

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard