Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#452532 30/12/11 06:49 AM
ljohann Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I didnt buy the Leggings for the Scorpion Armor set from the trader in Sentinal Island, I saw on another site that I might be able to get them on Kalis Flying Fortress. Is that true?

Support
Support

No. If you missed buying them on Sentinel Island, the only way to get them would be to reload a save before entering the summoning chamber and taking over the battle tower.

In the original release of D2:ED there was a complete ten piece equipment set in each of the fortresses for Stone (Archmage set), Raze (Hunter's set - ranger) and Kali (Scorpion set - warrior). These sets were moved around in DKS (Ulthring's set is still gotten by mindreading those three bosses, as well as Xanlosch in Stone's fortress), and additional sets added.

Raze #452546 30/12/11 08:42 PM
ljohann Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Thanks,I am still useing the Blood Eschelon Set and it is serving me well but was almost complete on the Scorpion Set till I realized I missed out on the leggings.I guess the Ulthring Set would be a upgrade??? Or should I go generic armor? I have some nice items but really like the boosts given by Sets.I'll research the Viper Set. Also I might also be close to completing the Hunter Set. Playing as a Worrior this first time through.

ljohann Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
So Kali is Hermosa's sister? And she is found in her Flying Fortress? I have seen some cunfusing info on her but...... maybe its just me since I can only play late at night now.

Support
Support

I don't recall the stats on Ulthring's set (they are listed in the DKS FAQ/Guide). Some people like that set, at least partly because it is only 4 pieces, so allows greater flexibility in choice for other equipment.

With my ranger in DKS I used the full Mining Guild set (available in the Steam version and the North American Xbox release) from level 16 to 27, replacing everything when I could use the Bow of Orobas after getting to level 28. I checked out other sets in the game, but (except for the mining Guild set) stuck with my collection of mostly random equipment (after the beginning of the game no random bow came close to the unique ones available). I used the Orobas Bracers (also Steam / NA Xbox) for most of the time I had the Mining Guild set (level 16-25), but without any other pieces of that set equipped there were no extra bonuses.
In the original release of D2:ED I didn't use any sets with my warrior.

Kali is Hermosa's sister, and can be found in the headquarters of her flying fortress, which is in Rivertown Gorge.

Raze #452550 31/12/11 07:36 AM
ljohann Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
is there a guide to the Annihilator Set. I have the Bracelet

Support
Support

Lancet's guide (link above) lists all the sets. Also:

Armor sets (DKS).

Raze #452663 08/01/12 10:36 PM
veteran
veteran
How can you only have the Annihilator set bracelet? You start out with the complete set in your inventory. You must have sold the rest.

Even an incomplete Scorpion Set is stronger than Ulthring's, because it has more pieces and more bonuses. Plus, Ulthring's set bonuses are only +20 to all Resistances and +10 Vitality.

stranger
stranger
Set Ultringa easier to get, and it gives good protection.

Errors in spelling? Google is guilty
(Language of the inscriptions - Russian))
Support
Support

Yes, I had the full Annihilator set, but only used the bracers. At level 16 I equipped the full Mining Guild set, and the bracers were the only piece of equipment I could use from the Annihilator set that was an upgrade and which would not break up the Mining Guild set (which was better suited to my character).

I didn't start out determined to use the complete set, but comparing various combinations of random equipment and set pieces, any equipment pieces that may have been slightly better in some respects to the Mining Guild set were not good enough to justify a drop in the set bonuses (especially wrt bow damage). Each time I equipped another Mining Guild piece, it made the other pieces a little more desirable (ie when I first looked at the Mining Guild earrings, for example, they were not quite as good as the set I had equipped; after equipping another couple set pieces, the extra bonus did make them slightly better), and eventually I equipped all the pieces. Conversely, once I had one piece of equipment worth breaking up the set for (the Bow of Orobas), then all the random stuff I had been collecting became slightly better in comparison each time something in the set was replaced, leading to everything in the set getting upgraded at once.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Sawaren
Set Ultringa easier to get, and it gives good protection.

Not really. Its bonuses are mostly for armour ratings, which provides damage reduction, and that's not really all that spectacular. I equipped Ulthring's set with the second best armour enchantments I could get and it ended up like this: +82 Melee/ +36 Ranged / +24 Magic. In comparison, the Scorpion Armour (minus the gauntlets) gave me +49 Melee/ + 15 Ranged/ +19 Magic.

Even the +33 difference to Melee armour only gave me an extra 7.82% damage reduction, although I did get an extra 15.82% reduction for ranged and an extra 18.32 magic damage reduction.

The real problem is that damage reduction doesn't matter as much as health and health regeneration, given how hard enemies hit.

old hand
old hand
Are the Shadow Archer & Aleroth Archmage sets better than Ulthring?

apprentice
apprentice

From a protection standpoint, Aleroth Archmage is IIRC comparable to Scorpion. If you do a lot of spellcasting or other mana intensive stuff, the Archmage set is much superior to Ulthring.

When the whole set is equipped, the Belt gives you almost instant mana regeneration

Specialization is for insects! - Robert A. Heinlein
veteran
veteran
I most love the Aleroth Archmage set just because of the thing "serutan" mentioned in his/her spoiler !

But I wish to say a little bit more about that :
Even with only the Belt (with fast mana reg!) + 1 other piece of the Aleroth Archmage wearing, the Belt give you already a fast mana pool regeneration ! My hero was wearing the Belt + 1 other thing of this Set to the end of Flames of Vengeance!

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard