Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Here is the link for the E3 2012 for the invite to see the 2 games under construction by LS...
http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/108112-divinity-iii-revealed-and-dragon-commander-concept-art.html

The artwork is awesome...I hope it will be very similar to Divine Divinity...

old hand
old hand
I wonder who those figures could be...

I too hope Divinity III will be like Divine Divinity.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Another site (french) about Project E alias Divinity III:
http://www.rpgfrance.com/actu-10667-1-larian-studios-nous-devoile-divinity-3

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Good news, I hope we will get more info about divinity 3 soon. While i'm very interesed in Dragon Commander i want more news about Divinity 3.

And by the way, as Sven wrote on his blog, the name of project E has been changed, so could somebody at Larian tell us what was orginal title for project E?

veteran
veteran
Superb, fantastic, awesome, ... news !!
laugh

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
D
stranger
stranger
D
I'm so excited !! D2 has been one of my best games ever, and I'm sure D3 will be even better.

...just only one question (but I'm sure nobady will unveil this before the E3...). Will it be released from the beginning also for console ? Current or next generation ?

Support
Support

Since Larian is self publishing the games, I would think they would probably aim for a relatively simultaneous release. Different localizations may take longer, or there could be problems with the distributors in some regions, but it should be much better than Divinity 2 (where none of the North American publishers wanted to release the Xbox version of DKS until they got sales results from Europe, and the US didn't get a PC release).

GameBanshee has the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 listed for Dragon Commander, though I have not seen any official conformation of console versions yet. Presumably Project E will be coming to the same consoles as Dragon Commander.

enthusiast
enthusiast
So, seem as this Project E is confirmed NOT to be Divinity 3 as in it's a prequel not a sequel I assume Larian will make a sequel to DKS after they have done with their current projects?

I know this will be several years off before we see any hint of a DKS sequel but if Larian are not intending to make one what are the chances of them making a free short add on for DKS where you get to kick Damian's ass together with the Divine? It would have been nice to have seen this happen at the end of the game. Even if they just make a cutscene showing what happened and release it as a video "the extended ending of DKS" or whatever it would be something.

Whilst Project E is a disapointment for me due to a couple of reasons that does not mean to say I won't be writing it off altogether. It still could be a potential purchase.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

Support
Support

Divinity 3 is still coming, just not as soon as people thought. Maybe Larian needed to do a smaller title first (blog post Organic development – how random ideas became strategy) so they will be able to make Divinity 3 as desired (The route to the very big RPG that will dwarf them all). Or maybe they wanted a break from the DD/DKS story line, or to try some things out. Dragon Commander started off as a small project for possible DLC and then grew into a full game.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Ah OK. That makes me feel a bit better knowing that we will see Divinity 3 eventually. It makes financial sense what Lar is doing to be able to make the Uber-RPG. By 2015 technology will have moved on to the next level and Lar can use it to make "the RPG to dwarf them all".

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

old hand
old hand
Divinity 3 will likely be on next-gen technology, 3D and multiplatform, the grand conclusion to the Divinity saga where we'll finally get to trounce Damian too.

enthusiast
enthusiast
It did not say that this RPG will be Divinity 3 but Larian - please let it be a full 3D 3rd or 1st person sequel to DKS. With dragons, lots of dragons. Use the idea from Project E and have two playable characters; the Divine and the DK. Both could have a playable role in the plot...

A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by Arokh
With dragons, lots of dragons.

I want Unicorns, lots of Unicorns !

wink

(But seriously ...)

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
enthusiast
enthusiast
The dragon thing in DKS is what made it different. More of the same would be good with obvious improvements to the gameplay as it had some flaws.

A
veteran
veteran
A
But no RPG has had Unicorns in them, especially no playable Unicorns ! wink

It would be "special, too ! wink

(Although quite a lot of male gamers would shed from it : "Girl's stuff" and so on ... The cliché says :

Dragons = for men
Unicorns = for women)

--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
enthusiast
enthusiast
Good point. smile

veteran
veteran
I want Unicorns too laugh !
It will become annoying to see how many different games(and game developers) meet(use) dragons !

Why not something original, unique & special, something different ?

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
A
veteran
veteran
A
Larian already had the Div II Goblins, which I found rather unique, too. And they feed off light ! wink

--Dilbert cartoon

veteran
veteran
Yeah, the Goblin, they're o so funny smile !!

A
veteran
veteran
A
Well, I found them rather creepy ... wink

But, okay, as characters they are kind of funny ... wink

--Dilbert cartoon

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard