Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Okay I'm not exactly thrilled at Original Sin's artstyle but I have to say that Dragon Commander looks AMAZING in terms of graphics and artstyle even if it is a bit cartoonish. I think the artstyle suits this game simply due to the setting.

The image below is bright colored but at the same time it has good lightning and the darkness works very well in contrast with the brightness. Meanwhile the water looks rather realistic and the scenario looks stunning.

[Linked Image]

Again the image below is bright colored but there's some darkness. Meanwhile the characters have rather detailed faces and while not looking realistic, they don't exactly look like they're out of a child's fantasy.

[Linked Image]

Don't know about the image below but that's one good looking elf if I do say so myself!

[Linked Image]

Another image. The window in the background looks highly detailed.

[Linked Image]

Throwing this image in because I think me and this geezer might get along very well.

[Linked Image]

Final image. Kinda cartoonish but the detail and lightning is superb and I dig the steampunk vibe to everything!

[Linked Image]

In comparison to Divinity 2, Dragon Commander is a massive set-up and graphically looks like it belongs on the 360 and PS3 and here's hoping it does come to them. Everything about the graphics is visually pleasing, smooth and easy on the eyes and thank God...no more blur! That was a problem that plagued the Broken Valley area in Divinity 2.

I think we can say that Dragon Commander will not only play unique but look unique too.

Last edited by Demonic; 10/06/12 08:32 PM.
addict
addict
It really does look freakin' fantastic doesn't it?

I think we're seeing more whimsical Alice-in-Wonderland-type character and creature designs for both new games coming out, but I am loving the game environments!

old hand
old hand
Yes, the footage from E3 also amazed me. All those clouds with the light shining through. Think in general I'm surprised by how good the light effects are.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard