Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#465199 29/04/13 08:47 AM
boe2 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Due to all the attention the Divinity series has been getting lately (kickstarter) I decided I have to play the first games (30 years old, and never played one), starting with Divine Divinity.
Just finished the first dungeon and my character is lvl 7 now (survivor). However, my deadly gift skill is confusing me.

The problem is: I can't select Deadly Gift as the active skill.
Well, I managed to select and use it once: I could pick deadly gift, then I could pick a trap. But i have no idea why it worked once, but not the dozen times I tried before and the many times I tried after.

So my guess is that I am unaware of some requirement for using this skill. Could someone clarify this for me?
Also, I took a healing spell from another class tree, is this a good thing to do, or should I stick to my own class skills?

I really love the game so far btw. It's sort of Diablo meets Elder Scrolls. If any developer happens to read this: letting us set our own map markers is awesome, please do it in D:OS as well smile

veteran
veteran
Hi,

for the skill Deadly Gift you need to have in your inventory at least 1 of 3 items: a Trailbomb, a Scorpion Trap or a Spider Egg. If you don't have nothing of this you can't use this skill.

It's a good idea to look to the skills of all classes, in fact a Divnity game is classless. But of course YOU can make your Own roleplay rules wink
With my current female hero I don't want to buy better gear and only use what she can find in the world via loot and quest rewards. And gonna try to use mostly daggers as weapon.

Funny thing is I'm playing DD still and on the moment my current hero is also a Survivor level 7 (female) smile
I invest a point in the Freeze spell
And in a few warrior skills as well wink

It's ALL up to You ! Happy hunting !

Joram

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Support
Support

When you select Deadly Gift as your active skill, a menu should pop up showing the available traps (as Joram said you need eggs for spider mines, sacks of explosive powder for trail bombs and scorpions for scorpion traps). Left clicking one of these icons will set that as the trap to use, after which you should be able to right click on the ground to create the corresponding trap, as long have the available material.

Yes, Restoration is handy for any character (you can also get a couple skill levels as quest rewards).

Free skills, and spell books you can buy

boe2 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Thanks for the explanation. I did have a trap-like item in my inventory, I was wondering where it went smile

stranger
stranger
Is it true that you can only get half the experience with the scorpion traps? I tried this on my second hand disk (just got yesterday) and it's pretty much a gamebreaker skill. So I revert to the gog version and just ignore that skill.

I think the disk version doesn't really have that much different from the digital version in terms of bugs.

Last edited by Kuroneko; 11/06/13 04:06 PM.

Elfarran | Archer/Mage Class | Hard
Support
Support

Some did claim they got half the experience, IIRC just after casting Aura of Command on scorpions, and some said otherwise. I think I may have tested this in the disk version of the game (and IIRC I got the same experience), but haven't in the download version.

stranger
stranger
So Aura of Command triggers the Half-Exp flag. I see.

Elfarran | Archer/Mage Class | Hard

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard