Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I read that, when you kill an animal, all the animals of the same species are hostile to you. So I choose to not kill any animal. But when I talk to the cat and he follows me, he attacks the bunnies. Can I kill them without worry?

PS: Sorry for my bad English
Support
Support

Yes, you can kill rabbits if you wish (and get some meat, which restores a bit of health); there are not that many in the game, anyway. I don't recall if rabbits turn hostile; they will hop away if there are 2 together and you kill one. IIRC rats are hostile to start with (though they do not attack you). Bread also restores a bit of health, and chicken restores mana (rats do not drop meat when defeated, and you probably wouldn't want to eat it if they did).

Primarily it is cats and dogs that people have an issue with turning hostile. Even if cats turn hostile the one in Aleroth that you can talk to will remain friendly. There is one hostile guard dog that can show up in a particular room (at an inn) if you do something in a certain way and then return.

IIRC I accidentally killed a cat trying to kill a rabbit before it did (it may not give much experience at the start of the game, but they were my experience points to take), but it deserved it so I didn't reload. I wouldn't have attacked dogs deliberately, but if they are going to attack me (starting at the inn) I didn't have a problem defending myself (and my first game I didn't realize the guard dog was always hostile, so I had the option to avoid returning if I wanted to forgo looting the place).

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
OK, thanks (But I don't know what IIRC means). I have looked and seen this: The rabbits (and the cows) don't have alignement. So I think they never turn hostile or friendly. Just there to be killed.

Edit: Thanks for the link. Sometimes, it's hard to see what means the acronym

Last edited by Ovnidemon; 06/05/13 05:58 PM.

PS: Sorry for my bad English
Support
Support

If I Recall Correctly

FYI: Acronym Finder

apprentice
apprentice
Is there a way to turn cats friendly again? Getting jumped from everywhere while in a city gets old fast smile

Support
Support

Not as far as I know. That reminds me there was something I was going to check, though...

stranger
stranger
Animals make Divinity alive and you don't really have to make them extinct suspicion

Elfarran | Archer/Mage Class | Hard

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard