Print Thread
#466770 30/05/13 10:42 AM
D
Delias Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I donated 100$ towards Divinity Original Sin through paypal during the kickstarter campaign (april 23rd, to be exact). Was I supposed to get some kind of confirmation email? I never ended up getting any of the emails about updates that my friend (who donated through kickstarter) got. Literally the only email I got was a paypal confirmation email confirming that the money was sent and recieved by Larian, Larian themselves sent me no emails. Am I missing something? I figured it would sort itself out eventually and ignored it, but I've STILL gotten no email or anything from Larian even confirming that I donated.

Support
Support

Larian is updating the Larian Vault to allow management of the tier rewards and kickstarter add-ons (some of which may be added to the online store), which is expected to be done in the next few weeks.

They can only send out one survey through kickstarter, so that will have to wait until closer to release (otherwise they would have to double check the addresses for everyone with physical goods, or deal with correcting orders for people that move in the meantime). When the updates to the Vault are done, there will presumably be a kickstarter update and an email notice sent out to all the Paypal backers.
See the recent kickstarter updates, or check back periodically for more.

Welcome to the forum. wave

Sounds odd, Kickstarter are the ones who send out emails about new updates from the projects you've backed, that you havent recieved any sounds like an error on their part. Larian themselves hasn't sent out any emails yet

veteran
veteran
watser - he backed through Paypal, not Kickstarter.

facepalm

old hand
old hand
It is normal that you won't get updates. This is sort of the pia about using paypal. I'm not sure there is an easy method for them to link paypal users to the kickstart mailing list (which is run by kickstart). I know with wasteland I had to send them email to request that they include me on updates and they come directly from xile (not via kickstart). I don't think Larian is quite to the point where they can handle this sort of thing (and the folks for project eternity are WAY behind).
-
I don't really have a direct answer to your question though I think an email to larian might be the ticket. I've always gotten fairly quick (2-3 day) responses from Larian over the years (I think my first email to them was around 2002 or 2003.

Last edited by meme; 30/05/13 02:36 PM.
D
Delias Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Originally Posted by meme
It is normal that snip

Oh alright fair enough thanks. I just wasn't sure if I was supposed to be getting them and wasn't.

veteran
veteran
Don't worry. You will get an e-mail when the Larian Vault update is done and every backer (kickstarter or paypal) will get an account there. smile

WOOS
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by meme
I'm not sure there is an easy method for them to link paypal users to the kickstart mailing list (which is run by kickstart).

I'm getting mails from the Dreamfall Chapters guys linking to the Kickstarter updates so I don't have to check the KS site all the time (since I backed through Paypal). Which is muchly appreciated.

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

It is a full moon night and ... bèèè! ... the Weresheep are out...
stranger
stranger
Since the last real update to this thread was almost a month ago, and it's been two months since I backed via Paypal, I'm throwing my hat in the "slightly worried 'bout what's going on" ring. It's been really quiet and without being on the list for Kickstarter updates, I've been left in the dark.

I've read that the management system should be up on the 24th (three days ago), but I'm not seeing any news or indication that that happened.

Not looking to be difficult, just want to be part it all.

addict
addict
Oh it is up you have to login in the larian vault and then you have to click on "D:OS Kickstarter" then there will be a confirmation mail and you get to see all your rewards smile

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by X-tasy
Oh it is up you have to login in the larian vault and then you have to click on "D:OS Kickstarter" then there will be a confirmation mail and you get to see all your rewards smile

I don't have a LarianVault account (or at least not one tied to the Paypal address I used to back this campaign), nor do I have any confirmation outside of Paypal's payment notice.

I tried to reset the password in case they did import Paypal backers to the vault, but it reports that the e-mail address isn't used for any account.

EDIT
----
I went ahead and registered for the vault anyway and as you said it was easy enough to get it going. (I'm used to systems failing if you take the initiative.) It would probably be a good idea to get e-mails out to Paypal backers that they can claim their support though.

Last edited by Freyar; 27/06/13 11:43 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Freyar

I went ahead and registered for the vault anyway and as you said it was easy enough to get it going. (I'm used to systems failing if you take the initiative.) It would probably be a good idea to get e-mails out to Paypal backers that they can claim their support though.

Larian said that they wanted a "silent start" for the system, I guess in order to test the system with less people.

But I'm quite sure that there will be an update soon which will introduce everyone (PayPal donators included) to the new backer fulfilment system. smile

Last edited by LordCrash; 27/06/13 11:51 AM.

WOOS
stranger
stranger
Naturally this means I must let my buddies know that they should probably claim their parts as well.

No biggy now that there's more than one place that confirms I've backed the development. I hope to see updates via mail soon smile

Last edited by Freyar; 27/06/13 11:51 AM.
stranger
stranger
Everything worked fine. Good work Larian!

FUL IR
Almost everything. I entered some descriptions for game content, and it turns out that the UI doesn't accept certain symbols - important symbols. So far it auto-erases the following "'", ":" and "!". The first one is really bad, since it's hard to write stuff like "Swen's" or "David's".

Other than that, I'm over the moon that the pledge site is up. Managing it is great fun. Thanks, David & co! smile

I got Comment 33,333 at the legendary Larian KS for D:OS

Link Copied to Clipboard