Print Thread
I
IceCybe Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I
I'm sorry for my terrible english.
In beta 1.0.93.9727 battle mode for dragon is not very interesting. of combat abilities have a standard attack is too weak and boring, and a pair of powerful skills that have long recharge. This is too small to good action.
Offering:
1. make a standard continuous attack (while there is power). significantly reduce range attack and greatly increase your attack power. in afterburner to go on a convoy of enemies and with a minimum height attack their deadly stream of fire, like napalm.
2. activation of the combat skills (imp buster, pillar of fire) to remove bind to specific target and aims for the area, like rockets
3. add a semblance of unguided bombs, causing great damage to the large area, but are difficult aims.
4. anti-air missile is too fast and difficult to evade, especially when it is not clear where they are. need make them slow down a little and do active indicator that would always be clear that the player pursues missle and where is it
5. opportunity to attack during afterburner

Last edited by IceCybe; 30/06/13 06:56 PM.
veteran
veteran
1. EDIT: I somehow managed to misunderstand what you were talking about. I like the idea of a powerup similar to the Armor-piercing and acid-breath ones. Maybe something which converts the attack into a constant firebreath weapon (possibly leaving a napalm puddle behind that does damage over time), but which overheats after say, 2.5 seconds of use sounds like a neat idea. It might be too late to add that in and balance it before release, though.

There currently is kinda a continuous attack, and I have some suggestions on that as well. You can hold down the attack button for continuous fire, but the fire rate when holding the button down is about 2-3 times slower than rapidly clicking the left mouse button, making it pretty useless for hitting targets that can fight back.

I do want the rate of fire when holding the button to be increased to match that of rapid clicking don't think reducing the range is needed. I don't think any changes to the range or overheat are needed for continuous fire, all I want is to match the speed of holding fire to that of rapidly clicking fire. If Larian thinks that holding fire at the same speed is too powerful without a tradeoff for some inexplicable reason, then you could increase the rate at which continuous fire overheats the Dragon.

4. Dodging isn't very helpful now, in part because of the large number of projectiles that shoot at you. I'm not sure making dodging easier will help that much.

Has anyone tried using the Dragon withOUT taking Scales of Steel? Any problems with survivability? Can you take on forces which include some anti-air? How long do you survive when doing that? Any tips for engaging groups with anti-air and surviving?

I
IceCybe Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I
Originally Posted by Stabbey
a constant firebreath weapon (possibly leaving a napalm puddle behind that does damage over time), but which overheats after say, 2.5 seconds of use

This is exactly what I meant. I think the real dragon should attack this way. Thank you.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Stabbey

Has anyone tried using the Dragon withOUT taking Scales of Steel? Any problems with survivability? Can you take on forces which include some anti-air? How long do you survive when doing that? Any tips for engaging groups with anti-air and surviving?

I tried it in my last game, if you avoid hunters you have a fighting chance, though not a very good one, also Scales of steel by itself is pretty weak, you really need to team it with the life force steal, or your still get taken down easily, the biggest problem I have though is running in and attacking and jetting out, and then running out of energy and getting hit by a barrage of missiles, and completely getting killed

Also I suggest the sabre Dragons Hit Points get upped to 2500, and the scales of steel increase it to 3250, and add in a power attack that deals a lot of damage, but is slow and doesn't have a lot of range, or to stabbys suggestion maybe the ability to blow a continuous stream of fire that has a good AOE but deals small damage, and doesn't overheat

Last edited by demidevil; 30/06/13 06:07 PM.

Moderated by  Issh, Larian_QA, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard