Print Thread
#468543 03/07/13 05:50 PM
S
Sordak Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
S
So the preorder map from what weve seen is the Dragons on Earth map.

So i wondered what does it entail? The Preorder image shows the world map in the background but how will it be represented in game?
Will we actually see *all* the countries of the world?

The Beta map is quite small and can be played through very fast but the whole earth? Thats huge.

Im realy interrested if we do indeed see smaller countries.
Beeing from Austria myself, i would not like to see us getting grouped up with Italy of all places again.

If we see smaller countries i wonder how they will be handled. For example crossing the entierty of Russia would take one turn, while crossing Europe would take a huge number of turns.

Also something i havent quite understood yet from the beta is if the maps are tied to the tiles. All i know so far is that the open sea always gets you the snow isles map.
But if on the preorder map im fighting in Africa i realy dont want to end up on a European looking map with icy mountains.

One more thing i would certainly find interresting if the population would be based on public opinion.
For example Dwarves in Northern America, Undead in the Southern America and maybe Italy, Elves in northern Europe, Lizards or Imps in swizerland and so on...

So how will all that work?
Id love some answers on that. Since ive always loved the idea of merging our earth with a fantasy setting, especialy if i get to conquer it.

Last edited by Sordak; 03/07/13 05:51 PM.
S
Sordak Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
S
no replies realy?
come on larian.

addict
addict
You can't expect the staff at Larian to answer individual posts, they are very busy with a month to game launch.

I say that big countries, like Russia, need to be split up into regions, along the lines of Europa Universalis.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
Support
Support

Also, they may not want to go into great detail about the map until closer to release, when it might get some additional attention for the game. Or they may plan to include more information about this map when they update the DC site with information about the rest of the maps in the game, or something.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard