Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Dagnome Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
but because the lobby system is broken I cant even invite people or see their games. It makes me sad frown When are we expecting a fix on the whole lobby/matchmaking issues? More specifically the whole only being able to see 10 games, all of which are full. ;p

Last edited by Dagnome; 11/07/13 08:32 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Dunno but if any of your friends don't have a beta key yet make sure they grab it from the alienware giveaway:

http://na.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/dragon-commander-closed-beta-key-giveaway

Dagnome Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Obviously the people I attempt to play with have a beta key....

stranger
stranger
I was trying to play with a friend earlier too, and having failed a few times noticed that we both saw completely separate lists of servers in the Internet tab. (We were both running the same version.)

We're in different countries...is the game doing something silly like sharding players onto different metaservers? Why? Intercontinental connections are actually surprisingly good these days.

Support
Support

There are issues with the matchmaking, but no deliberate restrictions. There should hopefully be a beta update tomorrow, though I don't know if the lobby issue (not showing all games) will be fixed by then (Do i have a Bug or or nobody online?).

stranger
stranger
Hmm. We were trying to connect directly via Steam's "invite game"/"join game" Friends overlay as well (since it seems to be implemented already), to no success. Does that mean there are two separate angles to this bug?
  • The matchmaker incorrectly only matchmakes with 10 games.
  • If you're not matchmade to a game, you cannot join it by any means(?)

Dagnome Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Lets hope so, the fact that we cant invite people to games is kind of crippling the experience for me, I love the game though so I am willing to wait for the fixes. I think they said they were try to get the update out tomorrow and then one next week as well, i think that's what they said on the live stream today.

stranger
stranger
Ok, we've got partial success. The actual connecting to each other's lobbies is now solved in v1.0.124.9727.

Unfortunately it bombs out for the non-host the moment the game starts, but I've sent off the crashdump for that, so maybe next patch for me, and Dagnome will have more luck. wink

Moderated by  Issh, Larian_QA, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard