Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
meme Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I haven't played much and didn't want to give a lot of feedback till I actually had a large block of time to play (probably saturday-sunday) but I wnated to make a few initial comments on user interface:

1) I'm not sure I like the 'hold' button down to move. Would it not be reasonable to simply click on the desire point of movement and have your character move there - you can 'cancel' by clicking on another location while moving.

2) Get all loot: After a large battle it would be nice if there was a pick up all loot key (I'm fairly sure DD had this - maybe it was Z)

3) rotation is a bit limited. I realize that this is due to the environment not being truly 3d but perhaps there is a chance the angle of rotation could be slightly greater.

4) mouse buttons: perhaps this is planned for the final version but would be nice to remap.

5) Quick list of hot keys: I don't think the option to set keyboard keys list all of the keys (commands). Would be nice if you could post the full list of commands (or maybe there is file that has them - i didn't have time to check the divinity folder last night)

6) Movement is a bit slow - i keep looking for a 'run' key.

7) Hot key to switch between your characters (I know you can do this by clicking)
-
I think that is all so far I'm sure once I've played a bit more I will have additional comments (or even remove some of these comments) - btw getting the tool tip on the last 'thing' in a list such as attribute is a bit painful - the game has difficulty registering on the list item of any list.
-
Most of the above is very minor but annoying also i recognize that some of the bullet items are opinionated (what I find natural someone else might find unnatural).

N
addict
addict
N
Some comments:

1) You don't need to hold the button down, just click at a location and the char will walk to it (although sometimes you have to click multiple times to make it move)

2) Seconded.

3) The environment *is* 3D, but limiting the angle of rotation simplified the map design process (or so I've heard).

4) 5) The full list of keybindings is in the Divinity - Original Sin\Data\PlayerProfiles\Eoc\inputconfig.xml file

I think the mouse buttons are remappable by changing the <IE_Action1 pikey="MOUSEBUTTON1" binding smile

6) Noticed this as well.

stranger
stranger
Since others are much better at bugfinding than I am, I just wanted to comment that I love the interface font. The Caslon-esque, 18th century style font works so well for a fantasy rpg, and it gives this game a nice flavor. Please keep it! smile

stranger
stranger
I also like the font but an option to increase the size would be great.

stranger
stranger
there are too bright colors. in hud, somewhat distracting .. minimap also

stranger
stranger
What i'd like are more Skillslots. Especially as a Mage i have so many Spells but only 10 Slots.

+1 for a "Loot all" Button. Some items on the ground are really hard to see/pick up, even with their name displayed with the Alt key.

Also please make ALT highlight all Items you can interact with.

journeyman
journeyman
You can make your character run/walk fast if you zoom out a bit and then click mouse farther away from he character. So its if you click close to the character it walks if farther - it runs. It also depends how much zoomed in you are.

Link Copied to Clipboard