Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
veteran
veteran
There should be a word for when someone deliberately attempts to derail a thread by introducing irrational accusations of sexism. Like Godwin for any mention of Hitler.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Seriously, people complaining about shoes in an isometric game?

Originally Posted by Fiach
Seriously, people complaining about shoes in an isometric game?
I can understand that this is breaking immersion for some people. Isometric or not, it is very clear that Scarlett is wearing high heels. smile

Weresheep of Original Sin: Facebook | homepage (WIP wink )
sheep is the plural of sheep oops
stranger
stranger
Larian should make the game look and feel the way they want.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Alphamonkee

[/THREAD]

Obviously, they should do whatever the f*** they want. :hihi:

I just think it should be understandable that some people have their reasons for not liking stiletto heels. I somewhat agree with a few, I strongly disagree with others, but that is besides the point. People are allowed to voice their opinions in a polite, respectful and constructive manner. I also think that they must understand that their opinion might be a minority. There is however no reason to create spammy posts that keep on iterating the same point. I am sure that Larian is perfectly capable of interpreting the different opinions listed in a thread like this, and in the end decide to do what they seem fit*. wink

*see opening sentence :hihi:

Weresheep of Original Sin: Facebook | homepage (WIP wink )
sheep is the plural of sheep oops
R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
Originally Posted by Kein

[/THREAD]

[/ALPHA]

Larian want feedback, if that feedback is they are making people uncomfortable then so long as there's potential to make changes at this stage then it is potentially useful.

veteran
veteran
Yes, minority's personal opinion and preferences is very important. It is good that all these people who are absolutely okay with current design in aspect discussion do not post on forums saying "I'm okay with this" because they did spam it to hell.

old hand
old hand
But if they don't post then the "I'm not ok with this" woudl dominate frown
-
How do they know if everyone dislikes the high-heels ?

Naturally I'm not going to add my opinion either way because this is just too minor an issue with regards to the major issues yet to be tackled and if I had a strong opinion on either side of the fence I rather they spend time with the major issues rather than the minor issues. So in that since I guess I do have an opinion and in my opinion this is a minor issue among the sea of major issues.

Originally Posted by Kein
Yes, minority's personal opinion and preferences is very important. It is good that all these people who are absolutely okay with current design in aspect discussion do not post on forums saying "I'm okay with this" because they did spam it to hell.

journeyman
journeyman
I agree high-heels are silly. She would get stuck in sand every step of the way. Also considering she has to walk over boulders, rocks and stuff.. high-heels are totally wrong type of a shoe for her lol.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Cutter =>
Disproportioned armor. She couldn't fit in, just look at the size difference. Also her ribs would be crushed by her chest if she wears male breastplates, since they are designed for flat chests. And women can't carry as much as men, so a man armor would be too heavy. Shall I continue ?

Aaaaaaaaaanyway...
This debate is silly. We have a mountain of bugs to find, and we are arguing about shoes. SHOES. We are saying SHOES are not politicaly correct. What's next ? Asking Larian to remove the shirtless skin of Roderick because "it is too stereotypically manly" ? Shorten Scarlett's hair because "it's too girly" ? Please.
Even in real world, there are things women wear and men don't, and things men wear and women don't. They want high heels ? Go for it.

The only "no-high-heels" which speak truth is Dragomist. Because he didn't say "it's sexist", he said "it's weird, because she has to walk on sand and boulders".

And I agree with Alphamonkee. Larian Studio should do the game how they want it.

stranger
stranger
Call me silly, but I'm just glad I don't feel objectified playing the game. The female armor is form fitting but not overly sexualized, the chick doesn't have massive FF size boobs, and she isn't put in a position where she's blatantly submissive, as others have pointed out.

Larian, for what my one post is worth...if you like the boots, I say keep them. They may break immersion for some, but for me personally, there's definitely worse things you could have done to women in the game. Thank you for your creative direction. smile

A
stranger
stranger
A
I'm one of the ones in favor of an option for a practical shoe. Doesn't need to displace the current one or anything, but I like the option to customize to something easier to fight in. I've practiced martial arts in high heels before (training and teaching for self defense applications) and while there are ways to use that shoe in a fight to one's advantage (it makes a mean foot stomp), it seems a bit silly to think that a career warrior who has to fight on lots of terrains would never feel the need to kick off the heels.

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
I'm also in favour of the practical shoe option.

Not a big deal

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Being a female myself I LOVE wearing high-heels! But to be honest, if I had to fight orcs, hike through the wilderness, perform magic spells etc., I would probably still stick to wearing flat shoes... This is just because I do not want to worry about breaking my ankle every time I step on a slippery surface^^

Having said this, seeing high heels on scarlett is just funny - so it would be great to see some practical shoes options, but it is just cosmetic which surely could be modded once the game is released.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Ever hear the expression the customer is always right? Well, we are the customer. And in business it's not about what you want, it's what the customer wants. Don't deliver and guess what? You're not in business for long.

No one's saying she can't have high heels, or bikini chainmail - it's obvious the undereducated, desperate tween males in this thread need it wherever they can find it. Simply that the some of us, being considerably more progressive and enlightened, don't approve of obvious sexual stereotyping. I want to see women prance around in high heels and lingerie I'll take a look at a Victoria's Secret catalog. In a CRPG I don't want my female protagonist to have to use her sex as a weapon. My female mage is interested in unlocking the secrets of the Universe, not prancing around in high heels. You little boys in this thread need to grow up.

Midget Soothsayer robs Bank! Small Medium at Large!
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Abbie
Larian, for what my one post is worth...if you like the boots, I say keep them. They may break immersion for some, but for me personally, there's definitely worse things you could have done to women in the game. Thank you for your creative direction. smile

GENTLEMAN AND SCHOLAR

Ever hear the expression the customer is always right? Well, we are the customer.

As a customer you are free to do not buy the product and withdraw the pledge. Door is right there, have a nice day, nobody will miss you.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I like high heels, is this going be one of those cases where you complain about "High heels" and "Unprotective armour" in a Fantasy Video Game with Magic. I mean really.

To further that notion since this is the same thing you guys are doing. "I want High heels for male characters.I want to dress my Male wizard up like a Princess with pretty silk pumps and a ball gown. why must men always wear bulky practical clothing"

Last edited by Argol228; 21/12/13 08:57 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Cutter
Ever hear the expression the customer is always right? Well, we are the customer. And in business it's not about what you want, it's what the customer wants. Don't deliver and guess what? You're not in business for long.

No one's saying she can't have high heels, or bikini chainmail - it's obvious the undereducated, desperate tween males in this thread need it wherever they can find it. Simply that the some of us, being considerably more progressive and enlightened, don't approve of obvious sexual stereotyping. I want to see women prance around in high heels and lingerie I'll take a look at a Victoria's Secret catalog. In a CRPG I don't want my female protagonist to have to use her sex as a weapon. My female mage is interested in unlocking the secrets of the Universe, not prancing around in high heels. You little boys in this thread need to grow up.

Wow, your raging, accusations and insults really make you sound more small-minded and not like a grown up enlightened and educated human beeing that is capable of holding a serious discussion.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by Larzare
Originally Posted by Cutter

Wow, your raging, accusations and insults really make you sound more small-minded and not like a grown up enlightened and educated human beeing that is capable of holding a serious discussion.

^^ This ^^

Seriously, its shoes in a fantasy game.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard