Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hakea Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all,

I've hit a wall with the quest to find Evelyn, but I'm not sure whether it's bugged or if I've just missed something. Here's what I've done so far:

a) Done enough with Esmeralda to get her to point the finger at Evelyn
b) Done the same with Thelyron , who tells me to check her pouch in the next room and also suggests that we look to see if she's at her house.
c) Collected her pouch which simply say "ingredient" and doesn't seem to be openable.
d) Found a key next to the pouch, but it's not for her house. It's for Thelyron's back room/bedroom. Searching his room - desk, chest, wardrobe, floor, etc - seems to yield only generic loot.

Does anybody know if I should I be able to get hold of her key somewhere, please?

I'm also stuck at the four Watcher Statues on the clifftop.

I've spoken to them all and then picked a fight with them. Water, Air and Fire each spawned a monster which could be defeated to yield some sort of "Essence of" item.

However, the final statue, Earth, which prompts me to jump off the cliff (if I recall correctly) won't generate a monster for us to fight. Unfinished code at this stage, or have I just not found the right way of provoking it?

Apart from that it's gone reasonably OK. Lots of spots where you keep getting multiple free XP, but that's already well known. Also the cave after killing the orcs on the beach seemed rather buggy. When I returned to town it would crash every time I attempted to save, no matter which portal I arrived by or where I saved. Eventually re-did most of the cave and then managed to escape and save successfully. Exiting via the cave entry always led to some kind of training/building area, and not back to the beach though, as others have reported.

Any tips on Evelyn or the statues would be appreciated. Thanks.

veteran
veteran
1. Does it not work if you
Right-click Evelyn's pouch to open it?

You need to cast Earth magic near the statue. Poison dart will do.

Hakea Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Stabbey for such a quick and useful reply.

1. When I tried that before it didn't work (That sounds like a lame excuse but, no, it really didn't work. Honestly!...See below.). But after reading your tip, I tried again and found out more:

If I looked more carefully when I right clicked on the pouch it showed an open barrel graphic for a tiny fraction of a second. Almost too quick to see, and too fast to see if there was anything in it. So there was definitely some kind of bug there.

However, if I reloaded a previous save and did the Thelyron routine again I did get it to work - but only if I opened the pouch immediately after picking it up. Then it would open normally. If I searched anything else first - for instance looking in the chest in Thelyron's bedroom - then it went back to being buggy again and I couldn't open it or retrieve the contents.

Weird. I wonder if that's just on my game or if it's reproducible?

Thanks for pointing out that it should work, and prompting me to keep trying.

2. I thought that would be the right approach but I just couldn't find the right tool amongst the party.

I'm not that familiar with which spell belongs to which group, but I have a pretty good idea who will sell us a scroll for the spell you mention, so we'll pay him a visit and grab one.

Thanks again for your swift and accurate help. thankyou

veteran
veteran
If you figure out what to do with this 4 "Essence of" items please send me a pm! Maybe its not in the aplha Version but maybe it had do do something with this 2 burial mouths and the levers there. I split my party so I see that the lever in one side have effect in the other side. Maybe I have do to something with the essences there?

Alixdragon -==(UDIC)==-
Der einzige Mensch, der Dir im Weg steht, bist Du.
Support
Support

There is currently an issue opening any container in your inventory if you move too far away from where it was picked up (the 'auto-close container if you walk away' kicks in, so you only see the container window for a split second). If you drop the container on the ground again, you will be able to open it (there or after picking it up).

Hakea Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Raze

There is currently an issue opening any container in your inventory if you move too far away from where it was picked up (the 'auto-close container if you walk away' kicks in, so you only see the container window for a split second). If you drop the container on the ground again, you will be able to open it (there or after picking it up).

Thanks Raze. Good to know that it's not just me.

Hakea Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Alix
If you figure out what to do with this 4 "Essence of" items please send me a pm! Maybe its not in the aplha Version but maybe it had do do something with this 2 burial mouths and the levers there. I split my party so I see that the lever in one side have effect in the other side. Maybe I have do to something with the essences there?

If you know the general method with the lever puzzle then you might still be mixing up Air and Water. The symbols aren't very clear. One looks like either a puddle of Water or a cloud (Air) and the other could also be interpreted as meaning either Air or Water. I got them the wrong way round initially. It all worked fine once I had them right. I haven't found a particular use for the essences.

stranger
stranger
As for the 4 essences.

If I recall .. one of the alchemy/Dead bodies Tomes/books, described the essence as being used in the crafting of items, it may have been to create the relevant elemental spell scroll corresponding to the essence .. though it s a few days since a skimmed through those books.

I've not tried crafting a scroll yet (requires a magical ink-pot and quill .. I guess you have to combine the ink-pot/quill combo with pixie dust to make it a magical item, akin to the amulets, then use it on the paper ...whether or not it's implemented in this build, I have no idea.
Or what level of crafting is required (or it could be linked to the as yet implemented sourcery skill, or stats in wizardsy)

Last edited by Bootneck; 10/02/14 12:26 PM.
veteran
veteran
The burial mounds puzzle is quite hard. You'll probably need to use a pen and paper to figure out how it works.

Link Copied to Clipboard