Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
A bunch of bugs:

- Jahan used Become Air and the chat log said “regained 40 Vitality” that wasn’t listed in the spell effects. It also boosted his maximum vitality substantially.

- I was unable to talk to Visco after the Sparkmaster fight. I did cast Fortify on him, and he was burning after the thing died and ran off, but he survived

- I was unable to cross the shallow stream at x:137 y:339, even though there's clearly a path there that looks no different from the other places I was able to cross.

- A Thug in the woods near the west beach uses Nullify Resistance [E] on something. It doesn’t seem to do anything to us, and if they used it on themselves that’s just silly.

- If an enemy uses “Make Invisible”, you should not be able to see their little circles under their feet. Kinda defeats the point if you know which direction to chuck the fireball.

- The 719 454 couch in the black cult hideout doesn’t grant healing when you sit in it.

- The Baron of Bones dialogue triggers in the middle of the stairs, so that’s where you start when the fight starts.

- Before I took my first move in battle, I got a request for someone to join, so I enabled Friends, and the guy joined. It loaded for him, but he had no skills. Reloading to an earlier game fixed that.

- I fired Madora so my co-op partner could recruit her, which worked. He left, but after that, I was unable to talk to Madora. It wouldn’t work.

journeyman
journeyman
- a bug concerning the "Rush" skill: if you us the skill and an enemy or destroyable object is in its way th character will stop at this point. As soon as the characters round ends he will be teleported to the point you used/pointed "Rush" on

-you can not throw objects over trap triggers, it will trigger nonethelless

-if you resurrect the dog at Jakes grave (I forgot the name) you can not talk to him anymore, however the dog still walks around an talks. If you try to talk to it without "Pet Pal" the game says: "You can talk to animals with the perk Pet Pal" (something similar to that)

Spiegelberg! He, Spiegelberg! Die Bestie hoert nicht.
stranger
stranger
Added this to the steam forum, but I'm posting it here too, just for good measure.
Found a (reproducable) visual bug with a trap. It soesn't happen every time.

In the cellar of the tavern, drop a waterbarrel on the poison gas trap. It triggers the fireball trap at the entrance, but sometimes it'll keep "looping" the explosion animations until you trigger the trap again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHPadvZsVC4&feature=share&list=UUcc9IebY4Ji6_xBOwm0y6TA

Also this inventory bug:
I'm talking to a vendor in the market, but notice the character I'm using (the woman) has few gold. So I quit the dialogue, open inventory, and drag the gold from the women character to the man character. This triggers the vendor to yell for the guards like I'm stealing from someone. They talk to me, and I choose the option to "give it back". The guards leave, but when opening the inventory again, neither characters have any money left ... I guess I'm broke now laugh

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Endre
- I opened a chest and dragged something on the portrait of my other character. the icon of the stuff changed to a chest icon and I was not able to give it. After that I clicked back in the open chest container window and the real chest was suddenly destroyed. This was in the hidden room of Esmeralda.

Check if the chest didn't end up in someone's inventory. It weights 50, so you really don't want it in there wink
- stuff by NPCs is changing too fast. I exited the dialog just to talk to him with another character who had money and he had suddenly other stuff on him

They generate shops apparently once per character. So you can reset each vendor 3 times by using your other teammates. I already reported this. That indeed means with the current trade bugs if you see a nice item you want and don't have money, and the character with money HASN'T interacted with the vendor yet, you need to manually transfer the money and try again rather than having that character talk to the vendor and reset it's inventory.
Until that's fixed anyway. There are many issues it seems with the trading.
- I heard animal sounds (which belong to the surface) underground below graveyard

Which animal sounds. The tunnels are below the city, so it makes sense. Can't confirm or deny myself since I mostly have no soundeffects at all to listen to (*sigh*).
- I got a Skype call during play, so I alt+tab there and it crashed the game

Odd. I alt+tab over a hundred time out of game each session (it's how I keep my buglist, just getting out the game, write it in the .txt then move on and once the session is over post in my thread). Have you checked if it does the same without Skype? Or Skype on but no call?
- trade icon is active even if an NPC don't have anything

It seems 'low' items setting can have nothing. I've had people without anything after a savegame or using earlier mentioned bug get some gold or other items.
But yeah, I agree everyone should get atleast some gold if you can trade with them.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Something I noticed out of the ordinary, I dont know if its on purpose of not.

When killing a rat, Roderic gave me a lecture about killing innocents ? Seriously, rats are bringers of plagues ? can they be consided innocents ? O_o What if someone is bitten by a zombie rat?

I also noticed if I talked to the two dogs wondering outside the city gates to the west, I talked with Jan (companion) and the dogged talked to him saying he will only speak with Sorce hunters. Jan didnt have petpal.

Last edited by Marls; 09/04/14 08:13 PM.
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Did you have Pet Pal? Maybe if you do, rats are considered NPC's?

M
stranger
stranger
M
Oh yes, Roderic did have Petpal, would that be the reason ?

journeyman
journeyman
2 more bugs I came across:
(you see the location on the screenshots)

-the AI of the undead mage especially at this location seems to be broken (sometimes undead mages at other locations behave similarly): most of the time he walks around doing nothing, not before you walk near enough to him, he starts attacking you and healing himself if necessary

-the other bug is concerning the hitboxes of rocks. They seem to be bigger than it should be

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Spiegelberg! He, Spiegelberg! Die Bestie hoert nicht.
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
More co-op bugs:

In co-op only, I've noticed a control issue in battle. When my turn starts, I can't do anything until I click the screen. That wakes it up and it realizes that it's their turn, after which moving the mouse cursor properly shows the AP/targeting indicators. That was an issue in one version of the single-player alpha, but in the beta it's only shown up in co-op.

I, the host, was controlling Edward and Madora. My partner was controlling Jahan and Josephina. We got into a battle, during which Edward and Madora both died, leaving me with no characters under my control. Jahan summoned an Ice Elemental, which I think confused the game, because my partner was kicked out of control of Josephina, it reverted to me. My partner was still in the game, he was just stuck controlling only Jahan. After the battle, I was controlling both Source Hunters and Madora, he was just controlling Jahan. Alas, his clever plan to have me fire and re-hire Madora did not work as she refused to talk to him because he was not a Source Hunter.

Originally Posted by Stabbey

- I fired Madora so my co-op partner could recruit her, which worked. He left, but after that, I was unable to talk to Madora. It wouldn’t work.

This bug persists across saved games. Even without a partner in the game, my character Edward cannot talk to Jahan, only Josephina can (my co-op partner)

Last edited by Stabbey; 10/04/14 02:53 AM. Reason: bug
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Co-op is not in a fit state to be played at this time. I'm giving up until a patch.

Several times, over and over, one or both of us has experienced being unable to move or act at all, only being able to end turn. That makes combat pretty much impossible. We had the Huge Twin on the ropes, I had taken the charred idol down, there were only a couple baddies left on the field... except Jahan was bugged and could not act.

If a player joins in the middle of combat, they get a blank skillbar.

I can no longer talk to Jahan since starting co-op, even in single-player.

Hi Hassat,
- the chest was really destroyed, not disappeared. I heard the sound effect and saw the peaces on the ground.
- with animal sounds I mean goat, cow, dog, chicken... I think it would be better to hear rats, bats, sudden strange but not freaking noises, such things while underground.
- I now think the trading icon is not that bad, since the NPCs still might be able to repair or identify items.
- I'll test this with Skype again. Now that I remember it was so that I got the call, wanted to go back and exit the game during call was on, and then it crashed. but I test again.

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
- Clipping bug inside the home stead quarters area.

You can move in there as it would'nt be there.
[Linked Image]

- After fights that involve heavy use of fire spells and/or effects caused by ignited surfaces the characters somtimes start somking like they are on fire. Maybe the effect simply didn't vanish when the burning status went off.

This effect stays until you reload.
[Linked Image]

- The reward chest for the Ebenezer quest appears everytime you talk to him.
[Linked Image]

- Bleeding causes fire damage? At least the tooltip states so.
[Linked Image]

- Characters spot something infront of the church but there is nothing?
[Linked Image]

veteran
veteran
@ Stabbey; Are you sure chat is simply not enabled? It closes clicking anywhere in the game, and only then can you act.
I agree it's not ideal, but it could explain almost all of the mentioned issues 0_o

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
@ Stabbey; Are you sure chat is simply not enabled? It closes clicking anywhere in the game, and only then can you act.
I agree it's not ideal, but it could explain almost all of the mentioned issues 0_o

I do not think it's the chat, because I noticed that having chat up can disable clicking elsewhere - it was kinda hard to miss. So stuff like that happened, I got in the habit of minimizing the chat window. I definitely tried that and it didn't help.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Loadrunner
- Had a weird bug with auto walking of a non active character. When i approached the Cyseal city gate for the first time my leading character was Scarlett followed by Roderick who had to catch up because his walking path got blocked by patrolling guards. Cause i know most of the things Arhu has to say i skipped most of it and choose 'Take my leave'. Just that moment Roderick catched up and came near Scarlett. But instead of stopping near by, he started wandering off into the city without my doing.

This bug is reproduceable. Just make sure there is certain distance between the two characters like Scarlett standing near the bridge and Roderick on the way leading down the to beach fight. Then reconnect both chars so Roderick catches up. In the meantime use Scarlett to engage the conversation with Arhu and choose 'Take my leave'.

Thanks for the detailed info. We had trouble reproducing this one, but we can now thanks to this. One of the funniest bugs in a while as well!

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I was engaging the Mysterious Stranger in two places at once in the burial mounds.

- Not a bug, but seriously, the "I have a good feeling about this lever" hints are ridiculous handholding.
- The Mysterious Strangers still use the default Roderick and Scarlett portraits.
- I hasted Madora and opened her stats to check her AP count. I noticed that her Fire Resistance was -10%, from the Haste, I imagine, but when I moused over that, I only sat +10% from Way of the Warrior. The reason for the -20% was not listed.
- Then, inexplicably, still with Madora's stats window still open, Madora said "Oh, our enemies have lain a trap for us", then there was a "Rank Tunnel" area popup, and then Madora suddenly was in some netherworld across the map for no reason (x517, y54). She rejoined the party after entering the secret trap door

Waypoints:

The "Cyseal East" waypoint should be renamed "Cyseal Northwest", and the "Cyseal Beach East" one, being not on the beach, should be called something else like "Cyseal Cliffs East".

Last edited by Stabbey; 10/04/14 02:50 PM. Reason: waypoints
veteran
veteran
Something needs to be tweaked with the burning ship at the beginning of the game. When playing co-op, the second player has to rush past the first (who is locked in a discussion with Arhu) just to reach the docks in time to put the fires out. When playing solo, this isn't an option. The only way I've been able to complete this event successfully (while solo) is by running up to the ship from the outside of the city (thus avoiding the conversation with Arhu) and casting a rain spell while standing on the shores of the beach.

This never used to be a problem, but now the event is triggering well before players enter the town for the first time.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Stabbey
- The Mysterious Strangers still use the default Roderick and Scarlett portraits.

Are they supposed to look like us then? They don't look remotely like my PC's, so I figured the default look and portraits were intentional, although cloning would be more awesome smile

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter

I just played another co-op session, making sure to close the and this time combat went smoothly. Maybe it was the chat log being up? I dunno.

That said, he failed to connect several times, and I had to reload my game before it worked.

- In the living quarters of the Homestead, there's a gazebo thing with fire on top. It looks important, but I guess it's just decoration. You can walk through it.

R
RtM Offline
R
Might be a bug. Might be me being awful.

I'm stuck in the Observatory/Main Hall area. I feel that I've done everything there is to do, which is not much other than speaking to a couple of people and picking up things. Anywho, the teleporter refuses to work when I attempt to use it. It's also not lit up like the teleporter that takes me between places.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard