M
Mikus Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
M
Originally Posted by Fluffy
I would really love to see this:
1. Any sort of pause. Especially in combat when someone distracts you and you may lose turns.
2. There are so many keys in my bag, it is all very confusing now. Some of them I don't need anymore, but I'm afraid to throw them away, because some definately were not used. It would be great if keys didn't take so much space in bags. My English fails me here, sorry, there is a word for a thing but I forgot it. Bunch of keys? hmm...
3. I wish bottles, cuttlery and crafting materials would stack.

The whole "pause" idea in 1. got me thinking - I'd like to be able to interrupt/pause a character while he/she is moving during combat. This could be useful when you realize too late (i.e. after you've already clicked a location to move the PC) that the PC is going to path through damage tiles and/or waste action points moving to the wrong location because of the current problems targeting enemies. But better pathfinding/enemy targeting may make this suggestion unnecessary.

And 2. (a "key ring") and 3. are already in the OP - both changes have my and many others' votes, so here's hoping.

Originally Posted by motoko
Oh sorry I didn't waited for so long. I assumpted when it's turn based you have an infinite amount of time to do your turn. If that is wrong and you get a force end turn that's strange. :-/

Ahhhh - so that's what that whole "Force End Turn!" message I've occasionally seen with enemies means. I guess I've been too quick choosing turn actions myself to see it happen to my party, but it seems like in the cases I've seen with enemies, about 30 seconds pass with the enemy doing nothing (AI/pathfinding glitch?) before their turn is forced to end. Maybe Larian intended this mechanic to move things along in co-op if one player isn't paying attention? But I wouldn't like to run into it in a single-player game - the whole point of turn-based combat is to allow the player to take his/her time planning/adjusting their battle strategy, right?

Last edited by Mikus; 08/04/14 09:16 PM.
P
stranger
stranger
P

Originally Posted by Mikus
Right, and I'd also like it if the inventory/skills windows "remembered" their locations on screen the next time you opened them.

I second that. Can't remember how many times I have already dragged that inventory window.

M
Mikus Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
M
This is probably just a bug/animation glitch, but has anyone had the issue where attempting to pick up an item immediately after having picked up another item causes your character to play the "picking something up" animation, without actually taking the second item?

P
stranger
stranger
P
I've had it too. It happens everytime there's many things to pick up and I'm too hasty on my clicking.

veteran
veteran
They should have done something against that with the latest patch I think. But I haven't really found too many close-cluttered items to really test that. It does seem to work quite a bit smoother atleast, if not fully effective.

M
Mikus Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
M
Pitheco/HH, thanks for confirming I'm not the only one seeing this - it's not a big deal, but it is a small annoyance I hope they eventually fix.

Here are some things would be nice to be changed/added to UI:

- pls give the option to make the enemy level invisible, so that the game can be a bit extra fun. ;-)
- key-ring as a container, so that it can be opened and one can review his keys. but opening locks should work just like now automatically
- pls don't allow us to see the name of the stuff with 'alt' in a closed/unreachable location, it would be much surprise first to get in and than see what we find
- +1 vote for rotatable characters during char generation

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/
M
Mikus Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
M
Originally Posted by Endre
+1 vote for rotatable characters during char generation

Yeah, I've been hoping for this too. Also, though it'd really only be a cosmetic change (since in the final game you'll apparently be able to edit everything - including starting skills - for every preset "class"), I would like an additional "classless" option at character creation, which would not yet have any stat/ability/talent/skill points/options assigned. I'd choose that every time, as I find I never quite want to go with any of the 11-12 preset "class" loadouts precisely as configured.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Pitheco/HH, thanks for confirming I'm not the only one seeing this - it's not a big deal, but it is a small annoyance I hope they eventually fix.

Yeah, me too. It might be just a small thing but IMHO it's small things like these that makes the gameplay feel well polished and responsive.

Here are some things would be nice to be changed/added to UI:

- pls give the option to make the enemy level invisible, so that the game can be a bit extra fun. ;-)
- key-ring as a container, so that it can be opened and one can review his keys. but opening locks should work just like now automatically
- pls don't allow us to see the name of the stuff with 'alt' in a closed/unreachable location, it would be much surprise first to get in and than see what we find
- +1 vote for rotatable characters during char generation

Key ring is already in the list, but otherwise +1 for all that, specially for the "seeing things with 'alt' in closed locations". In fact, I think it would be nice if only the things your characters can see would be highlighted, but maybe it's a little too much trouble to implement right now.

I also wonder if the behavior of roofs vanishing when you get close to then is final or not... Currently it will disappear and let you see everything inside the house/building even if you're nowhere near a door or window. That is sort of immersion breaking to me.

ps. I have fond memories of Divine Divinity, where you *could* see inside buildings while being outside, but only if you used Wizard's Sight. I loved that spell by the way. smile

old hand
old hand
I might have missed it in one of the previous posts, but has it been mentioned yet that it would be helpful to see the text from pop up boxes and NPC floating text in the conversation history window? While I was doing the tutorial, I missed what one of the popup boxes said about a chest and couldn't find a way to find it again other than reloading. The same goes for any floating text given by NPCs. It just disappears too quickly sometimes and there is no way to see it from what I can tell.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
P
stranger
stranger
P
I think I've read it somewhere, maybe in another topic, about the floating texts disappearing too quickly. But yeah, +1 for that again.

+1 vote for rotatable characters during char generation

Yeah, I've been hoping for this too. Also, though it'd really only be a cosmetic change (since in the final game you'll apparently be able to edit everything - including starting skills - for every preset "class"), I would like an additional "classless" option at character creation, which would not yet have any stat/ability/talent/skill points/options assigned. I'd choose that every time, as I find I never quite want to go with any of the 11-12 preset "class" loadouts precisely as configured.

This is exactly what I would like to see, the totally classless character generation. However the system is very good already, but this one is still missing. Starting without any presets.

ps. I have fond memories of Divine Divinity, where you *could* see inside buildings while being outside, but only if you used Wizard's Sight. I loved that spell, by the way. smile

I can remember that spell, it was really cool! Now I can imagine to see through windows, when the character is next to it or clicks on it, and only see a part of the inner place.

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
veteran
veteran
I find it very annoying that roofs stay when moving the camera over there, forces you to do a lot of additional stuff if you just want to go indoors (say from the inn to the mayor's house for the catquest), and a camera full of roof isn't really interesting to watch.

I would've agreed with the floating, I even mentioned it in my own thread. But now that I met a few NPC's who do enter the log (say Katriana at the market)... and they say their line. Every. 10. Seconds, causing a big pile of the same line in the log, I would want that with the qualification that a line wont be duplciated (so if Katriana says her line 10 times it will log once, then neglect all 9 others till the line has been wiped from the log entirely.

M
Mikus Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
M
Windemere - yeah, I missed a few of those quick floating NPC dialogues too. But it does seem some of these actually do get recorded in the combat log - which as HH mentioned, causes another problem, as the log becomes filled with them when they're repeated. So it looks like a little more work still needs to be done here in terms of consistency/convenience.

As for the pop-up tips/dialogues, many games have a "record text to journal"-type option for later reference, which would be nice. Unfortunately, it may be a little late to implement something like that (as you'd need a new text journal/diary system). I dunno.

stranger
stranger
I'd also like the font-size and alpha of the Log window to be configurable and editable. I find the font is too big and that that the log is mostly unreadable unless I hover over it and it darkens. It would also be nice if it remembered the position and size of the window when I move it.

I'd like NPC "floating text" to be recorded in the log as well. Sometimes I see half a sentence on the screen and think... "what did he say?" and I'd love to be able to glance at the log.

veteran
veteran
I don't remember who said it or where, but someone had a surprisingly simple, yet great idea:

The existing trading interface would be almost ideal for transferring things between party members.
  • You could see what the other person has
  • You could transfer items to them in bulk instead of dragging them over one at a time
  • Possibly, you could even make use of the convenient Identify and Repair buttons there somehow, if one of your other party members has points in a skill that you don't.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement it, though AND have it work for both single player and co-op. You'd need two "Okay" buttons in co-op instead of the single one used for merchants.

New one for the list:

If a merchant has a stack of items for sale, the price listed should be for ONE of the items, not the entire flipping stack.

M
Mikus Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
M
Originally Posted by Stabbey
I don't remember who said it or where, but someone had a surprisingly simple, yet great idea (etc.)

I also really liked this - but like you said, not sure if it'd be too much to bring in now. But at least the idea's out there, so we'll see.

They could remove the shadows of the characters when they sleep. Now they look levitating, without shadows they would look normal.

M
Mikus Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
M
This is kind of a bug/glitch as well as a control issue, but moving containers over stairways and other inclines often results in the containers getting shifted to and even "stuck" at a vertical plane higher than the surrounding floor. I assume Larian is working on this, but just throwing it out there.

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin
  1. Junk bag will be awesome. Just allow players to tag items as junk. And add "take all to junk" near "take all" button in container. And then add inventory tab for junk.
  2. Allow switching between characters in barter screen. Of course characters need to be close enough to trader. Or should they? We already have magic pockets, why don't use them for trading? Barter skill of player that initiated trade should be used.

I second that. For the "junk" part, something like Kingdom of Amalur would be great

my 2 cents:
- add more hotkey bar. 3 is not enough for a mage. I'm level 7, I picked up a few "free skill points" in magic through dialogue. Even if I specialize in 1 or 2 skills, it costs nothing to buy at least level1 spells. With potions and scrolls, I'm out of space hahaha

Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard