Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Hello. It seems that "my precious" it's not working with me. Everytime i hit an enemy with my weapon, the durability drops by one. Weapon durability should decrease more slowly with this talent, should be not? Or without it is even worse? I'm using a greatsword with 60/60 durability, btw. (sorry for the bad english)

Support
Support

My Source Hunter's Two Hander drops by one durability when attacking opponents (or 3 when attacking doors; at least with the mortician and Evelyn's houses), without the My Precious talent.

veteran
veteran
You should try attacking a door, does it lower 1 point or 3 like Raze?
It might be it applies 75% per hit... but 1 would still be 1 then, and the talent would be quite useless smirk

M
addict
addict
M
Like Hassat Hunter mentioned, maybe there's a number rounding (i.e. 1 becomes 0.75, but is then rounded back up to 1) issue here. Would kind of make the talent useless, as I can't think of a situation where any piece of equipment would lose 4 or more durability with a single use - I could be wrong, but those situations would still probably be too rare to make the talent useful.

E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
The description says "makes the durability of weapons and armor the hero uses decrease 75% more slowly", so, in my understanding, it should only decrease 25 % of it's original decrease rate. So, if Raze said that without the talent his Two Hander durability drops by one with each attack, with the talent it should drop by one every four, or at least, three attacks. Don't you all agree?

E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Yep, it's surely not working. I've made two new knights, one with the talent and other without, and both's weapons' durability decreases in the same rate. One wasted talent =/

veteran
veteran
Yes. But just trying to figure out if it doesn't work at all, or the way it works is because of rounding...

E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
I think it's not working at all, because it should be 0,25 not 0,75. So it shouldn't round from 0,25 to 1, that would be to much rounding in my opinion, hahaha. At least is that what i understand from the description.

Last edited by EddyCosta32; 06/04/14 09:28 PM.
veteran
veteran
Rounding up does work that way...

M
addict
addict
M
Originally Posted by EddyCosta32
I think it's not working at all, because it should be 0,25 not 0,75. So it shouldn't round from 0,25 to 1, that would be to much rounding in my opinion, hahaha. At least it's that what i understand from the description.

Yeah, the description is kind of unclear - I think they mean the damage rate is reduced to 75% of the base rate (because if they meant reduction to only 25% of the base rate, the talent would be really overpowered), but "decrease 75% more slowly" doesn't really convey this clearly.

Originally Posted by EddyCosta32
So, if Raze said that without the talent his Two Hander durability drops by one with each attack, with the talent it should drop by one every four, or at least, three attacks. Don't you all agree?

Right, that's the way it probably should work. But I think the way it may actually be working right now is the 75% is applied to each individual attack, and then there's rounding - so the 0.75 durability reduction is just reset to 1 each time, and the player doesn't get any benefit.

Support
Support

Starting another knight, this time taking My Precious in character creation, attacking a door still took 3 durability, but not every time.
Starting at 60, the durability after each hit was: 57, 57, 54, 51, 48, 48, 48, 48, 48, 45, 45, 42, 39.

Either there is an issue when attacking opponents, or the drop 'every time' an opponent was hit was just a string of low rolls.

veteran
veteran
Now I need to try hitting a door without my precious and see if it does the same for a durability as above or not...
*loads up game*

veteran
veteran
It does indeed 100% of the times take damage.
It seems then this ability on combat should give 3 out of 4 (on avarage) rolls a miss and no durability penalty, and that then works on doors (as Raze tried). Smells buggy to me.

EDIT:
Another interesting thing I noticed is that blocked attacks wont wear your weapon. It makes sense for missing, but blocking?

Last edited by Hassat Hunter; 08/04/14 12:54 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard