Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Rainer Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I did some playing after the new download and did a classic Mage (Knowe it all Scientist)/ Ranger (Pet Pal, -combo

TRAITS and SKILLS
- I did some conversations and got altruistic Base 1 with +20 Reputation after ismashell

since then every conversation later the Reputation goes way up
My "Know it all"-char had a reputation of 60 after clearing the intro-cave

and after entering town it's way up to 192?! (attitude of all NPC to my Mage was 100!)

- Obedient has no description which skill it boosts

- Attitude of the harbour workers/sailors were only 1 after putting out the fire (1 is better than nothing like in beta before, but it seems quite low for doing this quest)

- no stealing conversation after first stealing - Is it gone or not triggered (while stealing in stealth-mode)?

- barter seems to be strongly reduced in effectivness (but thats subjective so far as the barter bonus is not longer shown)

COMBAT
- Creating Oilsurfaces over blood will get blood coming throgh after 1 turn replacing the oil

- setting the oil on fire does not set the full oil-area on fire and leaves normal space (where my fireball was aimed) - it seems the fireball did replace the oil instead of getting the earth burning and then sets the staying oil on fire surround this empty space

- Ricochet of the Way of ranger is also a very Powerful application while having a long cooldown, but it also targets barrels near or between enemys

- Ricochet also does target enemys staying more than 10m apart and way out of reach for the ricochet skill

WAYFINDING
- after combat the partymember assemble in formation on the main char - going through burning or poisoned ground and taking damage!
the same behaviour outside without combat while following the main char!

- I did formation beeline but the following char did not do the same steps as main char through the water in fire in introcave and walked through burning soil getting burned and died!

You said you fixed wayfinding?! It seems formation has broken it again

- doing the formation with main char in the background lets start the triggered auto-conversation with the leading char and the main char does the formation thing and gets in front of the speaking char to remain in formation

choosing the old main char again let's you wander around and after getting behind the drunken bridge guards triggers the combat while the conversation was in the last panel with follow the guards but not choosen the last "(1) end"
it seems the conversation outcome is only applied after the conversation is closed - not after choosing the corresponding conversation path - BUG or FEATURE?

- after getting main char in stealth (1) chained to unstealthed char (2) and going in the closed room in warehouse still stealthed the char 2 stays still. after closing the door I unstealthed the main char 1 and the char 2 did open the door to come to main char but was seen by the guards
BUG or FEATURE?

In the old beta the chars did not follow through closed doors - now they do - especially not free doors they should only open if stealthed

if both chars are stealthed the second char follows the main char in stealth-mode - new but ok

OVERALL
- After loading a quicksave in conversation with bridge guards my ranger did have a Boost of -25 for her health and her health was below new max - reproduceable after loading it again (in the normal save before the conversation it was boost +15 and full health)

- there are some graphical errors:
the bench in front of the warehouse entry (right side) in harbour dimishes behind sand and stone

the big fishernets in the harbour can be walked through

after loading a save the chat-window is displayed with no black backgroung and can't be moved and the local/global-buttons can be clicked but are not shown
...after ALT-Tab out of fullscreen back to Forum and ALT-Tab back to game this issue was resolved

- the diffculty setting can only be changed in game but not with creating new game

that's all after playing 2 hours with repeating severall missions

will be back next week
cya

Oh YEAH!
Have fun
old hand
old hand
Just a few notes from the first part of my play through here. All in all, looking and feeling much more refined and stable. I love the new rogue skills and the closer zoom.

1. You have a clipping issue near the new statue in the homestead (sorry, not sure why this came out so dark)

[Linked Image]

2. If you use a teleportation stone while lying down, you snap back to your original position.

3. Seeing a LOT of amulets for random treasure.

4. I had one major bug needing a reload while talking to Evelyn in Cyseal.

My "Scarlett" was disconnected from the group. My "Roederick" was talking to Evelyn. While he was talking to her, I had my Scarlett open the door to Thelyron's back room. Because I forgot to do it while sneaking, she got caught. It looked like Evelyn tried to initiate a conversation with my Scarlett because the camera panned to her, but there was no dialogue box. Because there was no dialogue box, there was no way to escape the conversation. I could control my Roederick and the other companions, but Scarlett was stuck in the conversation attempt instigated by opening the back door.

So it seems like if Evelyn is in a conversation and attempts to start another one with a character that gets caught opening the back door, something gets confused and the conversation UI doesn't fire but the game thinks the player is in convo with her.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
Support
Support

4. It looks like Evelyn can break out of the first conversation properly if it is at the main level, but if I tried the same thing after asking about one of the patients, Scarlett gets stuck as you described. I found a way to free her; have Roderick sneak and get caught trying to pickpocket Evelyn (that leaves Roderick stuck, though).

Rainer Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
some new thing to be corrected:

UI
- Sight and hearing range is not summed up correctly (or only shown incorrect - I can't verify)
1m is missing with Perception 6
Movement is correct

SAVING/LOADING
did a new game and after saving the third time (2 normal saves 3rd quicksave) reloading shows all chars are on health 62 from CON -25 Boost gets 46 and health bar is at 42!!

Reloaded all saves and all three have this ?!

Last edited by Rainer; 26/04/14 06:13 PM. Reason: Saving/Loading added

Oh YEAH!
Have fun
Rainer Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
After some tesing now I know the difficulty setting is the boost on health (-25 for hard, +15 for normal, easy not checked!)

But this is no help why the chars are always on lower health than max after loading?!

Oh YEAH!
Have fun
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Rainer
After some tesing now I know the difficulty setting is the boost on health (-25 for hard, +15 for normal, easy not checked!)

But this is no help why the chars are always on lower health than max after loading?!

Is it possible that the difficulty setting is not being saved properly and is changed on loading? Dragon Commander has a bug like that (which is still in the game right now).

M
stranger
stranger
M
Scarlett stuck behind bench (south from warehouse) after she is stands up.
In the cave under graveyard after first battle there is a rock. When I try to interact with it (gears) characters cant "rich it", while standing inside this rock.
Floating grass over Helen grave.
Strange behaviour of Scarlett Attitude - 342 and it changes sporadically.
After I extinguish the fire on a ship some NPC continue trying to do this. When I have a new game, there were no such a bug.

Last edited by MityaZ; 29/04/14 10:50 AM.
Support
Support

For now you can just move the bench, if a character gets 'stuck' behind it (apparently it isn't a very high priority to fix, but it is on the list of things to do).

For the ship did you put out the fire before entering Cyseal?

M
stranger
stranger
M
Yap, I know about moving the bench)
Yes - both times. And first time script goes right, second time some NPC are continue to water the ship.

veteran
veteran
Did you perhaps put out the flames of the ships the second time before they finished running to the ship and started trying to put it out?

M
stranger
stranger
M
Maybe, cant say for sure. Third time it goes OK.

journeyman
journeyman
My impressions of some general things that need attention

• inventory needs to switch to appropriate character when u click on that character icon on the left
  • balancing: gear and leveling up makes too much of a difference - thats why game sometimes feels linear since u cant do shit against enemies that are ?2lvl higher than u and it also makes fights too easy in areas where enemies are of lower lvl than u.

Last edited by Fanest; 29/04/14 01:37 PM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Fanest
inventory needs to switch to appropriate character when u click on that character icon on the left

That is the only way I know how to open two inventories at the same time of different characters (press I, switch to another character, press I again: both inventories are on top of each other; you can move them next to each other). So I don't want to lose it. This way I can open the inventar of my blacksmith and the inventar of the other characters and quick repair their equipment wihtout giving it all to my blacksmith.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Next bug - split characters and start dialog with Reginald by Scarlett. Then switch to Roderick - he can move freely. Try to use talking head. Reginald wont start dialog with Roderick, as it must. After that none of my charachters can move or interact. When I choose Scarlet cameraa move close to Reginald, but there no any dialog window appear.
Also there is a chair nearby, that cant be used and moved.

Last edited by MityaZ; 29/04/14 03:14 PM.
veteran
veteran
The little armor (I think, the left one) icon under portraits opens inventories too, even if not your selected character...

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by motoko
inventory needs to switch to appropriate character when u click on that character icon on the left

That is the only way I know how to open two inventories at the same time of different characters (press I, switch to another character, press I again: both inventories are on top of each other; you can move them next to each other). So I don't want to lose it. This way I can open the inventar of my blacksmith and the inventar of the other characters and quick repair their equipment wihtout giving it all to my blacksmith.

Imo this is useless feature (two inventories on screen), and not practical since u still have to drag and drop items to other character inventory. Same can be achieved by simply dropping items on character icon on the left. Alternatively they could add right click drop down menu where u could choose to which char u want to give selected item.

But to satisfy us both they could make it so that if u have inventory of character 1 opened on the screen and u select character 2 from icons on the left a new window with inventory of char 2 would automatically open but at the same time inventory of char 1 would remain open in the back. This system imo would make most sense.

veteran
veteran
Alternatively they could add right click drop down menu where u could choose to which char u want to give selected item.

Someone looked at the files and saw exactly that kind of thing - but it's not enabled, probably not finished yet.

N
addict
addict
N
The reveal spell scroll (and every other quest related scroll) is usable for crafting, eg. you can make empty water scrolls from it which breaks whatever quest you happen to need it for.

stranger
stranger
...and not practical since u still have to drag and drop items to other character inventory.

In the end I take what the developers give to me. smile

But to clarify one thing:
You don't have to drag & drop the items with the 2 inventory method. I right click on the hammer in the inventory of my blacksmith (which has to be the active character at that moment) and then left click on the broken armor even if the other character is still wearing it. smile No need for complex drag and drop. Hope that helps some guys to repair faster their whole party. smile

Rainer Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
today I did start a new run and found some more glitches

1) BUG: six books in the library (upstairs) which are not highlighted with ALT but still can be taken

in the inventory they have the old appearance (blank red cover and comment "use to read")
while using them the book opens and the popup "new receipes found..." is shown, but no reeipe is written in the receipes log!!

- btw 2 other books are highlighted and can be used correctly to write in the receipes log

2) BUG (or intended?): after asking the female orc in the library you could take everything not only the books

3) BUG: After having the conversation/quest shell on the beginning beach one char got altruistic (+20 reputation) the other Egoistical (+1 Barter)

after each conversation which generates traits or is questrelated (entry in log) the char with altruistic gets more reputation - mostly +20
I'm Level 3 and did just enter town and get looking to the library and he's already on reputation 301 (1 for the ship on fire)

4) INTENDED? Attitude and Barter
Attitude 100 now get's you only down to double goldprice for buying (before it was same price) and 50% for selling
Barter is not as good as before

Buy = x * goldprice
sell = goldprice / x

Attitude 0 Barter 0
factor x= 2.5
Attitude 100 Barter 0
x = 2.0
Attitude 0 Barter 2 (1 from trait + 1 base)
x = 2.1

so each skill level decreases x with 0.2
and each Attitude increase of 10 decreases x with 0.05
so far

conclusion:
so with barter 5 Attitude 0 you get factor 1
and maybe with attitude 100 and Barter 5 you may have factor 0.5 if they didn't cap this on 1

Edit
4)BUG trait increase in conversation can not always be seen

Is it possible to either show the traitincrease in the log or in same place where you have a chance to see it?

e.g. the conversation with the "fab 5"-man in front of the tavern has 3 decissions to be made + joining
but I was only able to determine which trait was affected to check my traits of the char after each question ! thats uncomfortable as hell

5) BUG or INTENDED? Pickpocket can only be done once for each char?!?!
I should be able to pickpocket as long as I can (maybe with increased chance to fail) but not never again
cya

Last edited by Rainer; 01/05/14 02:37 PM. Reason: 5) added

Oh YEAH!
Have fun
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard