Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
When the game tries to autosave it hangs for greater than 5 minutes while it tries to overwrite the autosave file. The same thing happens when I attempt to manually overwrite a save other than the autosave also for greater than 5 minutes. When I pull up task manager windows says that the game is running which is odd since I cannot do anything ingame. This has been happning on a pc running windows 7 32-bit (Additional details about the computer can be provided if needed). I have not seen any problems exactly like this following the April 25th patch.

PC Specs: Windows 7 32-bit, AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2 GHz processor, 4 GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 5700 videocard.
S
S
Saves are now about 250% faster for me.

Tech details / build / etc?

One thing that really impressed me moving from alpha > beta was that saves / reloads now take 10-15 seconds.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
I though I already responded to this, but here we go again

Can you verify if your problems act the same as in
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=491661#Post491661

Support
Support

Do you have any problems saving if you are not overwriting?
As a workaround, you could always increase the number of auto/quicksaves kept (in the Game options) and manually delete the oldest ones periodically.

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game?

Try starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Shipping\EoCApp.exe' program file, by right clicking and running as administrator.

If that doesn't help, please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
After additional play throughs I see that this issue is similar in every way to the one linked by Fedayin with the exception of no runtime error. Windows thinks that the game is still running just fine! I have sent an error report with details on what I did. thank you all.

PC Specs: Windows 7 32-bit, AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2 GHz processor, 4 GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 5700 videocard.

Link Copied to Clipboard