Print Thread
#492436 30/04/14 05:03 PM
M
Marls Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
So they taken out in the last patch. I kinda dont get why, sorta gave a character build in social. I liked having a common sense reasoning Roderick, and a yandere intimidating Scarlet. I think it was a good way to specialize in how each character could handle diplomatic conversation if they chose too.

So will they come back later? or poof, gone for good.

Last edited by Marls; 30/04/14 05:08 PM.
veteran
veteran
I too am curious to see what's going on here.

There's something called "Charisma XP" in the game now. I think (I hope) that the current system is sort of half-way to a final system. Maybe Traits will be involved or something that affects the calculation depending on what option you pick.

Two things are likely: avoiding specific skills means that dialogues can incorporate a wider range of styles, and an individual character's aptitude may now be set by past dialogue choices rather than skill points.

The first may or may not matter much in the campaign itself, but it makes things much easier for modders. The second allows the personality and social style to develop (and change) dynamically. Both are good.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by NeutroniumDragon
Two things are likely: avoiding specific skills means that dialogues can incorporate a wider range of styles, and an individual character's aptitude may now be set by past dialogue choices rather than skill points.

Yeah, I hope what this means is that the more you choose "Charm" options, the better you'll get when picking Charm options that others, even with equal levels of the Charisma ability.

M
Marls Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
I guess with this new patch... These 3 skills are gone for good <.<

Link Copied to Clipboard