Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#494884 13/05/14 10:37 PM
addict
OP Offline
addict
Hi, I finally found few hours to play D:OS,
First of all the tutorial is nice it explains well the possibilities of D:OS (of course not every possibilities are covered by the tutorial but IMO that is a good overall).
I found many interesting side quests (I have barely started investigated on Jake's murder) which were added.
I could not repair my fighting knife, it appears that most of the NPC are not skilled enough to repair it, is it because my knife is totally broken (0 durability) or is there a special NPC for the knives and daggers?
and about the rock/scissors/paper, it is nice but 5 wins is definitely too much, I guess 2 wins should be enough...

well apart from that, good job Larian, the world is much more richer and fun than before !!

oh just a small thing, the wizzard NPC (damn I am terrible with names) does not have the ice golem right when we pick him up, I assume he can learn it later but this golem was definitely kickass !! laugh

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
Support
Support

Cyseal doesn't have a blacksmith any more (boarded up his house and left), so the highest level repair an NPC can do is 4 (Wolfram, the lost archaeologist).

The number of wins required depends on your charisma and conversation choice (sometimes there will be a situational bonus or penalty depending of your charms/intimidate/reason choice).

Yes, you can buy a spell book to learn the ice summon later.

old hand
old hand
You should try to repair items early. The more damaged they are, the higher blacksmith skill they require so, completely broken ones cannot be repaired.

addict
OP Offline
addict
yes I have seen the forge and the anvil... too bad that does mean that in the first city we have we cannot repair broken equipment :s a bit harsh.
And my problem is i played stupidly so I broke my daggers before reaching Cyseal... (I wanted to see how hard it would be to break hard chests...)

si Is there an NPC selling daggers or knives? and where is the one for rogue skills?

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

old hand
old hand
In the inn. Esmeralda also has a good selection of weapons. And enemies of course.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Chaotica
And my problem is i played stupidly

*raises hand* Ooh, I see the problem here.

But yes, I do think there should be an NPC who can repair to 5 in Cyseal. Maybe they should give that to the Quartermaster upstairs in the Mess Hall.

The NPC who sells Rogue skills is upstairs on the second floor of the King Crab Inn.

old hand
old hand
Isnt that the first floor?

:P

Last edited by Hiver; 14/05/14 04:23 PM.
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Originally Posted by Chaotica
And my problem is i played stupidly

*raises hand* Ooh, I see the problem here.

well I cannot deny it but at least my experience pointed out that we are lacking a NPC with repair lvl 5 in cyseal :p

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

enthusiast
enthusiast
And that's also why they call it "user testing".

Self included.

old hand
old hand
Its not really that much of a problem. Youll find and get better ones anyway.

I actually like the fact that if you let the weapon break down completely it cannot be repaired anymore. Makes you take care of your equipment.

veteran
veteran
Probably should mention the durability loss thing a bit better in the tutorial, I killed my weapon beating up poor vases my first gametry (before even getting to the move crate tutorial popup). Sure, I replaced it soon afterwards with a better one, still... xD

old hand
old hand
Use burning spells to break chests and bust down doors. Your weapons won't break then, but it can be slower to break the door/chests apart.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?

Link Copied to Clipboard