Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Beyond Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I assume Silverglen is out of the picture. Assuming I finished all the (solvable) quests in Cyseal (and all of its caves) - is there anything else to do (other than wait anxiously for the end of the month)?

The quests I haven't been able to finish are:
  • The Story of the Stones
  • Find the Witch
  • Arhu's Failed Experiment
  • The Legionnaire's Will

Last edited by Beyond; 15/06/14 01:16 AM.
veteran
veteran
Arhu's failed experiment can be completed by talking to a soldier by the treasure room in the basement of the Legion HQ. Yeah, it's not obvious, I know.

The others can't be finished.

B
Beyond Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Oh wow. Well I'll go talk to him and see what's the connection there, thanks!

Any idea whether we can play the same characters after release, or will we have to create new ones?

Support
Support

There will be another beta update this week which will break save game compatibility, and the released will do the same. After that, though, any updates will maintain save compatibility.

B
Beyond Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Oh no! Okay, thanks for the heads up.

Any idea if there's any way to migrate your characters?
Is there any chance to get a difference between old and new saved games, so maybe the community can create a migration tool?

enthusiast
enthusiast
I say it's a bad idea to even try that, there's a good reason your old saves are wiped. The team at Larian has no obligations to assist us whatsoever, and frankly, they got more important stuff to do than saving gamesaves between today and june 30th.

B
Beyond Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Which is why I added my last sentence about the community taking part.

If, for example, we get a post explaining that saves won't work because the inventory has been revamped - I for one would give it a few hours to try and transfer my character with an empty inventory.

I understand a lot (maybe even most) people are well content with just starting new characters. But I have about 30 hours of continuous co-op, which is harder to achieve than single player, and continuing the story from where we left off would be much easier than restarting.

I'm not saying Larian needs to drop ANYTHING to do that, I completely agree that current issues are more important.

veteran
veteran
I'm certain that the community isn't going to be able to do anything about that. That's not something a mod can fix, that's an internal code thing, and I'm certain you can't change the game's source code with the modding tool.

B
Beyond Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I don't presume to know anything about how the game's data is saved and handled, how separated each part of the game is, how the story progression is saved, etc.

All I did was raise an issue and suggesting something that might help with it. Larian can decide whether to address it like this or that, or not at all - and every response would be fine.

journeyman
journeyman
wave, is all you can do with your old games. This is an extensive testing period for your characters. All the knowledge you have gained will be useful in your REAL game start, not the BETA character. Roughly 80-90% of the BETAS you will ever join will have a similar procedure...so welcome to the club! cheer

Click to reveal..
C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Does story of the stones not end when you release a certain rhyming wizard (or kill him)?

C
C
Goodness no! That's the watcher story. The story of the stones is your homestead and imp and weaver. There are about 16 portals left to open after the beta.

'nut

Link Copied to Clipboard