Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Raze #500918 23/06/14 06:47 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze

A higher level would give you more customization options. I don't know why anyone would want to leave them quite that late in the game, though, unless they had a really specific build in mind.

I have a very specific type of person in mind, someone that has been alive for a very long time, much longer than what they look like but with a completely unknown past. To me it would only make sense for someone like that to have a lot of skills, knowledge and experience....I always hate how games tend to underrate characters who are absolute beasts in cut-scenes and should be absolute beasts in the player's party but they start at a low level because f*** common sense the game has to be supa 1337 hardcore. Granted my henchman won't feature in any cut-scenes but I rather there be sense there. It won't be there around much unless you level yourself with console commands or mods or something but that's ok with me. After the second playthrough I'll probably do console commands and all the rest anyway. All that really matters is the story anyway.

Robcat #501032 24/06/14 08:29 AM
@Darth, How much fun would a game be if characters were OP?

Join the Weresheep of Original Sin Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/WeresheepOfOriginalSin
Robcat #501033 24/06/14 09:04 AM
So I'm fiddling around with the Excell sheet. Since I havn't really played yet I wondered if there are two handed (war)hammers in the game?

Join the Weresheep of Original Sin Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/WeresheepOfOriginalSin
Robcat #501078 24/06/14 11:08 AM
guess not?

Robcat #501085 24/06/14 12:10 PM
veteran
veteran
Not as far as I know, which I consider a pretty glaring omission.

Robcat #501086 24/06/14 12:17 PM
Crap, Mine needs a maul/warhammer frown

Robcat #501091 24/06/14 12:50 PM
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
The design perks are quite difficult. I haven't played the game enough to know what exists and not. So when designing a henchman I have to guess on skills, when coming up with a summon I have no idea what kinds to chose between and I have a difficult time with the "Personal Dual Dialogue" (don't know what kind of structure it has to be in) and "Design An Item Combo" (have no idea which items are in the game and how they combine). I wish they provided more examples and a clearer description.

I suspect there's an error in the Henchmen spreadsheet though. Aren't the second ability point supposed to be more expensive than the first and the third even more expensive? If you have five ability points in the spreadsheet you can spend them to get five points in an ability. Don't think it is supposed to work that way?

Robcat #501092 24/06/14 12:56 PM
2nd all of that

Dexyd #501093 24/06/14 12:57 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dexyd
@Darth, How much fun would a game be if characters were OP?

Funny concept to call these characters overpowered when in fact they'd be appropriately powered rather than stripped of all their supposed abilities in order to be forcefully crammed into the player's party with a crowbar. Why are people pathologically obsessed with having a hard time but not enough of a hard time that they can't overcome a challenge. Nothing is ever going to be fair so more often than not accomplishing something will either be a breeze or impossible....personally I'd balance the hard difficulty at making all enemies be in god mode and the player unable to ever have more than 1 point of health and unable to deal more than 0 damage.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Aasgaard
The design perks are quite difficult. I haven't played the game enough to know what exists and not. So when designing a henchman I have to guess on skills, when coming up with a summon I have no idea what kinds to chose between and I have a difficult time with the "Personal Dual Dialogue" (don't know what kind of structure it has to be in) and "Design An Item Combo" (have no idea which items are in the game and how they combine). I wish they provided more examples and a clearer description.

I suspect there's an error in the Henchmen spreadsheet though. Aren't the second ability point supposed to be more expensive than the first and the third even more expensive? If you have five ability points in the spreadsheet you can spend them to get five points in an ability. Don't think it is supposed to work that way?

Not sure how things work in the beta but the attribute points work just fine like this in the 1 for 1 system because you can only max out 9 attributes out of 27 so one third. I don't see anything wrong there. With my henchman I only opted for two combat attributes with all the rest going to stuff like loremaster, leadesrship and so on.

Robcat Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast

I couldn't agree more. There have been numerous threads back as far as when the Larian Vault KS form went online asking questions to clarify all sorts of things like the points you raised. At one point I tried collating them all into one post/thread (I even colour coded it to hopefully make it easy for Larian to address people's common questions) but AFAIK we never got a response.

I had assumed some more details would come later but it appears Larian never managed to find the time/didn't consider this a priority. As a result I found the experience a bit frustrating and didn't even do the personal dialogue at all.

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig
Robcat #501169 24/06/14 06:41 PM
well, you just had a lnk to the excel sheet for that. wink Lets see if I can comeup with something.....

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon

Not sure how things work in the beta but the attribute points work just fine like this in the 1 for 1 system because you can only max out 9 attributes out of 27 so one third. I don't see anything wrong there. With my henchman I only opted for two combat attributes with all the rest going to stuff like loremaster, leadesrship and so on.

As far as I know only the first ability point in each skill costs 1 point to increase in-game. Then it gets more and more expensive for each skill increase. The spreadsheet doesn't take this into account, so a level 1 henchman can max a skill (5 ability points) in the spreadsheet. I'm pretty sure that's not intended, and I will be very surprised if they actually implement henchmen based on this formula. If I understand it correctly, they will be far more powerful than what's intended for their level.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon

As far as I know only the first ability point in each skill costs 1 point to increase in-game. Then it gets more and more expensive for each skill increase. The spreadsheet doesn't take this into account, so a level 1 henchman can max a skill (5 ability points) in the spreadsheet. I'm pretty sure that's not intended, and I will be very surprised if they actually implement henchmen based on this formula. If I understand it correctly, they will be far more powerful than what's intended for their level.

Well maybe but how many attribute points you you get across levels 1 through 20 in the beta....I'll bet it's more than 49 because with 49 you'd only be able to max 3 skills and have four points left over. They balanced the sheet for the henchmen differently and it's VERY intentional because there's no f****** way that by level 20 you can max no more than 3 out of 27 abilities.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 24/06/14 11:16 PM.
Robcat #501266 25/06/14 04:06 AM
Robcat Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Robcat
As a result I found the experience a bit frustrating and didn't even do the personal dialogue at all.

Lol, spoke too soon wink

Last edited by Robcat; 25/06/14 04:07 AM.

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig
Robcat #501286 25/06/14 07:41 AM
someone has a list of weapontypes (including if they are 1 or 2 handed?)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard