#503715 30/06/14 08:57 PM
K
kraeh Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Hello
I am pretty sure to remember that the this game was introduced with a 4 player coop during the kickstarter and in the early days of development. That is the reasen I backed it with 2 friends, so we could play together. You can imagine my unfurtonate suprise when we started the game and only 2 could play. I have done some research now and indeed, in most recent post it is proclaimed to have coop focused on the two main characters, but wasn't it supposed to have 2 henchmen being played by additional players or does my mind play a cruel trick on me? Because I have found posts and videos where 4 player coop is specificly mentioned.
I really would love to have some enlightenment on that matter, preferably with links to official statements.

Best regards from germany

I don't recall that. It has always been just the two source hunters.

[edit] Even before the KS, they always ever showed the two. Each may have a henchman, which is player controlled, but those are hired hands.

Last edited by nstgc; 30/06/14 09:03 PM.

CPU: i7-4930k, Gfx: EVGA 950, RAM: 16GB DDR3-2133 (quad channel), OS: Arch Linux
K
kraeh Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
there is an answer to a Sean Eber on april 5, 2013, which says 4 player coop. I have also found a video presentation where it is mentioned. I am just wondering if it was changed during development and i just missed it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/posts/446704

N
stranger
stranger
N
There is a mod to fix your problem, but it won't have 4 way conversations (that would be insane)

I never heard of a 4 player coop & I was an early kickstarter backer. It was always single player or 2 player coop.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by kraeh
there is an answer to a Sean Eber on april 5, 2013, which says 4 player coop.

And as far as I know, Raze isn't on the Larian development team, so he (or she) might not be the best source for actual info.

Ke se marei gola
stranger
stranger
They definitely mentioned 4 player co-op before, though I don't remember where.

It was earlier said that there would be the 2 main characters and then the other 2 players could control their henchmen. So they wouldn't get to make their own characters, but they could still play.

This changed somewhere down the line I believe, but still in the early days.

Now they say you can still play with 4 players (maybe even up to 6) but only in custom campaigns. It may be possible that the original plan of having the other 2 players control henchmen will be modded in.

K
kraeh Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
i thought Raze is a community manager or something like that, just based on his strong presence in this forum and he has a @larian.com address

addict
addict
i thought Raze is a community manager or something like that, just based on his strong presence in this forum and he has a @larian.com address

Still, you based a purchase decision on a single comment made inside an update, rather than from the updates/campaign itself, or by contacting Larian directly for confirmation? It could have been a typo, it could have been a mis-communication, it could simply have been that Raze was remembering incorrectly. It's always best to get official confirmation, rather than "assuming" you have the answer.

Support
Support

Early in the kickstarter Larian was thinking of having 4 player co-op, but the players controlling the henchmen just wouldn't be able to take part in conversations. Then they decided to focus on 2 player co-op.

However, mods can support 4 players, and the main campaign can be modded to allow 4 players, as well. Larian has played the main game with 4 players, and during the recent twitch.tv stream about the editor, implied that mod might get released if they have the time to clean it up a bit, but the game wasn't balanced around 4 players.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I already tried to dirty mod 4 players in, as many otger player probably tried too, but currently it seems you can not mod the main campaign as you can't load any levels if you set the dependency right.
Though the guide says it should work.

Last edited by Bobylein; 01/07/14 07:29 AM.
K
kraeh Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Jito463

Still, you based a purchase decision on a single comment made inside an update, rather than from the updates/campaign itself, or by contacting Larian directly for confirmation? It could have been a typo, it could have been a mis-communication, it could simply have been that Raze was remembering incorrectly. It's always best to get official confirmation, rather than "assuming" you have the answer.

well, that's just it, there are only remnants like posts and old news of this information. when did they decide to change it and where did larian tell us about the change is my question.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by Bobylein
I already tried to dirty mod 4 players in, as many otger player probably tried too, but currently it seems you can not mod the main campaign as you can't load any levels if you set the dependency right.
Though the guide says it should work.

I made a mod and a post for a 4 player mod here. http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=504225&#Post504225

K
kraeh Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Funny, I just read your thread and even wanted to link it here, but you beat me to it. Thanks for your work, that's awesome

Link Copied to Clipboard