Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
I had this error as well, in my case I think it was being caused by a latent instance of lstools.exe failing to close. I found it running in task manager, closed it, and it seemed to work.

I believe the program is throwing an exception because you're trying to store a huge file in the memory of the program.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Updated version worked perfectly for me! Everything is properly unpacked. Next step, figuring out how to get developer rights enabled so the editor will allow the newly available files to be opened.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
[Linked Image]

Success! This is a modified portrait, but I believe adding more portraits is possible. The portraits are all stored in one .dds (image) file called portraits.dds inside the public/main/assets/textures/icons/ folder. To add more I believe you would also have to edit the portraits.lsx file under \Data\Public\Main\GUI\ using the LStools posted. Once you open that LSX file you'll see two "categories". One is TextureAtlasInfo which specifies some things such as the location of the texture.dds file, the size of each icon, and the size (in pixels) of the texture file. The 2nd one is IconUVlist which seems to list icons. You'd probably have to clone one of the player icon nodes from the game and do some adjustments to it to indicate where it was inside that portaits.dds file.

Complicated, but doable.

Oh one more thing to save everyone a trial and error headache. Save the textures using nVIDIAs dds tools as "32.32.32.32f ABGR 128 bpp | floating point". Otherwise they'll look wonky.

N
addict
addict
N
Yeah, to add a new portrait you basically have to:
* Add a new icon to portraits.dds & resave the file
* Add a new IconUV item to Main\GUI\portraits.lsx
* Add a new MaleIcons or FemaleIcons item to Mods\Main\CharacterCreation\properties.lsx

To change the portrait in an existing save change the appropriate Characters -> PlayerData -> PlayerCustomData -> Icon property for the character.

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Great news smile

I tried re-skin Male Head, exported textures.pak but now need lsb to edit it in editor (i can try in photoshop but wanna know which solution editor give) Where that lsbs, in what pak?

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Originally Posted by Norbyte

What u mean by resave? Reimport in editro and save?

J
stranger
stranger
J
Sorry for all the questions, I think my attempted stat-changing is almost accomplished... I found the stat spreadsheet in data/public/main/stats; should I just edit that directly to change companion attributes? Or is there a different mod directory where I can make changes without altering the original game file?

When I created a stats folder in data/mods/main and edited things there, I got a message about the mod being invalid when I loaded the actual game- and none of the changes were reflected, anyways.

Last edited by JTE10; 01/07/14 11:18 PM.
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Probe88

Open with an image editor tool (convert from DDS to something else if necessary), add the portrait, save in some lossless format (PNG is ok), convert to DDS using NVDXT or something similar.

P
apprentice
apprentice
P

Open with an image editor tool (convert from DDS to something else if necessary), add the portrait, save in some lossless format (PNG is ok), convert to DDS using NVDXT or something similar.

I undetstand, but how to set game use that dds file, not those which located in .pak file?

Just put it in right folder in main directory?

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
This also explains a lot about the issues I had with the main campaign getting "corrupt" when trying to edit things in the toolset. It wasn't getting corrupt, the editor was just making folder trees for the files it couldn't locate. When the game ran it would then look into those empty folder trees instead of the pak files due to the priority order.

In addition, this gives me a very good idea of how dependancies and mods work. Basically, the pak files are kind of equivalent to the NWN "hak" files if anyone's ever done module building in that. The pak files contain things like textures, sounds, models, scripts, etc. So for example if you made a mod that puts in a custom sword, let's say the sword of 1000 truths, complete with a custom model. You would put the model, sound, texture files for this sword into an appropriate folder tree under the public dir. So for example you would have something like Divinity/Data/Public/FoodchainsNewSword/... and place approriate files into approriate directories. You could then make a module using the "Main" and "FoodchainsNewSword" dependencies and take assets such as trees from the Main campaign, and the custom sword you made into your own campaign.

It would be nice if there was a way we could pack our folders back into .pak files, but if worse comes to worse, we can just zip our packs and have users extract to the Public folder.

Very excited because this means we can do a whole lot of cool modding stuff for this game. Like adding custom music, sound, voiceovers, weapon models, player models, textures, trees, and so much more. Even making a custom character creation screen that supports 4 players should be fully possible.

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by JTE10
Sorry for all the questions, I think my attempted stat-changing is almost accomplished... I found the stat spreadsheet in data/public/main/stats; should I just edit that directly to change companion attributes? Or is there a different mod directory where I can make changes without altering the original game file?

When I created a stats folder in data/mods/main and edited things there, I got a message about the mod being invalid when I loaded the actual game- and none of the changes were reflected, anyways.

You should edit Data\Public\Main\Stats\Generated\Data\Characters.txt, or use the macros in Characters.xlsm to re-generate Characters.txt.

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Foodchain

It would be nice if there was a way we could pack our folders back into .pak files, but if worse comes to worse, we can just zip our packs and have users extract to the Public folder.

I'll make a repack tool if there is a need for it, but for "normal" mods the editor can do the same (Modding -> Publish module ... -> Uncheck publish to steam)

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Solved: deleted texture.pak from fame folder, now game see my dds smile

using NVDXT

what settings to use while saving? i used default which i was already used for dds. but ingame portratis looks resized like it was scaled. I didnt add new portrait just changed exist

N
addict
addict
N
Solved: deleted texture.pak from fame folder, now game see my dds smile

using NVDXT

what settings to use while saving? i used default which i was already used for dds. but ingame portratis looks resized like it was scaled. I didnt add new portrait just changed exist

Originally Posted by Foodchain
Oh one more thing to save everyone a trial and error headache. Save the textures using nVIDIAs dds tools as "32.32.32.32f ABGR 128 bpp | floating point". Otherwise they'll look wonky.

Although this looks like a waste of space... 32bits for each color component ?!

I was thinking a bit more about this ... maybe you can convince the engine to override the existing character stats if you create a Stats/Generated/Data/Characters.txt in your mod folder, and only add the stats block for your (N)PC to it.

Last edited by Norbyte; 02/07/14 12:12 AM.
stranger
stranger
lstools.zip is malicious, and Chrome has blocked it.

?

Zep--

J
stranger
stranger
J
Editing the generated stats .txt file seems to work as long as it is edited *before* a companion is recruited, though the game doesn't seem to like this method- every launch prompts a message saying:

"The files of [mod] and/or it's dependencies are invalid. This can be caused by corrupt or changed files. You won't be able to play this mod in multiplayer."

But as long as it allows my changes to stay, I think it'll work fine until someone figures out how to make a full/proper companion respec mod.

@Zep chrome does that sometimes, especially with files that have very few downloads. You can still download it with another browser, though.

Edit2: Will try your second suggestion now, and see if the override works.

Last edited by JTE10; 02/07/14 12:17 AM.
P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Norbyte yeah yeah i already find it and delete my posts, thanks u very much for help anyway smile

so the texture question is rather closed.

What about models? i guess we have 2 options, maybe it can be edited in editor, or larian will post plugins for 3dsmax/blender.

In preview of editor it was told we can edit textures and models right in editor..

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Zep--
lstools.zip is malicious, and Chrome has blocked it.

No it isn't.
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...d461c048dbca56bf1ee/analysis/1404260527/

What about models? i guess we have 2 options, maybe it can be edited in editor, or larian will post plugins for 3dsmax/blender.

In preview of editor it was told we can edit textures and models right in editor..

We'll need an (unreleased so far) GR2 converter for this to work frown
Civ5 uses a similar format, so its exporter might be able to work with D:OS, but I haven't tried yet.

Editing the generated stats .txt file seems to work as long as it is edited *before* a companion is recruited

Editing it after recruiting has no effect, as after recruiting companions became PCs, and PC stats are persisted in the savegame file (unlike NPCs)

Last edited by Norbyte; 02/07/14 12:32 AM.
F
journeyman
journeyman
F

Although this looks like a waste of space... 32bits for each color component ?!

Fair enough. Something like 8.8.8 RGB 24 bpp | unsigned looks alright too.

Last edited by Foodchain; 02/07/14 12:26 AM.
J
stranger
stranger
J
No dice with an override stats .txt file within a mod, the same error message popped up and it stopped being able to load any of the levels/start the game. It feels like there should be a way to access the stats from within the editor itself, allowing a legitimate mod that changes stats around. Though my own exploration of the editor hasn't turned anything up in that vein.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard