Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
I get that armour is all ties to the body model so have options would require work....except games like saints row 2-4 which lets you have any shape and the clothing changes to fit so they could have used that method.

Anyway, it is silly that the male is so bulky when 2 of the 3 base class types are typically represented by slim characters and even then a fighter can be slim. They should have given the male model a slim, athletic build not the incredible hulk. I have to play the game with both female characters because it is so silly seeing a Rob Liefeld style character lumbering around in a robe. Yeah I went there. he is that bad.

addict
addict
I would much prefer a slimer model for the non-melee light/no armored types. Honestly I'm just having to play females just so it doesn't look so ridiculous.

This has been discussed in length before. Originally, Larian had a set back ground for each character, and the male's happened to be meat head.

[edit] I don't like it either.

Last edited by nstgc; 01/07/14 12:29 PM.

CPU: i7-4930k, Gfx: EVGA 950, RAM: 16GB DDR3-2133 (quad channel), OS: Arch Linux
L
stranger
stranger
L
I agree, man. I can't bring myself to play as a buffed up mage/rogue class; it just doesn't fit. Is there no way to, I don't know, replace the male model with a slim NPC one using the mod tool? This is quite a letdown.

Support
Support

Probably, if it doesn't get officially added. The henchmen have different body builds, to the armour / animations shouldn't be an issue.

M
stranger
stranger
M
It's funny how little things like this affect the game. Being an RPG you create this mindset and personality for the character. I wanted to make a rogue but just looking at the jacked up giant football/jock guy standing there poking with daggers and I couldn't do it. Ended up restarting and making a female rogue just so it didn't seem so silly.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Raze

Probably, if it doesn't get officially added. The henchmen have different body builds, to the armour / animations shouldn't be an issue.
Time to play around with the Divinity Engine, then. :P

stranger
stranger
I ended up doing the exact same thing as Maricus, just now, before I turned up here to see if I was the only one miffed by a rogue/mage/whatnot looking like Conan. Apparently not.
Although I suppose the male model looks great as a heavy hitter.

Not a major issue tho, since we can just use two females characters...

A
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by Phaenan
I ended up doing the exact same thing as Maricus, just now, before I turned up here to see if I was the only one miffed by a rogue/mage/whatnot looking like Conan. Apparently not.

For me the issue is mostly one of nerdy roleplay. I like to recreate my two DnD/Pathfinder characters in RPGs. one a female martial arts Magus (monk/sorc in DnD) and the other a dex build two weapon fighter who is sleek and athletic.

stranger
stranger
I'm not a fan of the bulky models either. I had to make at least one female character even though I almost never do; just to even things out a bit.

Looking forward to all the mods!

P
P
I wonder - why are bulky males the norm for many 3D models? I've always expected more of a ripcord, lean muscles build except for heavily armored warriors.

A
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by PatrickSJ
I wonder - why are bulky males the norm for many 3D models? I've always expected more of a ripcord, lean muscles build except for heavily armored warriors.

Power fantasy from the 80s that is still the cliche

Last edited by Argol228; 02/07/14 05:14 AM.
veteran
veteran
I wish I was as bulky as the main pc lol!

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Bulky males and high-heel females.....one of the few "characteristics" of "old-school" RPGS they could have done without. Although females still wear boob-armor they got rid of the striper-look from their first videos.

veteran
veteran
Maybe the Larians will give us a "bulky" woman and a twiggy Male to select sometimes!

Alixdragon -==(UDIC)==-
Der einzige Mensch, der Dir im Weg steht, bist Du.
veteran
veteran
lol, a bodyslider will be quite nice laugh or support for customized models.

stranger
stranger
Yeah, it's clearly an orc.

enthusiast
enthusiast
+1 to requests for a slimmer male body model (ideally multiple types for both sexes), whether from Larian or modders.

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Argol228
Originally Posted by Phaenan

For me the issue is mostly one of nerdy roleplay. I like to recreate my two DnD/Pathfinder characters in RPGs. one a female martial arts Magus (monk/sorc in DnD) and the other a dex build two weapon fighter who is sleek and athletic.

My problem. I wanted to play the twins from the Dragonlance series, Caramon and Raistlin Majere, but of course Raistlin is a very frail mage ... and that's just not happening with this game.

journeyman
journeyman
Slimmer male body would be great, yes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard