Print Thread
#509777 05/07/14 10:57 PM
G
Gorgorn Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
G
I don't know if it's only me, but I have huge problems with Ranger when playing multiplayer. Me and my friends created party of 4, what I noticed for now is :
Water/Air Mage - Big dmg, Heals, good CC and buffs.
Shield Tank Warrior - Good dmg (big with often crits from weapon), huge HP and tanking potential and fine CC
Backstabbing Rogue - Lockpicking, Huge dmg when well positioned, 100% stun and escape mechanics

Me, ranger - ??? I don't know why but I feel really useless. My damage isn't bad, but compared to other chars it takes more AP for less dmg, good AOE requires arrows which have to be crafted positioning is really hard and nonrewarding and skills seems weak.

I'm just wondering if Ranger scales better with time or am I playing it wrong. Im going Bow/Marksman/Scoundrel build and it doesn't seem to work.

Am I wrong? Does anyone have good experience and maybe some adviced about Ranger?

Gorgorn #509785 05/07/14 11:07 PM
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Rangers were obscenely OP in beta as they started off with arrow spray which could shotgun mobs (you could wreck some bosses with that single attack). Then they got bonked on the head with the nerf bat late in development and I guess they're still reeling from the hit.

Gorgorn #509863 06/07/14 12:28 AM
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
My ranger is easily my best character. It can cause melee damage at range, something mages lack. So for example zombies you can throw down a fire arrow and then shoot them to cause a major explosion when their poison blood mixes with fire. If you're lacking AP get glass cannon or haste from the rogue skills.

Not to mention bows that causes elemental effects: a bow that causes lightning on a regular human is insane, you insta-stun them as they bleed and get electrified... also hits any friends they may have at the same cost a warrior has for just smacking their sword.

Main thing is to use your special arrows strategically, and not do unnecessary moves.

Link Copied to Clipboard